Nevada-Las Vegas

Vista Suite Brides

So am I the only one starting to have a bit of a panic attack?
Just curious those of you who are using the Vista suite are you going to keep with your plans as is or change them? I'm still 8 months out from my wedding so I still have time to find another place for a reception but FI and I really wanted to do an in-suite reception and we're getting married at Mandalay Bay so the Vista suite worked perfect for us. I can't imagine how devastated I'll be though if we get there the day before our wedding to check in and they tell us no, and it's not like we can come up with some last minute plan B wedding reception. I've decided to check with Maggiano's to see if they're available that day...I just don't know what direction to go in anymore.
One last thing, if I do cancel my Vista suite reservation now do I get my money back?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vista Suite Brides

• zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you reserve the suite through the wedding chapel? In other words, is it included in your contract?
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ziti is in my head.  If you are already buying a ceremony package, have your room added to your contract.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I didn't book it thorugh the wedding coordinator. I'll try contacting my coordinator though and seeing if I can get that put in anywhere or if because I'm not using them for anything reception related other then the room they'll tell me I'm on my own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Most Vegas hotels let you cancel up to 48 hour in advance and your deposit is refunded.

Did you book your room through your wedding coordinator at MB? If so, check your contract, a room guarantee might be in there.

ETA: you answered the second question. But I would call, the worst they can say is no and you can go from there
  • edited December 2011
    Unless your booking the package w/the In-Suite Reception, the contract will not have anything about the room. I had my WC book it but it was like any other reservation w/ just a conformation number.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stinker,
    At the GN, my ceremony package comes with a specific room type so it is in my contract.  I was hoping that maybe MB could work the same way.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    Yepp, starting to panic. Our Vista is booked for a Monday-Thursday so I'm hoping that will help a bit, since it's not over a weeked but still....ahhhh. I'm just going to keep it as planned and deal with it then if need be.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:d606525b-301f-4bf1-9640-cb0726fd09d8">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stinker, At the GN, my ceremony package comes with a specific room type so it is in my contract.  I was hoping that maybe MB could work the same way.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Yeah the packages that incld. a room will more than likely do that, I told my WC what we were doing and she was cool with helping me book a Vista. It also could be that if you can get a WC to book it it comes out of the stash that they have held for the "In-Suite" rooms that are set aside for the Chapel?
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly I have been having the same anxiety over my suite at Planet Hollywood.  I am hoping having a room block tied to it wil help with me actually getting the room when we show up to check in.  i really don't want to have an "episode" at the chech-in desk.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you think they are just doing this for the vista's or all of the mb/the hotel suites?

im far out too but a little bit of stress is creeping up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I just e-mailed my wedding coordinator to see if she can shed any light on this for me. I think I will probably go ahead with having my reception in there and hope for the best, it is a Wednesday and Thursday night in January during a non-huge convention week.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:8cbc2433-7d04-4393-8e54-915e2161f99c">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I just e-mailed my wedding coordinator to see if she can shed any light on this for me. I think I will probably go ahead with having my reception in there and hope for the best, it is a Wednesday and Thursday night in January during a non-huge convention week.
    Posted by hstaples4[/QUOTE]

I have it "booked" for our Meet & Greet on a Friday in January and  I am definetly freaking out! I was just about to send out our deposit to Masterpiece Catering and now I am hestitating. These recent MB f**k-ups have def got me worried.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:8cbc2433-7d04-4393-8e54-915e2161f99c">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I just e-mailed my wedding coordinator to see if she can shed any light on this for me. I think I will probably go ahead with having my reception in there and hope for the best, it is a Wednesday and Thursday night in January during a non-huge convention week.
    Posted by hstaples4[/QUOTE]Let us know what you find out. I might follow up wit my WC to double check.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:5e950708-2c4f-461e-856a-fd6bfdd026c9">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vista Suite Brides : <strong>Let us know what you find out.</strong> I might follow up wit my WC to double check.
    Posted by rferry[/QUOTE]
    I'll update you as soon as I hear anything from her, hopefully she wont take too long to get back to me. I contacted Maggiano's and they are available that night so I guess first I'll see what my coordinator has to say and if she isn't very assuring I may switch to Maggiano's,cause I just don't know if I'm willing to gamble our wedding reception with Mandalay Bay. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far this is the only response I've gotten from them, but I have a feeling once they see I'm not using their in-suite catering for a reception they may not care about my concerns. Who knows though they may surprise me. I'll keep you posted.

Hi Hayley~

I understand your concerns and am looking into this as this is something that concerns us as well. I will reach out to you once I receive a response.

Please let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Best,
    Mischelle
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our Meet and Greet in a Vista on Friday, 9/2. Suddenly very, very nervous. Please keep us all updated!
  • jmgotthardtjmgotthardt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait.... what is going on with the Vista Suites?!?  I'm getting married at MB in 22 days!!!  I haven't been here on the knot since January, so I'm out of the loop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:ebc839b0-ed8b-4053-b24b-bfe6f31d0f23">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait.... what is going on with the Vista Suites?!?  I'm getting married at MB in 22 days!!!  I haven't been here on the knot since January, so I'm out of the loop!
    Posted by jmgotthardt[/QUOTE]
    Read GinaMarie's review of Mandaly Bay from this past week, and she's not the only one this has happened to recently.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-522-mb-long">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-522-mb-long</a>
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the L at TheHotel, and this still makes me worried.  We're doing a Thurs. and Fri. so hoping that may help, and maybe since Thehotel isn't as popular as the Vista, yet, but that may not matter either.  When I was there for my scouting trip the people at the front desk at both thehotel and MB weren't overly friendly but ok enough, I think you sometimes have to get lucky with the right/nice front desk person.

But yes I'm also worried now.
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly don't understand why they would do this. I was actually really nervous until our wedding. I read about Mandalay Bay doing this to another bride on another board and I got really scared. We checked in on a Thursday and the suite was available immediately. I really hope Mandalay Bay can shed some light on why thiar weekend so many brides got turned away. It's awful. Sara, I wouldn't worry at all about the L suite. Those aren't advertised anywhere so you should be fine. I loved that suite when I saw it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:c605e136-8aeb-47b0-a3e6-671ab93a7d49">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't understand why they would do this. I was actually really nervous until our wedding. I read about Mandalay Bay doing this to another bride on another board and I got really scared. We checked in on a Thursday and the suite was available immediately. I really hope Mandalay Bay can shed some light on why thiar weekend so many brides got turned away. It's awful. Sara, I wouldn't worry at all about the L suite. Those aren't advertised anywhere so you should be fine. I loved that suite when I saw it.
    Posted by jb51411[/QUOTE]

I know, I really can't comprehend how they can do that to people/brides, even it being Vegas and all, I still don't get how they are able to sleep at night doing this to couples.  very sad.

Thanks for the reassurance regarding our suite, I'm hoping that is the case too, fingers majorly crossed!  Oh and I love our suite too, can't wait for it:)
  • edited December 2011
    If you have a suite on a busy weekend ie.Billboard Music Awards or a large convention, then you may be bummed by a high roller or celebrity. We didn't have any problem getting out suite.
  • edited December 2011
    I also booked the Vista Suite for my in-suite reception. I am so worried now that I might not get the room. I only booked it for the day of the ceremony/reception on a SATURDAY! I know I probably wasn't going to get early check-in because it's the weekend but now I may not get the room at all!? I don't know what I would do....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a vista bride, but it seems that those brides who did use MB catering got treated pretty well (see vfriday's post).

Is it possible to book the catering even for just the barest amount of services? I don't know about their prices, but I'm thinking of doing something more along the lines of what brides do with Cashman photogs -- use them for the barest amount of pics and get another photog for other photos?  So... get the catering for the bar package or something, and then use Masterpiece or whoever for what you really want. 

Again, don't know the prices, so it may not be a viable option .... just throwing ideas out there. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e9e6d90a-60a0-4e25-9b49-4b96379cb4e7Post:9f3051dd-a05d-4132-a10a-7808a44722b9">Re: Vista Suite Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not a vista bride, but it seems that those brides who did use MB catering got treated pretty well (see vfriday's post). Is it possible to book the catering even for just the barest amount of services? I don't know about their prices, but I'm thinking of doing something more along the lines of what brides do with Cashman photogs -- use them for the barest amount of pics and get another photog for other photos?  So... get the catering for the bar package or something, and then use Masterpiece or whoever for what you really want.  Again, don't know the prices, so it may not be a viable option .... just throwing ideas out there. 
    Posted by MizLynn[/QUOTE]

I think this could be a great option for Vista brides!  I am going to hold off until I hear a bad experience with the L, but if there is I will probably look into doing this too.  Maybe someone could post info/prices once they find out.  I do wonder though if the catering dept. knows you're using an outside vendor for your main food, if they'll care?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards