July 2013 Weddings
Options

co workers..

So im friends with all my co workers, were not like OMG BFF4LYFE (sorry haha) types. but were friends. I dont have much going on right now, kinda just living, working and wedding planning (not many, if really any friends out here since i moved after college grad since FI is finishing his masters in april, yay!) So I talk about our wedding with them.. I learned this is a huge mistake.. esp since we're getting married in San Diego, living in Sacramento. They want to come and I have no problem inviting them, its just I dont feel like any would make the trip, some are quitting and a few are really starting to bother me with questions about everything! So my problem/ question is:

Do i Invite them even if im almost certain they wont make the trip (i only have about 95 invites and recently found out people over 18 get their own so its going to be a stretch)

Would I have to invite them with a plus one if one is having marital issues, ones BF ive never met (but heard he is a creep) etc..

Help 

Re: co workers..

• Options
    I don't think you need to invite them.  I would tell them it's going to be fairly small and you are having to keep the number down.  Personally, I don't like it when someone gives me an invite when they know I can't come because I perceive it as if they are just asking for a gift.
  • Options
    How many co-workers do you have? And how many people total would this mean (as in, how many with SOs? Yes, you have to invite ALL SOs, even the creepy ones).

And do you know when certain ones are planning on quitting? And are you close with those individuals?
  • Options
    total like 12.. ones I would invite like 6. 3 are quitting. It just sucks because they all talk (Its kinda like high school in there, but thats another story). The ones that would quit would be ones I would wanna invite. but since I wont be seeing/ talking to them as often (and im not inviting for another month and change) I dont know what to do.. oh and we probably are moving cities like right after the wedding and honeymoon
  • Options
    My coworkers ask me details and I'm very general with whatever I say. As of now I don't intend to invite any of them because I don't want anyone to feel left out and it's pushing my guest list if I invite them all.
  • Options
    Yeah I kinda stopped talking about it... ill change the conversation haha. I guess ill see how the list is looking after we update it some
  • Options
    At first I wasn't going to invite my co-workers, but I work with 6 people (that includes my 2 bosses) and figured another 12 total onto my wedding invite list was better than excluding the small group I work with.

I don't mean to be rude when I ask this, but is this the type of environment where you should keep in touch after you leave? (like networking purposes?) When I worked in retail in college, I probably wouldn't have invited my co-workers because I knew I would move on. But now that I'm in my professional career, I think it would be a good move to invite them. Does that make sense?

If you decide not to invite them because you're moving and don't really want to, then definitely stop talking about the wedding.
  • Options
    Im working front desk at Euro Wax Center.. So im definitely not in my professional career yet (cant decide what I want to get my masters in or if i want to teach).. I think for now Im going to stop talking and see how things go after some cowokers leave and how things go.. Really good advice Wheels!
  • Options
    Glad I could help! Hopefully you have a little time before you send invites, so you might have wiggle room there.
  • Options
    People out of college or 18 and working *AND* not living with their parents or using it as thier permanant address got thier own invites. If they are 19 and live with thier parents you don't have to send a seperate invite if that helps your count. =-)

I agree with Wheels...just start talking about how tight the guest list is/ the small size of the venue/ etc. Just bc someone wants to come or you talk to them about your wedding doesn't mean you have to invite them. I mean, think about it, you talk to everyone here about your wedding...you're not going to ivite us all are you??? ;-p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards