Mississippi
Options

Affordable outdoor fall wedding in or near Meridian, MS?

Hello everyone! I am looking for an outdoor wedding venue close to Meridian that will be beautiful in the fall (colorful leaves), but not a load of money. We are getting married late November of this year and we have NO clue where to have the ceremony! We have a very small budget, so we cannot spend a big amount on the very first financial decision. It does not have to be in Meridian by any means, as long as it is within 1-2 hours of here. Would also like to have the reception at the same location.

Re: Affordable outdoor fall wedding in or near Meridian, MS?

• Options
    fuzzisfuzzis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Within 1-2 hours, gets you Landrums in Laurel and somewhere like Paul B. Johnson state park south of Hattiesburg. (I'm more familiar with the Laurel-Hattiesburg area).

Have you looked at the city or county parks in Meridian? Dunn's Falls is near Meridian, but I don't remember them having much in the way of facilities for a wedding.

To be honest, as a transplant to MS, Ive never seen much "pretty" fall color south of I-20.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to Seminary Canoe Rental in Seminary and they have quite the setting for an outdoor wedding. They have 4 beautiful, rustic cabins there that can be rented out for the event. Two of which that are on the creek. So anyone lookin' for a beautiful outdoor spot with facilities, a creek in the background, this is the place! Wonderful for Flip-Flop, Western, Elegant Country weddings. Thought I would share- My husband and I got married January 15 and I searched for places and could hardly find any outdoor venues to consider.
  • Options
    We are having ours in October hopefully in meridian . There are a lot of affordable places in Columbus , we have a bunch of old very nice Holmes that they let people have weddings and special events at . Also right outside Macon ,ms there's a beautiful place called circle m ranch check rates and availability it is beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards