Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Cheap Invites Needed!

My fiance and I are doing our wedding on a budget and did the STDs ourselves using VistaPrint.  Does anyone have a good idea for DIY wedding invitations?  I've looked around but I thought some suggestions from real life ladies (or gents) would be great!  :)  Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cheap Invites Needed!

• Options
    we bought a diy kit, it comes with the invitations, the response cards, envelopes, etc.
    basically it comes with everything, you just print em yourself!
    the kit we got is from target, it comes with everything for 50 invitations, for $40
    we also looked at alot of diy kits at michaels craft store, that were reasonabaly priced, plus michaels always has coupons valid
    we also found some nice diy kits at hobby lobby but target were my favorite, michaels were really nice but we couldn't find the right colors.

good luck!
  • Options
    We got kits at Michaels on clearance. We paid $80 for 120 invitation suites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got ours from Vistaprint for like $100 for 75 invitations/response cards/printed envelopes. 

Keep in mind that if you print your own, you will use up a fair ammount of printer ink, and that isn't cheap, so you might want to figure a new set of ink cartridges into your calculations.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I got ours from Michaels on clearance we got four boxes of 30 $7.99 each so total around $32.00. They came with the invite and envelope and the RSVP cards and envelopes.  And we will bring them to staples or kinkos to have them printed on which is very cheap. 
  • Options
    I plan on ordering my invitations, save the dates, and all envelopes from 123print.com.  They always have coupon codes and have a huge selection of choices.  I found a 40% off coupon (if your order is over $100) and now my $140 worth of products will only be around $84.  I ordered the sample invites and they looked great, and all of their reviews are positive.

I looked into VistaPrint and pretty much all I could find were negative reviews, so I chose to go with 123print.com

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I designed my invitations in Photoshop (although others have used Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, etc) and had them printed through Vistaprint. I was able to get 100 invities, 100 reception cards, 100 RSVP postcards, plus a bunch of other items (with 7-day priority shipping) for $90. Everything was free except for upgrades in paper finish and shipping. You can get up to 10 free items per order, so I placed 2 orders each with a subtotal of $21 and grand total of $45 with 7-day shipping and tax. If I hadn't procrastinated, I would have gone with slow shipping and the total would have been more like $65-$70. I used the sample email from Jena's bio for links to free items and free design uploads.

1st order
    50 invites (free oversized postcards +$8.99 for recycled paper finish)
    100 reception cards (free postcards +$11.99 for recycled paper finish)
    250 favor tags (business cards)
    10 thank you cards (free folded note cards)
    10 thank you cards (free folded invitations)
    pen (lowers shipping for some reason)
    keychain
    address stamp
    tote bag
    mug

2nd order
    50 invites (free oversized postcards +$8.99 for recycled paper finish)
    100 reception cards (free postcards +$11.99 for recycled paper finish)
    250 photoshare cards (business cards)
    10 thank you cards (free folded note cards)
    10 thank you cards (free folded invitations)
    Just Married car door magnet
    pen
    letterhead
    notebook
    mug
  • Options
    I did mine on 123print since they have 40% off untill the 12th of january and they are cheaper then using up all your ink and way more professional :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_cheap-invites-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:a5b00c46-0aba-44f3-b966-4f3487636cefPost:a660ea80-e182-4b12-ab0d-f6e6cda67e07">Re: Cheap Invites Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got ours from Michaels on clearance we got four boxes of 30 $7.99 each so total around $32.00. They came with the invite and envelope and the RSVP cards and envelopes.  And we will bring them to staples or kinkos to have them printed on which is very cheap. 
    Posted by halie520[/QUOTE]

Do you give them the file of your invite and RSVP and they put it on your own cards?  I am wnating to go this route since someone is designin invitation suite for us.  What size is your file you give to Kinkos?
  • Options
    We're doing our invites through Vistaprint. They have so many Groupon deals that it seemed the most budget-friendly in the end. The $34 I spent on Vistaprint Groupons will pay for invites/reply cards and whatever else I might tack on.

Ladies here are pretty good about posting links on here when Groupons are available. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can anyone share the 123print coupon code for that 40%?  I have my invitations designed and would love to use them for the printing.
  • Options
    if you google '123print coupon codes' you may be able to find a 123print coupon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards