Michigan-Lansing
Options

Emergency Alterations

Hi everyone!  I'm looking for seamstress alterations for my dress.  I bought my dress at a bridal salon and called at the 2 month mark to make an appt.  They were booked solid but said they could get it done in time for my wedding.  When I brought my dress in today they said there was no way they could do my hem in time for the wedding and that they were too busy with prom season coming up.  So now I'm in a bind and looking for a new seamstress!  I really appreciate anyone's recommendations!

Re: Emergency Alterations

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked with Sandie's in Okemos (across from Wood's Marathon).  They do good work and seem to be pretty quick, especially if all you need is a hem. 

There is also Silver Thread Tailor Shoppe on Lake Lansing Rd.  I've never used them, but they have gotten good reviews.

Good luck.
  • Options
    marahstarnmarahstarn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you mind sharing where you got your dress from?

• Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what her workload would be right now, but Hilda at The Wedding Bell is awesome if she's available!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would second Hilda at the Wedding Bell in Okemos. She has been awesome for me so far and she said that if I continued to lose weight she could still alter my dress up to 2 weeks before our wedding. I think that's pretty quick. She could maybe do quicker if you need an emergency alterations. I would definitely contact her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards