New Jersey
Options

Roll call!

We haven't done one in a while and have quite a few new people!  

Names:
Wedding date:
Venue:
Color scheme:
Colleges:
What you and FI/H do for a living:
Fun fact about your FI/H:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Roll call!

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Joanna and JamesWedding date: 11/4/11Venue: Ravello'sColor scheme: Burgundy/Gold/SageColleges: Dartmouth (me), Youngstown State (FI), Rutgers (MA for me, MM and DMA for him - it's where we met!)What you and FI/H do for a living:  I'm studying to teach music history on the college level, and work part time as an arts administrator.  He is a freelance musician and teacher, waiting for professorships to open.Fun fact about your FI/H:  he is a beer connoisseur and recently took up brewing, he is working on a pumpkin ale for our wedding week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    HCrimson08HCrimson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Hailey and Jared

Wedding date: May 12, 2012

Venue: Castle Hill, Newport RI

Color scheme:  long list right now need to narrow down

Colleges: Hailey: UVA undergrad, Harvard Masters in Education ( Teach for America), Columbia Teachers College  and  M.ed Special ed  Montclair University- LDTC
     ( I am sooooo done with school),   Jared: Cornell, MBA NYU

What you and FI/H do for a living: Hailey: LDTC, soon to be published author
    ( I hope) :) ,  Jared- Hedge Fund

Fun fact about your FI/H: Fi is 6 foot 8  ...... I make yogi bear jokes about him " being bigger than the average bear :)   Fi was in the 2008 Olympics, Very talented in athletics!!!
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Names: Christine and Frank Wedding date: 7/15/12 Venue: Highlawn Pavillion in West OrangeColor scheme: Purple Gold and some orange for funColleges: FI - Richard Stockton College and Me: Mason Gross School of MusicWhat you and FI/H do for a living: He works in a enviromental conservation company and I am a music teacher~ Violins rule~Fun fact about your FI/H: He is really kind and he converted to Catholicism for me. Funny thing is that after we are married, we are raising our kids both Jewish and Christian. Best of both worlds~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Marianne and Gabrielle
    Wedding date:  10/13/12
    Venue: Cinders
    Color scheme: Truffle, Cognac, Lattte and Wine
    Colleges:  Cedar Crest College in Allentown, PA
    What you and FI/H do for a living:  I am a nanny, and she is a financial analyst.
    Fun fact about your FI/H:  She is corny.  Like, completely and utterly corny.  When we first got together I would roll my eyes at all her puns and jokes, but now I just gloss over them like I've been hearing them forever.  :P

Mari
    Wedding Countdown Ticker wedding countdown Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Venue
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Renata & Sergio

Wedding date:
    10/1/11

Venue:
    Rutgers Gardens in New Brunswick

Color scheme:
    Navy Blue & Orange

Colleges:
    Me - Rutgers University for my BA, Seton Hall for my MA, FI - DeVry University

What you and FI/H do for a living
    : I'm an educational consultant for a large publishing company, FI is a Marketing Manager for a large telecomm company.

We met in Miami on vacation with separate groups of friends & we both lived in NJ. Later came to find out that I actually met him 10 years earlier in H.S. when he DJed a dance at my all-girls highschool & I was on social committee. I guess it was just meant to be...

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2772fb-d2ee-4a0d-b0bd-357011dfcef8Post:fa5f8e0a-5a4e-40a6-b588-57e07ee0147b">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names: Renata & Sergio Wedding date: 10/1/11 Venue: Rutgers Gardens in New Brunswick Color scheme: Navy Blue & Orange Colleges: Me - Rutgers University for my BA, Seton Hall for my MA, FI - DeVry University What you and FI/H do for a living : I'm an educational consultant for a large publishing company, FI is a Marketing Manager for a large telecomm company. Fun fact about your FI/H: We met in Miami on vacation with separate groups of friends & we both lived in NJ. Later came to find out that I actually met him 10 years earlier in H.S. when he DJed a dance at my all-girls highschool & I was on social committee. I guess it was just meant to be...
    Posted by renatari[/QUOTE]

Huge congrats on the wedding, hope you have the best wedding day ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Angela & SergioWedding date: May 19th 2013Venue: Perona Farms in Andover, N.JColor scheme: Don't particularly have oneColleges: Montclair State University for my BA in Psychology, Rutgers University for my PsyD in Clinical Psychology. Rutgers University for BA in Exercise Science and Physiology for FI, Rutgers University for his Physician Assistant cert.What you and FI/H do for a living: We both go to school full-time. Sergio works at a bank as a teller and I work part-time at a Fine Wines store.Fun fact about your FI/H: He has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. And he does this thing where he can raise all of the hairs on his arm and give himself goosebumps.. It's awesome and somehow turns me on lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:Ashley and Tony
    Wedding date: 4/5/12
    Venue: Il Tulipano
    Color scheme: Turquoise and Gray( I think)
    Colleges: William Paterson (me), Lincoln Tech(him)
    What you and FI/H do for a living: state worker(me), Draftmen(him)
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He was born 8/12 and I was born 12/8 which them around and we have the other persons b-day( dorky i know)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:Ashley and Tony
    Wedding date: 4/5/12
    Venue: Il Tulipano
    Color scheme: Turquoise and Gray( I think)
    Colleges: William Paterson (me), Lincoln Tech(him)
    What you and FI/H do for a living: state worker(me), Draftmen(him)
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He was born 8/12 and I was born 12/8 which them around and we have the other persons b-day( dorky i know)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Hilary and Andrew
    Wedding date:  June 10, 2012
    Venue:  Olde Mill Inn, Basking Ridge
    Color scheme:  Black and White, with pink and purle flowers for color
    Colleges:  Fairleigh Dickinson and Virgina Tech
    What you and FI/H do for a living:  I'm an Accountant (Auditor) and FI is a Pre-clinical Trial Researcher (he works for Merck and performs studies on monkeys for new drugs that are coming out)
    Fun fact about your FI/H:  He is an avid wrestler, has been wrestling since he was 5.  Now he helps to coach highschool kids and one of the kids he helps was a state champ last year.  He is also  a huge VT football fan. Sports could easily take over our lives if Im not careful hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2772fb-d2ee-4a0d-b0bd-357011dfcef8Post:d1147471-4482-4c38-9b09-905d2692f522">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roll call! : Huge congrats on the wedding, hope you have the best wedding day ever!
    Posted by HCrimson08[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Names: Rachel & Sean

Wedding date: 
    Hoping for 6/1/2013 

Venue:
     Undecided 

Color scheme: 
    Thinking blue, white, black

Colleges:
     Pace University for me

What you and FI/H do for a living
    : I'm a junior broker & FI is a machine operator at a steel mill

He has the NJ Devils logo tattooed on his calf

• Options
    JcilenteJcilente member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Jayme & Steve
    Wedding date: August 25, 2012
    Venue: The Madison Hotel
    Color scheme: Yellow, Navy & Gold
    Colleges: I went to Unveristy of Maryland for BS and California University of PA for MS and FI went to University of Michigan for BA
    What you and FI/H do for a living: I work for a financial firm and he works for a publishing company.
    Fun fact about your FI/H: We met on vacation when he sat next to my mom on the plane ride to St. Maartin. He was supposed to go with a college buddy that cancelled last minute and I was supposed to go with my entire family (it ended up being just me and my mom). We hung out all week while we were on vacation and since we only lived about an hour from eachother in NJ, started dated when we got back. Now here we are a couple of years later getting ready to spend the rest of our lives together. My FI always jokes that he knew it would work when he met my mom first, we spent a week away together and then started dating...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gymchick05 - Pm'ed you back :)
  • Options
    TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Deanne and Tom
    Wedding date: 11-5-11
    Venue: Empire Club
    Color scheme: Fall colors
    Colleges: Katherine Gibbs in NYC and MSU (me) Farleigh and William Paterson (FI)
    What you and FI/H do for a living: I am a designer and FI is a medical data analyst
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He does an awesome impression of Harrison Ford AND Sean Connery.
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Names: Siobhan and John

Wedding date: St. Patty's Day! 3/17/12

Venue: The Graycliff

Color scheme:Tea Rose Pink and Clover Green

Colleges: Stevens (me) and City College (him)

What you and FI/H do for a living: We're both teachers. Me- chemistry, him- art and computers

Fun fact about your FI/H: He collects Transformers.  He has over a thousand of them in in man cave.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2772fb-d2ee-4a0d-b0bd-357011dfcef8Post:bd0be4b1-c1ac-4898-91bd-73ce7d2d0701">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names: Jayme & Steve Wedding date: August 25, 2012 Venue: <strong>The Madison Hotel </strong>Color scheme: Yellow, Navy & Gold Colleges: I went to Unveristy of Maryland for BS and California University of PA for MS and FI went to University of Michigan for BA What you and FI/H do for a living: I work for a financial firm and he works for a publishing company. Fun fact about your FI/H: We met on vacation when he sat next to my mom on the plane ride to St. Maartin. He was supposed to go with a college buddy that cancelled last minute and I was supposed to go with my entire family (it ended up being just me and my mom). We hung out all week while we were on vacation and since we only lived about an hour from eachother in NJ, started dated when we got back. Now here we are a couple of years later getting ready to spend the rest of our lives together. My FI always jokes that he knew it would work when he met my mom first, we spent a week away together and then started dating...
    Posted by Jcilente[/QUOTE]

I loooooove that hotel their botanical room is so gorgeous!
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Karen & Rafael Wedding date: 11/12/11Venue: St Francis and Michael AnthonysColor scheme: Navy & SilverColleges: University of Illinois (me). St. Peters (him)What you and FI/H do for a living: Finance stuff (him), record label & photo retouching (me) Fun fact about your FI/H: We met on Eharmony!
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kristen and JoeWedding date: 5/14/11 - already passed lolVenue:Ramsey Country ClubColor scheme: Hunter and ivoryColleges: me - East Stroudsburg University, him - more than I can count, right now he's finishing up his bachelor's at Thomas Edison, he'll be a graduate  in March.What you and FI/H do for a living: I'm a middle school teacher, He's a baseball coach at Rutgers Camden Univ. and a substitute teacher.Fun fact about your FI/H: He's a huge Jimmy Buffett fan!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    abungerabunger member
    edited December 2011
    Names: Alicia + TonyWedding date: 6/30/12Venue: Cranbury InnColor scheme:  Some shade of blue?Colleges: Too many... 6 b/tw the both of usWhat you and FI/H do for a living: post doc researcher (me), IT systems (Fi)Fun fact about your FI/H: He plays the bagpipes!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Renata & GuillaumeWedding date: 4-21-12Venue: The Empire Club in Little Ferry, NJColor scheme: Light Pink, Light Yellow & GoldColleges: Rutgers (me), 2 colleges in Martinique that I can't spell (FI)What you and FI/H do for a living: I work in Regulatory Affairs at a biopharmaceutical company & have a Mary Kay business. FI cuts ice at an ice rink & does web design.Fun fact about your FI/H: He's French! and hates spiders
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Christine & Bishoy
    Wedding date: November 3, 2012
    Venue: The Heldrich Hotel
    Color scheme: Burnt Orange, Chocolate Brown, Burgundy
    Colleges: Me: Morrisville State (didn't finish) him- Rutgers
    What you and FI/H do for a living: I am an executive assistant for a Pharma company & he is in Pharma advertising
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He's both Greek and Egyptian and is conversational in Arabic
    Nov 2012 Siggy: The ring!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2772fb-d2ee-4a0d-b0bd-357011dfcef8Post:d1b761e9-2fab-49cd-ac43-706b6489215d">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names: Renata & Guillaume Wedding date: 4-21-12 Venue: <strong>The Empire Club in Little Ferry, NJ </strong>Color scheme: Light Pink, Light Yellow & Gold Colleges: Rutgers (me), 2 colleges in Martinique that I can't spell (FI) What you and FI/H do for a living: I work in Regulatory Affairs at a biopharmaceutical company & have a Mary Kay business. FI cuts ice at an ice rink & does web design. Fun fact about your FI/H: He's French! and hates spiders
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

VENUE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Names:  Jessica and Jarred

Wedding date:  April 21, 2012
    Venue:  Bridgewater Manor
    Color scheme:  Tiffany blue/Aqua, Cherry, and cream
    Colleges:  FI didn't go to school.  For me, Ramapo College for my BA in Criminal Justice/ Pre Law track, and Widener University for my JD.
    What you and FI/H do for a living:  FI works in Sheet Metal and works some laser cutting machine that I really don't understand.  I am a criminal defense attorney.
    Fun fact about your FI/H:  He is the only boy with four sisters, used to be a chef and a commercial fisherman, and at his new job, he created the showcases for ipad at walmarts.  (those big metal cases with the apple cut out....he does that)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Angela and Alexander

Wedding date: 6/15/12

Venue: The Newark Club <3

Color scheme:  Navu Blue and (undecided on the other color, probably silver)

Colleges:  Penn State for Fi, Bergen CC school of nursing for me (just applied to
    Holy Name, crossing fingers)

What you and FI/H do for a living:  I am a payroll/HR rep & student, he is a finance manager.

Fun fact about your FI/H:  He is freakishly smart, he could probably be on the PGA tour if he quit work and dedicated his life to golf.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Gianine & Mike
    Wedding date:  9/9/2011 (yes I know I need to move on - lol)
    Venue:  Palace at Somerset Park
    Color scheme:  Dark purple and silver
    Colleges:  me/UConn (go Huskies!) and DH/Jacksonville, FL
    What you and FI/H do for a living:  I was a buyer/merchant for several major retailers before hitting burnout... now I do HR for a pharmaceutical company (no correlation whatsoever-lol).  He does sales. 
    Fun fact about your FI/H:  He is a really good golfer.  The joke is that he was a 2 handicap until he met me!  And he's obsessed with sports.  (DoubleAS and Hilary, I can relate!)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2772fb-d2ee-4a0d-b0bd-357011dfcef8Post:0ba4a23f-5043-4ad4-80f6-fce18b479ba7">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names: Angela and Alexander Wedding date: 6/15/12 Venue: The Newark Club <3 Color scheme:  Navu Blue and (undecided on the other color, probably silver) Colleges:  Penn State for Fi, Bergen CC school of nursing for me (just applied to Holy Name, crossing fingers) What you and FI/H do for a living:  I am a payroll/HR rep & student, he is a finance manager. Fun fact about your FI/H:  He is freakishly smart, he could probably be on the PGA tour if he quit work and dedicated his life to golf.
    Posted by DoubleAS[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Newark club, the food is excellent and the view is terrific. I grew up in Newark in the ironbound and it would have been nice. Just wasn't in our price point.
  • Options
    kozacskozacs member
    edited December 2011
    Names: Stephanie and Andrew
    Wedding date: 11/19/11
    Venue: The Atrium
    Color scheme: Navy and silver with pink and purple flowers
    Colleges: Me- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for undergrad and Virginia Commonwealth University for grad, FI- Rutgers
    What you and FI/H do for a living: I am a genetic counselor and FI is an insurance underwriter
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He loves to do karaoke and always sings Bon Jovi
  • Options
    justad0remejustad0reme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Jennifer and Michael
    Wedding date: 04/29/11
    Venue: Florentine Gardens
    Color scheme: still undecided but leaning towards plum with pink accents
    Colleges: I went to RU for my BA and Seton Hall for my MA and Fi went to NJIT for his BA and MA and RU for his MBA.
    What you and FI/H do for a living: I just got a job as a psych ER screener at a hospital in my area and Fi works in the tech department of a financial company.
    Fun fact about your FI/H: He won't admit it but he is obsessed with the Twilight series  ;]
    ~~* Jen *~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards