Flowers
Options

Baby's Breath - Thoughts?

I think I will need about 25 centerpieces and I'm not really one who is all that into flowers, but I was thinking of using baby's breath in a pomander atop a tall vase, and then some in smaller vases, maybe have some white roses in the small ones as well. Obviously I'll need tea lights or candles and mirrors... All this seems to be adding up. Has anyone done all baby's breath for their centerpieces? If so, what was the average cost? Pictures?
I'm getting married in May 2014, and I don't think that it really matters what season it is, right?

Re: Baby's Breath - Thoughts?

• Options
    I think baby's breath is fairly inexpensive. I just Googled for centerpieces, and while I'm not normally a huge fan of it, there are some neat ones to be made. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I used baby's breath in the centerpieces I made (along with white roses in the lower, and white asiatic lillies in the higher ones). It isn't expensive, but because you want to use it in pomanders, are not using it as "filler", you are going to need a LOT. Still, it would be cheaper than other flowers for 25 centerpieces.

If it were me, with the airy look of the baby's breath, I probably wouldn't even bother with the other flowers as you mentioned, I'd simply do the baby's breath pomanders on top of something then have candles.

• Options
    Hi Sue-n-Kevin - do you have pictures of your center pieces? I'd be really excited to see! Thanks!
  • Options
    I had considered baby's breath as bouquets and saw some pix on the net that looked great!
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I think baby's breath is fairly inexpensive. I just Googled for centerpieces, and while I'm not normally a huge fan of it, there are some neat ones to be made. 

I agree with you, but i've also seen it in LARGE centerpieces and when used in large quanities it actually looks gorgeous, if I were you I would stick stephanotis (fairly inexpensive btw) in there as well I think it would look pretty if it was spread out throughout the large arrangement kind of like this:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards