Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP cards-is this ok?

Our reception is going to include a buffet style dinner, so I was thinking of leaving the 'choice of entree' section off of the RSVP cards. However, my adorable grandfather jokingly told me that I should just say "the menu will consist of a selection of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats with condiments." I think this is so cute, and even though I know he was joking I almost want to write this on the RSVP cards. Is this as cute as I think it is? Will it go across well, or would people just think it was dumb?
Anniversary

Re: RSVP cards-is this ok?

• Options
    No offense - I would find it dumb. We had tableside ordering so no meal choices on the rsvp card. People aren't dumb - they know it will be a buffet or tableside ordering.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    It's not as cute as you think it is.  If I saw that on the RSVP card my reaction would be "What in hell....?"
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. That's why I asked. I think I find it cuter than most people because I love my grandpa so much. I won't be doing this.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I think its cute, but I'm a little more unconventional when it comes to my wedding.
  • Options
    I think it's hilarious, but I wouldn't put it on the cards.  You never know how humor will come across in print.
  • Options
    I don't think it is cute. I would leave it off.
  • Options
    Exactly, your grandpa saying it to you was cute.  It will lose the cuteness when it gets printed and mailed out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes...cute when grandpa says it. Not so cute on a card where it's really hard to read tone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards