September 2012 Weddings
Options

Vows

Is anyone going to write their own or use non-traditional vows?
My other half and I are considering non-traditional vows, though we aren't totally adverse to writing our own. Has anyone found any ideas on websites or heard any sweet ones recently?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vows

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    We bought a book on planning our own ceremony.  We're having a completely customized secular ceremony, so we don't really have any guidelines that we have to follow.  I think we're going to keep a fairly traditional format, but make the words very personalized (and no mention of religion at all - we're both agnostic so it doesn't feel appropriate). 

We haven't started planning it out yet, but I think we're going to add the words "near or far" into our vows, as my FI is in the Marines and we'll undoubtedly be separated for periods of our marriage.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re: Vows:
    [QUOTE(and no mention of religion at all - we're both agnostic so it doesn't feel appropriate). [/QUOTE]

The exact reason we're considering our own. Our officiant knows how we feel on this subject and is set to go with whatever ceremony plans we decide on.
    I like the "Near or far" line. Very cute.
    I guess I need to take another look through the planning book I have and the one I chose not to buy... Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards