Second Weddings
Options

Who to walk me down the isle???

BG - this is both of ours second wedding. DF and I agreed on Vegas; my friends are down with that, my mom and his family is too.

However, my Dad and sister, not so much. Dad even laughed when I called to discuss it with him. Asked why would he go because he's not getting married. I mentioned that whole walk down the isle thing, but all he said was "you can do it here"

Now here's where I get a little petty-sister had both of her weddings out of town, and he managed to be there for both to walk her down the isle. Yet, he finds it funny that I want the same? I beyond heartbroken - I cried and cried last night....DF wants to call him up and ask what I deal is, but the damage is already done.

Do I walk down the isle myself? DFs dad has offered to do it, along with my BFF of 25+ years, her boyfriend has offered.

Re: Who to walk me down the isle???

• Options
    It's your day and I am so sorry that your dad is being so cruel.  There are many ways to walk down te aisle: you can go it alone, met your FI half way, walk in together, have your mom or other respected family member walk with you, have a good friend walk with you... That is up to you.

Your dad was being a jerk and that isn't very kind of him at all... Regardless of whether or not he likes your FI. 
  • Options
    Don't you just love family...maybe DD just thinks that Vegas is, for lack of a better term, tacky. Have you thought about a first look? IMO it's a great idea. Then you can walk together... or have your mom do it. Or your mom and his parents...

Call your dad and just ask him why he thinks that way. I know all about the stupid, insensitive things that dads say.... mine told me that he couldn't come to my first b/c my cousin was getting married a month before in Arizona (we live in Ohio) and he didn't think he could afford a tux...yep, you read correctly!!!! Don't give up on him just yet...give him a chance to explain.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply @bethhahn75, but this bride already got married and hasn't been on the boards for months :)
    It's good to look at the post dates - If a thread has been dead/ on one has posted for a few months it's a good chance the person you are talking to won't see it. If it's something you want to talk about or opinions on feel free to start a new thread to start the conversation going and welcome :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards