Chit Chat
Options

Cayenne Pepper Cleanse! Anyone try this?

Sounds to good to be true, so guessing it is!

20lbs in 10 days, but i'm intersted started to do insanity, but....

Re: Cayenne Pepper Cleanse! Anyone try this?

• Options
    That's a dangerous amount of weight to lose in such a short time.

• Options
    Losing 20 pounds in 10 days is dangerous, as are most cleanses. Lose weight by eating well and getting regular exercise. In the long run, you'll be much, MUCH better off establishing healthy routines for life, rather than trying something potentially dangerous to lose weight fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I had a cousin who did it, she said by the 3rd day you're miserable and you can't put two thoughts together.   I would definitely not recommend it.
  • Options
    I know someone who did the Master Cleanse and he went to the hospital on day 7. 

• Options
    No no no.
  • Options
    Wow, that is some dumb ass shit.

No, I haven't done that, because I'm not an idiot.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    It you want to cleanse your body, exercise and drink lots of water. And take it easy on your liver and kidneys. I know people who do periodic "cleanses" but drink like college students every weekend. Save yourself some time and money and learn to embrace moderation.

Anniversary

• Options
    FI did a fruit cleanse-- nothing but fruit and fruit juice for 7 days. He made it to Day 4 before he was in so much pain that he had to stop. And that was fruit. I can't imagine what cayenne pepper would do to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MissMollyMissMolly member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I've never heard of this one, but it sounds rather excessive and dangerous. I have done a couple cleanses/detoxes though, when I was much younger and quite unhealthy. Both of them made the world of difference! However, both were also done under the guidance of a naturopathic doctor.

ETA: I didn't do the cleanses to lose weight, as I was 100lbs at the time. I did them because my body was chock full of things that were causing me to not be able to function at the physical level of a healthy teenager.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could do it, be miserable, and put it all back on again because you haven't taught yourself how to maintain your weight loss. OR you could start counting your calories and exercising more and have results that will last because you have educated yourself on healthy choices, gotten used to healthy eating, and have generally changed your life for the better. Up to you, but I decided to do it the second way and I have no regrets.

There are heaps of websites that offer calorie counters, go and find one that you like and works for you. Be honest about what you're eating. Start yourself on a healthy lifestyle path.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That kinda of weight loss, unless you are seriously obese and under a doctor's supervision is very dangerous. Eat clean, do cardio and lift heavy and aim to lose about 2lbs a week. Also, getting thinner does not always equal weight loss.
  • Options
    Cayenne pepper just sounds... painful... going in and coming out...
  • Options
    tarratall said:
    @CourtaniaLynn you put such delightful thoughts in my head.
    Dude I'm just being honest lol
  • Options
    BjlongBjlong member
    First Comment
    Thanks ladies I have started Insanity agin loved the results I got last year and going to push even harder now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards