Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hello?

Re: Hello?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:82e5bc0b-6fb4-46f3-b31e-de6cb16d0cf4">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, I'm just a tutor. I work with K-6 kids in all subjects, and the occasional Geometry student. I'm still a student, so tutoring is great for me right now.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>Cool. 'Just a tutor?' I bet when a kid passes a class because of the help you gave him/her or has an 'a-ha!' moment, you are way more than 'just a tutor.' </div><div>
    </div><div>Geometry makes my head hurt. If someone made me take a geometry class, I'd need your services. </div>
  • Options
    Haha omg I love the Russian team USA people getting all huffy and insisting on a protest. Just love it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:d8304e27-60e8-4c00-b4c2-a13385a30fd6">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, I have a bachelors degree in Political Science and a bachelors degree in Justice and Public Safety, and a masters in Public Administration. Any class right now?  Probably something having to do with computers.  Computers are fun.  Administration is fun too, but I've taken a bunch of management and administration courses, so I'm not sure there's many more of those that I can take.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Are you willing to go back to school (again) at all?  I mean, I'm talking eventual career jobs here, not a "right now" job to get you out of what you're doing.

With your background, if you did some IT stuff, I wonder if you'd enjoy doing forensic computer stuff. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:c624b41a-3a79-43df-a455-46d3ed1ca00d">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? : Cool. 'Just a tutor?' I bet when a kid passes a class because of the help you gave him/her or has an 'a-ha!' moment, you are way more than 'just a tutor.'  Geometry makes my head hurt. If someone made me take a geometry class, I'd need your services. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>haha, yeah, that's true. The girl I work with now was in private school, but her parents switched her to public for this year. The reason? They'd rather pay me than pay the school since she wouldn't have passed without me. That felt awesome to hear. </div><div>I love geometry, and hate algebra. </div>
  • Options
    Gymnastics judges seem like they are ultra bitchy.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    And also Holly?  I realize you didn't ask for input, so feel free to ignore me or tell me to shut up.  Unsolicited advice can be so annoying.  Sorry!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:f6669f74-0a07-425a-9542-9b31618275ca">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha omg I love the Russian team USA people getting all huffy and insisting on a protest. Just love it.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, they are all in a dither. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have to say though, karma caught up with Miss I'm-too-good-for-silver Komova on her lackluster beam routine. And I know she's a kid and all that, but I just don't like her. </div>
  • Options
    Omg are you seeing this tension right now!!! Set to the soundtrack of miss Katy perry hahah.
  • Options
    I like watching the bank of photographers clicking away frenetically, too. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Hello?:[QUOTE]Haha omg I love the Russian team USA people getting all huffy and insisting on a protest. Just love it. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

The guy in the stands that was the 96 coach? He's pretty intense.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Ahhhh yay!!! Awww so glad they went into a tizzy for that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:a9ba3a23-58a1-4e90-ba5a-b1fbe56ef35a">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? : haha, yeah, that's true. The girl I work with now was in private school, but her parents switched her to public for this year. The reason? They'd rather pay me than pay the school since she wouldn't have passed without me. That felt awesome to hear.  I love geometry, and hate algebra. 
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Algebra sucks.  It's a necessary evil, though.

</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>But it still sucks.</div>
  • Options
    So, here's a random story.

I'm driving to work today.  And I drive through some major hick farmland.  And I get behind this little green mid-sized pickup, with a topper on it, but the top gate of the topper was gone and it was covered with chicken wire.  And in the back of this little pickup?  Some furniture, and four goats.  GOATS I TELL YOU WTF.

• Options
    Haha he totally is, Adamar, and I love him for it.
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:0751e0f1-109a-4384-9c8c-5eea7d8a2faa">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hello?: The guy in the stands that was the 96 coach? He's pretty intense.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that is  her dad. </div><div>
    </div><div>And, look how happy she is to get a bronze. No nasty attitude there. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Not her dad? I dunno. He IS indeed intense. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:a9ba3a23-58a1-4e90-ba5a-b1fbe56ef35a">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? : haha, yeah, that's true. The girl I work with now was in private school, but her parents switched her to public for this year. The reason? They'd rather pay me than pay the school since she wouldn't have passed without me. That felt awesome to hear.  I love geometry, and hate algebra. 
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>I bet! </div><div>
    </div><div>Ick to algebra, too. The only math I really liked was finite math. That shiiiit is useful. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:d74446d2-41e6-454b-860c-404c3db6c5c7">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, only if it's not for another masters degree.  I've talked to H about going back for an IT degree, but right now, it's just not feasable.  My student loan debt is already pretty high, and I certainly don't want to increase that right now.  Going back to school doesn't bother me, though, other than the financial portion of it.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Yeah, student loans totally blow.  Well, I hope you figure something out!  Job searching and not really knowing what you want to do totally sucks.  I feel you, for sure. 

• Options
    I also loved Geometry and hated everything else about math ever.  Especially Algebra and Trig.

But I'm a weirdo and I loved doing proofs.

• Options
    Wally the dude waaaay up in the stands looking all nervous was her dad. The older gentleman who was practically climbing out of the stands for a protest?? That was the USA '96 coach, lol.
  • Options
    I've got one more math class left at school. College algebra or trig. Chances are I'm taking trig.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:9e536c86-55a7-4810-8cfc-ea0f8ca104d7">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally the dude waaaay up in the stands looking all nervous was her dad. The older gentleman who was practically climbing out of the stands for a protest?? That was the USA '96 coach, lol.

<div>Ahhh, OK. </div>
  • Options
    Wow.. goats in a pick up truck.  That's an interesting sight to see I'm sure.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:9e536c86-55a7-4810-8cfc-ea0f8ca104d7">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally the dude waaaay up in the stands looking all nervous was her dad. The older gentleman who was practically climbing out of the stands for a protest?? That was the USA '96 coach, lol.

Bela Karolyi?

• Options
    You ladies are whack. Geometry is terrible and makes no sense. Algebra follows a train of consistent logic and order. I always aced my algebra classes, but geometry was a mindfuck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:ff3d79fe-dea5-43b9-b85e-5fce4dfa649a">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.. goats in a pick up truck.  That's an interesting sight to see I'm sure.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

It surely was.  I was like WTF IS THIS WHERE DO I LIVE?!

I thought they were dogs at first, because they were floppy eared goats. Nope.  Goats.  GOATS.

• Options
    Thats the one, J. I love that intense old man. I told my mom during the 96 Olympics that I wanted her to call him so we could train individually with him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:6e931a00-a540-4fdf-a31f-f78916de5760">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, here's a random story. I'm driving to work today.  And I drive through some major hick farmland.  And I get behind this little green mid-sized pickup, with a topper on it, but the top gate of the topper was gone and it was covered with chicken wire.  And in the back of this little pickup?  Some furniture, and four goats.  GOATS I TELL YOU WTF.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The country is awesome.  Right around the corner from where I live are cattle ranches. I'm in the suburbs of Houston, houses and strip malls everywhere, then BOOM cattle ranches.</div><div>
    </div><div>Goats are cool though. If you have extensive property, like an acre or more, a couple of goats will keep your grass trimmed.  They're kinda cute too.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:0751e0f1-109a-4384-9c8c-5eea7d8a2faa">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hello?: The guy in the stands that was the 96 coach? He's pretty intense.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Bela Karolyi?  He's always like that.
  • Options
    Interesting about the silver/bronze deal. Hmmm. I still think Komova demonstrates a lack of grace when it comes to sporstmanship, however. 

J, I'm giggling at the goats visual. The things you see in the rural midwest. 
  • Options
    I did well in all math classes except Geometry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards