Plus-Sized

First "Fitting"

So, technically, this wasn't really a"fitting" so much as a "Time to rip this sucker apart and make it what I want" appointment.   Please ignore my hair.  It was flat ironed...then it rained.  Hello poodle.

So, the dress -

I want a corset.  My dress has a zipper.  In order to get it to corset right, I had to order it small.  I am a 20W.  This is taken in a 14W :P  YEESH it was tight but it will give you the general idea.

The dress is already bustled in this pic.  Because the train is just under 9.5 ft, I had to have a Austrian bustle (think 2 bigger in the center, and 2 smaller on either side)  Also, this is without the extra crinoline she is adding.

Once it's done, my grandmother's emerald and diamond broach will be sewn onto the sash (so I don't lose it ;P)
Crappy cell pic my mom tried to take since I forgot my cam:

Also, this is hanging really low because the back is basically pinned on in the pics.  She is adding 4 bones in front, 4 in back to give it more Oomf to the girls :D

And lastly, this lady is AMAZING.  She is sewing in cups and boning so I don't have to wear a strapless bra.  She is my hero.
Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: First "Fitting"

• You look gorgeous in your dress...And you have such a tiny waist!

I can't wait to do my first fitting.. I want to add buttons in the back and a French bustle.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is a pretty dress! You will have to post some update pics when you try it on next. I have my first fitting on Weds and I am hella nervous. 
  • You look beautiful!! I'm glad it went well today. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I absolutely love your dress!
    *Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Nice! Can't wait to see it after all the changes!
  • love it!
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Love the lace! Really pretty- and that sounds like quite a train! :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • that is gorgeous! did you get that dress at davids? i think i tried it on.

im sure it will turn out even more beautiful than it already is!
  • beautiful dress kendall :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • You look great!!  I love the idea of your grandma's broach!  :)  It'll look amazing on your sash! 

I had my first fitting this weekend too - it went well but was a reminder that I need to get in gear loosing some weight and toning my upper body.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • so pretty! it already is amazing so i can only imagine what it looks like with all the alterations done :)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I love your dress.  Mine is a very similar shape by with a sweetheart neckline and also lace so yay.  Your waist looks awesome, btw.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Very pretty!  Love the pop of green.  And I must say, I am a sucker for lace dresses with a corset back!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_first-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:b82571f7-9024-4fd6-849f-cdb5e05cdc48Post:42d252c2-2550-4b4e-9f19-c2755f65cfc7">Re: First "Fitting"</a>:
    [QUOTE]that is gorgeous! did you get that dress at davids? i think i tried it on. im sure it will turn out even more beautiful than it already is!
    Posted by Grits8812[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's from David's and discontinued :(
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You look fantastic in that dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards