Nevada-Las Vegas

Honeymoon-ing

Hello Knotties!

I thought I would start a post on where everyone had and is honeymooning.

I'll start by saying my soon to be hubby and I will be honeymooning in Hawaii!!! I really wanted to get married in Hawaii on the beach but it is too expensive for everyone. Our friends were all ready for Hawaii but at least we can honeymoon there. We are not sure on what island yet so if anyone has a particular island they love I'd love to hear about it. I've heard Maui and Kauai are phenomenal.

Can't wait to hear all the great places you will or have visited. :-)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Honeymoon-ing

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We won't be taking a honeymoon until the fall and we still don't know where we're going... We've vacationed at a Sandals in Jamaica which was awesome so we might end up going to another Sandals resort somewhere else.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    We are honeymooning in San Fran for 3 days, Yosemite for 3 days and then Hawaii for 8 days. We are stying in Oahu  because we have to attend a wedding while we are there and because we wanted to see the Pearl Harbour Memorial and are doing a 3 day live aboard dive with a research group that gets to dive places that tourist tours don't get to do.
  • edited December 2011
    Direy-I hear ya about not being able to go right away. I'm hoping we can go right away but well see what happens. My parents have a timeshare they can trade and trying to get Hawaii but they've tried over a year in advance before and no luck so we'll see. My brother has one in Hawaii too. Maybe they'll let us use it. :-) J_jaye-that sounds fun! I had a bad experience when I was younger and fell in the ocean and ever since I haven't gone snorkeling since. :-(. Have fun! I am sure I'm missing a lot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we'll be going to the Dominican Republic for a week :)
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed in Vegas for nearly a week.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    No honeymoon for me. :(
    We'll have to go back home right after the wedding. I have school until December when I graduate. Depending on our financial situation at that point we may go on one sometime in late winter/ early spring 2012.
    We've also talked about moving out to Vegas some time after I graduate. Ben could make a lot more money working out there and my major (accounting) leaves me pretty flexible.

Our ideal plan is one of 3 things
    1) Cruise out of Long Beach
    2) Fly to Puerto Rico, stay with his family, leave on a cruise out of there
    3) All inclusive - preferably one of the Excellence Resorts

*We plan on doing all of these in the next few years, just a matter of $$$
  • edited December 2011
    Dominican...I've never been but heard great things about it. Can't wait to hear all about it! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Maui and I can't wait :) 
  • edited December 2011

We are going to Sandals Ocho Rios Jamaica for 7 day .

• MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were in Vegas for a few days after the wedding and then went to Cancun several months later. Didn't really care HM was delayed a few months. We still had a fabulous time!

• edited December 2011
    kdj-I can't wait to hear all about it. I've soooooo many wonderful things about Maui. :-). I wish I was tying the knot this year.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jamacia nice! My FI was there before we dated and said it was awesome. Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The royal at Playa del carmen for a week!
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in Italy for 13 days and it was great! We went to Rome, Tuscany, Venice and ended in Milan. We were also going to Kyoto/Osaka/Nara in Japan for a week, but it got cancelled due to the recent crises. 
  • hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going on a 7 day cruise to Mexico. We'll be stopping in cabo, Mazatlan and puerto Valletta.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We are going to a Secrets All-Inclusive Resort in Playa del Carmen..

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_honeymoon-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2a83f6ed-ed24-43d0-a622-ec962d1f8635Post:101ba37c-b030-456b-9dd4-7d9d5f1a402b">Re: Honeymoon-ing</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were in Italy for 13 days and it was great! We went to Rome, Tuscany, Venice and ended in Milan. We were also going to Kyoto/Osaka/Nara in Japan for a week, but it got cancelled due to the recent crises. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

Welcome back.  Glad to see you back on the board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to LeBlanc Resort in Cancun for a week.  I so cannot wait.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_honeymoon-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2a83f6ed-ed24-43d0-a622-ec962d1f8635Post:5df34d47-2ef1-4e06-9f74-c221ec950572">Re: Honeymoon-ing</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are honeymooning in <strong>San Fran</strong> for 3 days, Yosemite for 3 days and then Hawaii for 8 days. We are stying in Oahu  because we have to attend a wedding while we are there and because we wanted to see the Pearl Harbour Memorial and are doing a 3 day live aboard dive with a research group that gets to dive places that tourist tours don't get to do.
    Posted by j_jaye[/QUOTE]

<div>San Fran...nice, my stomping grounds!  Let me know if you need any recs. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Undecided at the moment...trying to decide between Hawaii, Mexico and somewhere in the Carribbean...I've actually got a post on the HM forum right now asking for advice on that.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    @ Lsvensson- thanks for that I might take you up on it..We are trying to decide where to stay at the moment everything is sooo expensive even the bad hotels with bed bug reports! Any suggestion would be good!

I left you a message on the HM board...I thinkyou'd enjoy Bali if you can use the FF's to get there but there is a great deal on Cudo (which is the Aussie Groupon) for 5 nights in Krabi Thailand for $599 for 2 people which is a crazy deal at a 5 stat resort and includes breakfast and airport transfers plus a few other bits nad pieces. They even let you buy multiple and use them at once so you can stay 10 nights!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to the Bahamas for 2 heavenly weeks. Leaving the night after the wedding. OMG I can't wait!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Disneyworld!  As well as Universal for the Harry Potter themepark!

We get a lot of surprising responses on this...but it's a trip we have talked about ever since they first announced the Harry Potter themepark...and it just sort of worked out for the timing for us to make it our honeymoon.  i am SO excited though! 

Unfortunately we have to wait til early 2012 due to each of us losing a week of vacation for 2011, we won't have any left.  But oh well - more time to save up $$ this way.  Haha.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh how I've always wanted to go to Hawaii!
    Wow Kara! Other than the awful circumstances with Japan, your honeymoon sounded fabulous!

We'll be going to Jamaica! But we just got back so we wont be going again until next February. My FI and I have rented a villa in Jamaica 2 years in a row...never again we will stay in an all inclusive. It may not be 5 stars but I love having our own space and our own pool and the girls who cook/clean have been fabulous!
    http://www.mysilversands.com/content/silver_sands.aspx?sshow=silversands
    we've also stayed at http://www.heavensgatevilla.com

Luckily, we are in Vegas for a week and are getting married right in the middle so we can spend time with our guests before hand and then enjoy eachothers company after :)

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No honeymoon....the wedding is soaking up all available funds.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    We spent a few days after the wedding in Vegas.  Our honeymoon is coming up and will be right after our 1 year anniversary.  We're going to Maui.  I don't regret delaying it at all, it's allowed us a chance to save up for what we really want to do.

@Diamond pick up the Maui Revealed and Kauai Revealed books.  They will tell you all the things to do on the islands.
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Mexico but not sure how easy it is going to be be to get there from Vegas - we cant book till July I am hoping it is going to be simple :)
  • edited December 2011
    GREAT locations ladies!  Can't wait to see pictures when it comes time.  Smile

mhoneybee-My SIL and brother have a timeshare for Hawaii b/c she LOVES Hawaii so much and she gave me some books for 3 islands I think.  I'll have to see what the books are called.  Maui, Oahu, Kauai.  I am SO excited to go, but have more than a year to wait.  Frown

It's okay because it will all be well worth the wait. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We will not be going on a honeymoon. :( But we will be in Vegas for about a week. Our plan is to save some money and go on a big vacation about a year after we are married. Most likely Hawaii!  We just got back from Oahu and it was wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    MAGIC34K--did you visit any other islands?  Do you know how much it is to fly from island to island?  Just curious b/c I'd love to visit as many as we can while honeymooning.  Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know the prices. My FI has family living there and they do it all the time.. even for school field trips. So i would imagine it isn't too ridiculous. 

I only visited Oahu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards