Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Fun

My fiance says I took the "fun" out of the wedding by not allowing a dollar dance (Well, he can have one if he wants, I'm not participating) and now letting him take a garter off my leg.

I did allow the chicken dance.

And I do have a comedian in for a 20 min tidbit around the meal. He has a bit about couples and loving relationships that i wanted to share with people. I'm big into comedy.

I thought the wedding would be fun all by itself, but I have been to dreadfully boring weddings.

What makes them fun for you? Are you doing anything extra at your wedding? Photobooths? Entertainment? Muppets?
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Wedding Fun

• Options
    We had a photobooth and ribbon wands (which were meants for the get away photos), but they worked out for dancing pics.
  • Options
    What makes a wedding fun in MY eyes is booze, good food and good company. Oh and dancing..I like dancing.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What makes a wedding fun in MY eyes is booze, good food and good company. Oh and dancing..I like dancing.
    YUP!
  • Options
    I agree with @smalfrie19! I wasn't going to have anything "fun" planned either. Wait..I lied - FI is going to have a cigar table - but that is more for him and his buddies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a photo booth, late night food and a band for 4 hours. There was a period of time when I REALLY wanted to rent a cotton candy machine but I eventually gave it up.
  • Options
    My "fun" thing is we are going to have a mashed potato bar! :D Because we are doing turkey dinner for the menu!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I want a cotton candy machine! Oh wait! I have one!

True story.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Great music, best friends, and some flowing booze. We had no line dances or anything and the dance floor was full until almost 1 a.m., including my parents and grandmotehr. The band just KILLED IT. It was the first thing we booked and worth every penny.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Good food! Good dancing! Photoboths are fun. Any sort of a "bar" is fun (I really like food...)

We can't afford "fun". Though really, it's a wedding, not a carnival. I think sometimes people get carried away making their wedding a spectacle. No one here; everything here sounds like reasonable fun. I'd be down for a mashed potato bar! But I've watched a lot of wedding shows where the B&G have acrobats, etc for entertainment. 

We do have a candy bar. Candy is fun, right? We are also having our guests take pictures (with our second photographer) with a sign that they write a message on for our guest book. 
  • Options
    We're having great food, an open bar, a highly recommended DJ and a photobooth.

If that isn't enough "fun" for our guests - then I don't know what to say. 
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing Square Dancing! My father is a square dance caller so he is going to do fun dances to get people put and dancing. (there will also be a DJ-who is my brother) but no booze can't afford it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If an open bar, complete with prickly pear margaritas, and our bluegrass band doesn't make everyone happy we need to find new friends.
  • Options
    A mariachi band and late-night nacho bar. 

The key will be keeping my FI off the floating trampoline and the floating mountain. Though, that could be really funny. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Great music which makes for lots of dancing!!! Our DJ was fabulous. Most people didn't even want to stop dancing when the food came out. 

We also got wishing lanterns that everyone lit up on the beach. Everyone loved them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not really doing anything extra for our wedding in terms of entertainment, but since it's taking place at a winery there will be a winery tour and tasting going on while we get our photos done after the ceremony. Still very low-key but it's something that you don't normally do at a wedding. Hope our guests enjoy it. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    We are having a S'mores Bar with flavored home made marshmallows!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    The make or break for a wedding is the company. If I'm seated with good friends I like to talk to, or new friendly people, I have a good time. If I'm with boring people I am bored. I would enjoy the comedian. The other thing that is boring to me is downtime. I went to a wedding where we had to wait a lot because the caterers messed up big time. They showed up 30 minutes late, and thought the wedding was for 100 people, not 250. They sent half their crew to get more food, things we delayed, only had one buffet line, so it took 90 minutes to get through dinner. Then when dancing finally started, both had to dance with dad/mom and stepdad/stepmom and the groom danced with his grandma. Each song was at least 4 minutes long, so that was 6 dances before we got to get on the dance floor. Way too much downtime.
  • Options
    Music!  Great music is a must.  I went to one wedding where the FOB picked all the wedding music. It was dreadfully boring until my friend and I got sloshed and just didn't care anymore.  Another wedding that was boring as hell was one where they had the dollar dance but it should have been called dollar dances since it went on for like 7 songs!

Music is number one but coming in an extremely close second is booze.  I am someone who needs a glass of wine to help loosen me up and have fun.  Oh I can still have an okay time without booze, but if you want me to get down with my bad self on the dance floor you need to liquor me up!

We didn't do anything extra for our wedding.  We just made sure we had the two I mentioned above plus plenty of great food and everyone had a grand time.  At least it looked that way from the pictures.

• Options

good food, good dj & fun guests.

• Options
    We're having great food, an open bar, a highly recommended DJ and a photobooth.

If that isn't enough "fun" for our guests - then I don't know what to say. 
    This is exactly what we did. It was awesome and people loved it. We also had a cocktail hour with really yummy passed apps.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Good food, good music, good company, and booze are all musts for me personally. We are getting married on the beach so we also have beach vball, croquet, lawn bowling, and a s'mores station for around the evening bonfire. Oh! And late night gourmet sliders! (Can you tell I'm super excited?!)
  • Options
    I'm not really doing anything extra for our wedding in terms of entertainment, but since it's taking place at a winery there will be a winery tour and tasting going on while we get our photos done after the ceremony. Still very low-key but it's something that you don't normally do at a wedding. Hope our guests enjoy it. 
    My friend had her wedding at a brewery and they paid for us to have a special brew tour in advance and tasting and it was perfect and very memorable!
    imageimageimage

• Options
    To those that are having a s'mores bar - you are awesome. I'm envious.
    imageimageimage

• Options

Photo booth!! Live music! Open bar!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We didn't have any special entertainment, but our venue was beautiful and gave our guests the opportunity to go pet the goats and mini horses (I even took pictures with them). We had an open bar, phenomenal food (and a gourmet coffee bar after dinner - which our caterer included for free), and great guests.

We also did something a bit different with the music - each RSVP card let guests pick a song they wanted to hear at the reception. When their song played, I would go find them to dance with them and/or DH would find them to talk (depending on the guests and how much we knew they liked to dance or not dance). It was a great way to get to spend some time with each of our guests!
  • Options
    allispain said:
    We didn't have any special entertainment, but our venue was beautiful and gave our guests the opportunity to go pet the goats and mini horses (I even took pictures with them). We had an open bar, phenomenal food (and a gourmet coffee bar after dinner - which our caterer included for free), and great guests.

We also did something a bit different with the music - each RSVP card let guests pick a song they wanted to hear at the reception. When their song played, I would go find them to dance with them and/or DH would find them to talk (depending on the guests and how much we knew they liked to dance or not dance). It was a great way to get to spend some time with each of our guests!
    I WANT GOATS!! ...they're super cute. seriously. jealous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nebullamanebullama member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    I've been looking for a good boomerang fish thrower, but they're exceptionally hard to find.

imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And I couldn't get Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone as they were already booked. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Perfect Trifecta of flowing alcohol, awesome music, and fun guests make weddings good for me. 

FI & I live in a lake house, and we're in love with the lake it sits on. Fortunately, our venue sits on a river, so we are planning to release water lanterns with our guests at the reception :) 

• Options
    allispain said:

I WANT GOATS!! ...they're super cute. seriously. jealous. 
    You have no idea how excited I was about the goats - that's one of the reasons we booked that particular venue :-) And it was so much fun taking pictures with them - luring them over with my bouquet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards