Options

Lansing Knotties - Getting To Know Eachother

2»

Re: Lansing Knotties - Getting To Know Eachother

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Cassandra.  It sounds like you have a good handle on things.  Where are you planning to have the ceremony and reception?  Since you are marrying in June you may want to book earlier than a year, since some of the more popular venues will book up quickly for a June wedding.

Good luck in your planning and feel free to ask any questions you may have.  The ladies here are pretty friendly and helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! :) We don't know where yet but we love the meridian township park area, its super cute and I really want a pond near by (I know it sounds silly). We checked out a lot of places in traverse city, then decided that it would be too much to have 120ish friends and family drive up there. We checked out eagle eye and hawks hallow but I absolutely adore meridian township park for a ceremony & reception site. Today though my mom sent me a link to a place in Durand MI called duran station, and it use to be an old train station, so we are going to check it out. Thanks on telling me to book earlier, I'll tell my fiance that so it'll get us movin along :).
    :3
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you want to be by a lake, you might want to check out:
    http://www.lakeviewweddingsandreceptions.com/

It is on Round Lake and has ceremony space and reception space.  It has gotten good reviews from other Knotties.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Ashleigh and my fiancee is Chris. We have been dating for 8 1/2 years (since we were freshman in high school) when we went to St. Louis and he proposed at the top of the arch <3 We are both from the Brighton area before came to MSU for school and because of his job, it looks like we're staying here. We are planning on getting married in Frankenmuth in June 2012. I am currently a student, about to graduate from MSU in May. My fiancee graduated in December and is working as a manager at Biggby Coffee. Since we are young, we know that this wedding has to be on a budget and I'm OK with that. The only problem we have is that my mom is not on board at all. She basically thinks we're too young. Its just so frustrating because EVERYONE ELSE is thrilled! Well, I'm excited to get to know all of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Live. Laugh. Love.
  • Options
    pammymsupammymsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Pam, my FI and I met at MSU back in 2003. I am from St. Clair, MI and he is from the Lansing Area. Right now we live outside of Kansas City because I got a job out here after grad school.

We're doing a destination wedding in Jamaica in May or June 2012 and a reception in Old Town Lansing in August 2012.
    I'm at the very beginning planning stages and I'm trying my best to do this on a tight budget, which I'm sure will be a challenge.

Nice to meet you all!
    Pam
  • Options
    sw33tsarahsw33tsarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      Hi i'm Sarah and my FI and i are getting married 10/13/12. I know its along time away but its never too early to start planning. I'm a divorced mom with a 5 yr old son and a 7 yr old daughter. My FI has never been married so we are doing the big wedding. I'm origianally from Lansing but now i'm living in Owosso. I'm trying to find a venue close to here. I can't wait to get to get to know you girls and getting some opions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards