Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Bride and Groom Garage Sale!

Re: Bride and Groom Garage Sale!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is really interesting to see who all will show up to that. I could see some brides going and the ones who are married to sell their stuff but I am not sure about vendors because most want to rent. I am really curious how that turns out.

Thanks Allie
    The Phelps are TTC =)Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Our wedding details- eaphelps.weebly.com
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did.  I'm from the QC (and was married there), but live in Chicago now.  I'm trying to decide if I have enough things to sell to make it worth the gas to go back for it.
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hope they have another one since i wont be selling until late july!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We attended it! (Me and a bridesmaid) There wasn't much but I'm hoping they still try and do it if anything, biannually. I don't feel it was really promoted, but its an amazing thought!
    KWitt "The Wife"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all!  My name is Jenny, and I help run the Bride and Groom Garage Sale.  Just a few updates - we ARE going to be repeating this actually on October 29th this year.  (Our plan is to do this event twice a year.)

New this time - Sellers can rent a table for FREE.  They just need to go to qcweddings.com and register so that we can know how many tables we need to set up and what not. 

Admisison is $5, and ALL the proceeds this time will go to the River Bend Food Bank!  Awesome cause! 

Definitely with the first BGGS we were "testing the market" to see what kind of reaction we had.  I know this time we have at least twice as many tables and we are promoting it a bit more, but word of mouth is best (and free leaving more money for our charity donation!).

So tell your married friends, tell your engaged friends, that seller set up is from 9-11 and the sale is from 12-2 on October 29th at the Golden Leaf Convention Center in Davenport.  We hope to see you there!  :)

Contact me with any questions:  jenny@qcweddings.com or by my cell 563-343-1581
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards