Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Just sitting here, waiting for my hair to grow out..

I got my first pixie cut this past February and I really liked it. Then got engaged in May and now I have long hair ideas for the wedding day.  So, yeah, just been watching my pretty pixie morph into my long hair again.  Anyone else doing a major change to their hair for their wedding day 'do?
-anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just sitting here, waiting for my hair to grow out..

• Options
    I wouldn't say I'm doing a MAJOR change, but I'm definitely just letting it grow until my wedding. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with my hair yet so I don't want to cut it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @karlipregler - Yep I guess we're sitting in the same boat.  It was funny I was trying on dresses over the weekend and the shop owner said to me how much she loved the dresses I was trying on and how well it would fit with my cute 20's style pixie cut and I thought - dammit she's right. I don't know what to do sometimes with my hair!
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did something similar. I definitely want to grow mine out. I cut it short not quite a year ago. I didn't think it was a big deal because it's always grown super short in the past but now it seems to be going soooo slow. 

I've heard good things about working Monistat into your scalp. There's youtube tutorials on it. Haven't tried it but am about tempted to. 

Also can't decide whether I want to get highlights or not. Right now it's its natural dark brunette. 
  • Options
    Start taking pre-natal vitamins. It makes your hair and nails grow really fast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @KatWAG I've been taking pre-natal vitamins because I heard that same thing...but it doesn't seem like it works for me!! I think everyone is different. Maybe I just don't notice them growing faster, who knows!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's long but I'm trying to grow it longer so I can cut the ends and they won't be thin.  I'm taking Biotin (which is the major ingredient in all the "hair skin & nails" vitamins).  It seems to be helping with growth and definitely helping it be nice and soft.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to get clip in hair extensions. You can get them in stores or online and you can re-use them too! They run about $200
  • Options
    I am doing the same thinggg!! My hair is taking forever to grow though, I think it might be too damaged :( It's medium length (sort of on the shorter side of medium) right now and it's so thin so I have no idea what I am going to do with it either! And I can't wear it up because my ears stick out too much haha..and since my hair is so thin extensions are so visible through my hair it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I grew mine out - we had a fairly long engagement, though, so I had plenty of time. I still ended up needing extensions since I have really thin hair. Mine were like $30, though. 
  • Options
    my hair will not grow no matter what I do...tried every kind of vitamin, fish oil, etc. I think its way too damaged so I guess extensions it is!
  • Options
    Mine would not grow until I got a job that didn't stress me out as much. A friend of mine took prenatal vitamins.
  • Options
    Ditto the prenatals.  I've been taking them to strengthen and grow my nails.  They work fairly quickly.
  • Options
    I got my first pixie cut this past February and I really liked it. Then got engaged in May and now I have long hair ideas for the wedding day.  So, yeah, just been watching my pretty pixie morph into my long hair again.  Anyone else doing a major change to their hair for their wedding day 'do?
    I have been taking the vitamin Hairfinity. I just posted about it because my hair has grown SO MUCH in the last two months!!! I highly recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards