Chit Chat
Options

My happily every after

shilotony2012shilotony2012 member
Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2013 in Chit Chat

finally came true! I married the one I should have always been with on July 19, it only took 25 years!!

It was a great, albeit excrutiatingly hot day!! There of course were some bumps, that started with hair and makeup. We had DHs daughter get her hair done first because hers was long and thick. Well, we should have had her go last, it took almost 2 hours, which of course put us so behind when it was my daughters turn for hair, we didnt have enough time and she wasnt able to get the hair style she wanted. She was crying in the car, it broke my heart :(. Then, while we were at the salon DH called and said he wasnt able to get the rental car because he has an out of state license. WHAT!! So after stressing for about a minute I told him nevermind we will just drive away in the minivan, lol.

Then, my sons pants were too short, thank goodness, not too bad but we did get a refund when we returned the tux. When we finally got back to the hotel we were running on time! Photog was already there taking pics of the WP and groom. I went to get dressed and he started taking pics of us. Headed to the chapel and waited in the bridal room.

About time for the ceremony to start and my sister came in and said no one was out there! I asked what she meant and she asked how many said theyw ere coming. i said maybe 60 to the ceremony, 80 to reception. She said there were maybe 20 out there. I asked if my co workers were there and she said no. I knew they were coming, they drove 5 hours to come, so I called them. They said traffic was bad so they were maybe 5 minutes out. I asked the coordinator of the chapel(didnt know they had one so glad I didnt pay $700 for one!) if she could hold off for a bit. She said she could wait for 10 minutes. I said that was fine. 4:40 comes around and they still hadnt arrived. I texted them and said we were starting so hurry up! The BP started walking down and my son comes in and tells me my co workers were outside. The coordinator let them in after the BM and before me. BTW DJ screwed up the processional music for the girls. It was a very fast version of Canon in D, which I specifically told him I didnt want. He said later that he had a wedding the next night with almost the exact same playlist so he must have confused them!! Ugh.

So, ceremony was great! DH cried as soon as he saw me. I tried really hard NOT to cry. We did it and everyone LOVED the recessional, Pitbull and Christina Aguilara's Feel this Moment! Everyone got a good giggle out of it!

Then it was time for pics, and this part is still crushing to me. It was so hot, 95 with a heat index of 105 and humid, so we didnt do any outdoor pics. The only time we were outside was for the bubble thing after the receiving line. Just being out there for less than 5 minutes was too much. Even in the chapel taking pics we were fighting the sweat. The a/c just couldnt keep up. We did lots of inside chapel pics, but no real fun ones. It was sad too because of our color scheme, we could have done so much!! It was a rainbow theme that completely came together!!!

On to the reception. Since we didnt do outside pics, we all made it back for cocktail hour. It was good. LOVED the apps. Not so much dinner. The DJ sucked. He didnt really listen when my sister or I asked him to do things, like the bouquet and garter toss since people were leaving. I told him the kind of music we like, and he didnt play that. I asked him to play a certain song for the first dance song and he didnt play that. My sister said it was all good because the brown side of the family ( we are puerto rican and joke all the time about the brown side) drank, and the white side was able to dance. I did have to go to the bathroom and was worried up until the day of because i had my period, but since my dress was strapless and just a zip up back with covered buttons, I took the thing off!!! My sister came with me, pulled it off, and placed it over the stall door(wish I would have got a pic of that), and when I was done, she helped me back in. It was good too becasue the a/c at the hall couldnt keep up with the oppressive heat either and i was sweating up a storm! I needed the cooling off.

So, other than the pics and some othr shots I missed because I forgot about them, it was a wonderful day!! The flowers were great, decorations awesome, and the fun was great! I was a tad disappointed that the hotel didnt do a thing, even some flowers or something, in our room, but it was ok.

Since I am still upset about the outdoor pics, DH and I will be doing another session at the end of August in my dress and either a tux or suit for DH. I wish we could get the whole WP together, but they are scattered 6 hours apart!

Lets see if I can get some pics to post! None pro of course!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
 78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
 73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
 0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
RSVP June 19

Re: My happily every after

• Options
    Congratulations!
    I work for enterprise, and out of state licenses do require a credit card, or if you find a reasonable manager, a flight/amtrak itinerary to show you returning to your home state.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    shilotony2012shilotony2012 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    Ajuliana said:
    Congratulations! I work for enterprise, and out of state licenses do require a credit card, or if you find a reasonable manager, a flight/amtrak itinerary to show you returning to your home state.

He had a credit card. We drove up there and only needed the car for the day to take us from the chapel to the reception, kinda like a get away car, ya know. Anyway, when we made the reservation they should have mentioned it!

And thanks! BTW, my daughters name is Juliana!!!! Love that name!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSVP June 19

• Options
    Yay! How weird! I'm sorry they weren't following rules and messed up your plans. Sounds like you're wedding was a success and now you're a wife!!

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    You looked beautiful! I love your colour scheme :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!

• Options
    Congrats!  I love your colors!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats! I love your colors!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks all!! I was so excited that the color scheme came together!! It was so unique, well with my friends and the venues anyway, that it was all anyone talked about for most of the night, and still they say they have never seen anything like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSVP June 19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards