Plus-Sized
Options

Brand New Wedding Dress Thread

Hey ladies (esp. anglyn),

Can we start a new sticky thread so those of us who've said yes to the dress can post pictures of us in our dresses?  Folks can 'ooh' and 'aah' but more importantly (IMHO) see what our gowns look like on us.

I know that when I was looking for my gown (which I just chose 8 days ago - YES!), I spent a bunch of time looking at designer sites but I had a hard time envisioning myself in those gowns.  It was very helpful to me to see pics of real plus size brides in gowns so I could get a better idea of what could look nice on me.  Unfortunately the old wedding dress thread that was sticky'ed doesn't work for me. 

I'll start. This is a pic of me in my gown.  It's Alcanar by Pronovias.  It's way more ball-gowny and couture then I thought I'd like, but once I put it on, I knew it was the dress for me.  I'll post another pic once it comes in and is altered to fit. 

*** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brand New Wedding Dress Thread

• Options
    edited December 2012
    YAY! I love seeing everyone in their wedding dresses. :)

and designer pic.

much sexier on me if I do say so myself. :)

Edited to add designer pic.
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's mine. My wedding was in September.

and here are the designer's photos.  I know when I was looking for dresses, I wanted to see the diffrence between the designer photo, and a "real bride" photo.  It helped a lot.

• Options

David's Bridal 9WG9927

In real life

the back:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just got married 11/30/2012  in Julietta by Mori Lee Collection 3118. Loved my gown! It flowed and completely complimented my figure. was a steal for 700.00! this is how it looked on the site 

and this was me :

*ready to have him always be the sprinkles to my ice cream! New Knottie*
  • Options
    Mine is also a Pronovias dress! It is the Bamba dress. I can't wait... 11 more months! Please forgive the black bra straps and bad hair!
  • Options
    Hah, my dress looks completely different on the model, lol

And now on me...

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Beautiful dresses ladies! Keep posting :)
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is my Oleg Cassini gown! I get to wear it in 18 days!!!!!!

• Options
    Here is mine  my wedding is in June.  I won't have MY dress until Februray.
    website callista
    http://www.callistabride.com/style.php?sty=4180
    stock photos

Me

• Options
    Here is mine. you have to just imagine me in it becuase i didnt fit in the size 6 sample *LOL*  Lazaro. Not sure exactly when it is going to be in. I didn't order it until the end of October, so prob not until late march 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Forgive the sideways view! This is me in my dress, it's Melissa Sweet back when Priscilla of Boston was closing. The dress feels like a dream, it's so light and I don't feel like I'm pretending to be someone else, just myself. I'm adding a purple sash and have a juliet bridal cap veil to go along with my dress. Can't wait for this coming November!!
  • Options
    dress and bolero on me:

on the model:

bolero (discontinued)
    imageimage
  • Options

David's Bridal
    style WG3397
  • Options
    I'm new this board, but I thought I'd join the fun and post my picture.  Its an Alfred Angelo style 801.  I might add a bolero that will zipper in the back for the ceremony.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    this was my size 18 alfred angelo corset back dress for my wedding in october i had 4 in in the back. 
  • Options
    Finally got mine while visiting family on the West Coast for Christmas ... I loved it in the store, and I STILL love it after travelling with it for 20 hours on 3 different flights and carrying it through 4 airports!!!  It was soooooo worth it, though!

On a model:
    http://www.bonny.com/collections/unforgettable/1818

On me:

Front

I really, really liked trying on the dresses that were designed for a curvy woman's body (vs. just being larger versions of one designed for a size 4-6).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_brand-new-wedding-dress-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:27c03e8e-6434-4ffb-906c-e796eaf53155Post:d908ff23-4593-4930-a1fc-029219c1ebd5">Re: Brand New Wedding Dress Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine!  
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

I must try on this dress, would you mind sharing where you got it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Posted on the wrong  thread earlier.  This is my vintage 1940's/Old Hollywood dress.  Its a size 18.  Sorry, cant tell you where to buy it, because I made it myself.
    "Southern women see no contradiction in mixing strength with gentleness."--Sharon McKern
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_brand-new-wedding-dress-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:27c03e8e-6434-4ffb-906c-e796eaf53155Post:67ef114d-da4a-4030-9746-ade0a95ff819">Re: Brand New Wedding Dress Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brand New Wedding Dress Thread : I must try on this dress, would you mind sharing where you got it?
    Posted by LisaA2014[/QUOTE]

Just saw this sorry!!  It is by private label by G the femme line.  I tried it on at party dress express in fall river MA

<a href="http://plbgbridal.com/product/femme_by_kenneth_winston/style_sp3354" rel="nofollow">http://plbgbridal.com/product/femme_by_kenneth_winston/style_sp3354</a>

That is the link for the dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    b_young31599b_young31599 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I'm a size 16/ 18, this dress is a size 24. I love it! The picture of the model in this dress didn't do it justice at all!

The model picture!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards