Chit Chat
Options

I Caved!

I'm not a reg by any means, but I caved. . . I'm sorry ladies.

I had to see how off the rails the E board was getting w/o you all ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: I Caved!

• Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm here too. Boredom at work has gotten the best of me and from the sounds of it everyone is blocked from WB anyways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was blocked too. I didn't even say anything bad! I only insinuated that a PPD is worthy of a side-eye...

So maybe it WAS bad :(
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My account is still active, but perhaps because I created it a while back and not just yesterday?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I've been lurking around today, too. I can't touch WeddingBee with a 50-foot pole.
  • Options
    I was blocked, too.  Bored to death at work this afternoon, so I'm back.
  • Options
    LiLe422LiLe422 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yup me too.  Sorry regs :( 

I posted twice over there and got the banhammer.  No way in hell am I giving them any more of my "clicks." 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I wasn't even rude in any of my replies... but because I didn't agree with the posters, I got the banhammer.  Ridiculous.
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    Ugh. How is everyone's day? Distract me! I don't want to actually do work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LiLe422- Love the sig pic quote :-)

@brielleinlove- I suspect it was more that someone from TK tipped the Hive off that they were being invaded, and that on top of not validating stupidity caused the sweeping bans.

• Options
    LiLe422LiLe422 member
    cmsciulli said:

LiLe422- Love the sig pic quote :-)

@brielleinlove- I suspect it was more that someone from TK tipped the Hive off that they were being invaded, and that on top of not validating stupidity caused the sweeping bans.

Thanks!! It suits me well ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I never spent anytime on Wedding Bee.  I registered not long after I got engaged but just spent my time over here (it's easier to find things on TK).  

Well, it's a little crazy there!  Boards are full of terrible ideas and everyone is all for them.  It explains all of the poor etiquette I've seen at weddings.  hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I post on WB when TK has been quiet. I'm always direct when people are being dumb (no, you cannot have a PPD) and haven't been warned...yet.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    nswearensweare member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I also created an account, but I can only do the internet thing on my iphone from work and they don't have a real mobile site! It was awful!
  • Options
    I poked around over there but almost broke my jaw yawning.  I like you broads so much better.
  • Options
    I wasn't about to participate in that idea.  Wedding Bee sucks like a Hoover, but I won't go to any board with the specific purpose of trolling. 

Besides, God knows what I'd catch.

I made my account a while back, mostly to talk to Month Twins and talk about DIY projects.  Then I started reading some of the other boards, like Etiquette, and I agree that there are a lot of bad ideas. . . and a lot of brides agree with and like them!

• Options
    I made two posts there before getting banned. And they were good comments too. Like trying to tell a bride not to go to her ex's wedding because she said in her op that she still had feelings for him..
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    I wasn't about to participate in that idea.  Wedding Bee sucks like a Hoover, but I won't go to any board with the specific purpose of trolling. 

Pretty sure nobody was going over there with the specific intent of trolling.  It was simply a boycott of TK and a different place to go.  From what I saw and participated in, TK folks gave thoughtful feedback, no different than they would have on this site.  Frankly, I'm disappointed in WB for banning people who were giving their site add'l clicks and page views.

I know I gave good feedback on the Etiquette forum, and got banned for it.  For telling a girl that her STD=an invitation, so if she didn't receive the actual invitation it probably got lost, and she should call the bride to clear it up.

That in no way violated any TOS or was negative in any way, in fact, it was quite supportive.  But I got banned anyway.

And I had apparently been a member for awhile-I just didn't post until yesterday I don't think.

• Options
    No one was trolling at all. People were giving good advice. WB just banned people solely because they came from TK.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm doing a driveby to say 'Haaaaay!' at all you guys.  We had so much fun yesterday in our treehouse that we're hanging out there again today.

Also?  It's been hilarious to watch how ugly the other websites have gotten trying to tell each other how much better than TK they are, and are standing on chairs waiting for us to come around.  Apparently innocent angels have trailer trash mouths.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    ::waves::

Nobody was trolling. We went to a wedding website and answered wedding questions with legit answers. 

I was able to stay alive in the hive yesterday and even make their leader board on E. Several Knotties are alive and well there, but I just tried to log in today and have been blocked. Like others, nothing I said was any way inflammatory. I really hope they lost a lot of "legit" new bees for banning newbs jut b/c they are newbs and "might" be from TK. At least here we don't kick people off JUST b/c they belong to other websites. And yet....this is where the mean people allegedly are......amusing. 

And like Pele said, they are all up in arms all over the internet waiting on some non-existent "attack" we are preparing. Calling us catty bitches.....b/c making threads to call us catty bitches....isn't?  Their mods did shut threads down that were talking shit about us. 

Anyway, vacations are always fun, so back to the treehouse!  See y'all in a day or so....maybe Monday! 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I wasn't trolling, either. My two responses were honest and polite. Then I was banned, for no reason. 

• Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    I reported my banning to help at weddingbee.com.   I thought it was ridiculous and that someone other than an over-zealous mod should know what was happening. 
  • Options
    I was blocked from posting on WB too. Ugh. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't trolling..... Ok maybe a little, but I was banned for no reason. I did give honest answers. 

Oh well, needless to say I won't be on WB again. I reported my ban as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What is WB?? Sorry ladies I am being nosey...
  • Options
    ejsp21213 said:
    What is WB?? Sorry ladies I am being nosey...
    Weddingbee. Another wedding site with forums.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options

This somehow makes you better than everyone else, in your mind, huh?  No one went there with the sole intent to troll.  Someone from here tipped them off, though.  They were looking for an "attack" and preemptively started banning people.  I wonder how they could have thought that there was going to be an "attack"?  

I won't beat around the bush, this time.  I whole-heartedly believe you know something about this Retread.  Of course, with your track record for being "honest", this will be denied, and it can't be proven.  But, NOT saying anything on any of the threads in regards to going to WB until AFTER the fact, while accusing people of going to "stir up shit aka trolling" seems rather suspicious.
  • Options
    So is it like a no good site??
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    A lot of things are suspicious. And I'm seldom wrong when I'm suspicious, despite often being played for stupid. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ejsp21213 said:
    So is it like a no good site??
    WB is not known as a good site for Etiquette advice.  The focus in their culture is more on "You're the bride, do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy".  Our culture here at TK is more on "You invited people, now you are a host, you have a responsibility to your guests and treating them well."

It clashes in a lot of places.  We still squee over dresses, centerpieces, etc.  

ETA: HappyPanda, I have no idea why you are accusing Retread of being the tattler, but I can assure you that she's not.  She's been in the community for years.  Just because there's been recent disagreements with members (who aren't even you, btw), doesn't make her some kind of supervillain.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards