Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW Your Furbaby

Re: AW Your Furbaby

• Options
    This is Penny. She just turned one. She has long back legs and an incredibly long tail and runs and jumps like a cheetah. I tried to add a photo of Lucy, the almost 11 year old tortie, but TK is being stupid, so you only get a pic of the insolent teenager.

• Options
    A little late to the party.  Brutus is the 8 month old English Mastiff and Maus is the 2 and half year old Weimaraner.  I love them both so much.
  • Options
    @motolyn - Those are some innocent looking dogs there, who planted the incriminating evidence at their feet in the first picture?  :)
  • Options
    This is my Pasha! He's a 2 and half year old Chihuahua mix (we're not sure with what but we think Corgi and maybe Daschund, but people tell us he looks like a mini husky). We got him from  a rescue organization back in June and can't imagine our life without him now. :)
  • Options
    Apparently The Knot doesn't like me to post pictures with my posts. 
  • Options
    psychbabe314psychbabe314 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    I have my dog, Cookie! She is a 12 year old Shih-Tzu. This was from Halloween last year. The Chocolate Lab next to her is her cousin, Amber. Amber is a 4 year old lab. She comes and stays with me whenever my parents go out of town. It is so cute the way that they play, Amber is so careful with Cookie! Cookie was always in charge though ;-)

Ya... I don't think Cookie realizes she is a dog. She thinks she is peoples :-P

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/103528880@N03/9976747834/][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3681/9976747834_a682bf4c7b_m.jpg[/img][/url]
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/103528880@N03/9976747834/]3-10-13 344[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/103528880@N03/]am_webb14[/url], on Flickr

.... can't get the code to work :-(
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is Annie.  She'll be 2 in December.  She's the best cat ever.  I just adore her.
  • Options
    minskat30, That is hilarious that hes a boob man! And yes, theres nothing like a little kitty inching in and settling on your notebook to start a study break!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Cali, she's about five.  She was a stray when we found her.
    Maggie.  She's 8 and my little suck.
  • Options
    psychbabe314psychbabe314 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Edited: Fixed below
  • Options
    image   image

YAY!!! Cookie is the black and white Shih-Tzu in the center, Amber is the chocolate lab (my parent's dog), and Jack is the corgi at the end (He was my sister's. Unfortunately, he is no longer with our family)

BTW, funny story about Cookie from today. I got home and found toilet paper all over the living room after work. She managed to get the roll undone from the bathroom... she has not done that since she was a puppy! I never expected her to do it as a 12 year old! It was cute though, her sitting proudly in the midst of torn toilet paper, wagging her tail and covered in the stuff. I should have taken a picture!
  • Options
    @doeydo We have a feral cat named Cali (Cali the California Calico). She's a very scared feral, so my only pictures are from far away, but I've been feeding her for four yeas. (And yes, she's spayed--no need to increase the feral population.)
  • Options
    leia1979 Our Cali was very scared at first and wouldn't come out from under my bed except to eat and go to the bathroom.  But slowly, she came to trust us and now loves to play and cuddle with us.  You would never know she was a stray.
  • Options
    Here is my baby, Kaya. The last two are photos of her as a puppy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hummingbird125, I have always wanted a shiba inu! Is she sweet? people keep trying to dissuade me from getting one because they say they are too independent. how is it having one?
  • Options
    Everybody has such cute pets!

Here's my two fur-babies:

This is Pumkin- She's 12 years-old and a total weirdo. One minute she'll be a bitch and want nothing to do with you, the next she will be purring so loudly and rubbing against you for attention. She also has random fits where she will see shadows and go insane trying to attack them, as well as attack her own tail.

This is Tali- She's 8 years-old and acts like such a kitten still. She's the sweetest thing and loves being around people and getting attention. But she is also a complete scaredy-cat and freaks out very easily. And she loves being vocal. She'll whine when she wants attention, or when she wants food, or when she'd dirtied the litter box.

• Options
    imageThis is our 5 year old English Bulldog, Watson, named from Sherlock Holmes.

And this is our 11 1/2 year old princess, Reagan Sue.

Anniversary

• Options
    @hummingbird125, I have always wanted a shiba inu! Is she sweet? people keep trying to dissuade me from getting one because they say they are too independent. how is it having one?
    I actually like her independence. When she wants to play, she'll pick up a toy and stand politely nearby, she won't jump on you and drop it in your lap! She's very affectionate for a shiba, in that she'll climb on our laps and snuggle with us when she wants to, but she's definitely not a lap dog. The biggest issue with shibas is that they require a LOT of socialization with both humans and people. We've put a lot of work into this, and so she loves all other people and dogs, but if you don't do the work they can be aggressive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I could post pictures of my fur babies all day!! The dog is Xena, my lab-pit mix...she's three years old and absolutely the light of my life. The cat is Isis, her younger "sister"...shes a year and a half and has the most personality I've ever seen in an animal! These two are my heart and joy <3 

imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's BF's cat, Chipper, who has happily warmed up to me in the last few weeks. My apartment doesn't allow any animals. :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This is my Ellie-baby in her Christmas cape because I am an evil cat owner. She gave me a pretty good scare last night - she fell when she was trying to jump to the bookcase and banged her leg really hard on the TV stand next to it. Took a couple clumps of fur off it, but she didn't bleed and nothing seems broken. BF and I will be watching her like a hawk for the next several days, though.
  • Options
    I love all of your furchildren!

This is mine, Smooshie.  He loves unicorns, true story!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    These are my babies - first one is Jasper (the younger, short fur) giving Gaby a full-on bath while she is all cuddled up, and the second is the aftermath of them sleeping side by side (which never happens).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @PrettyGirlLost - OMG I love you cat! He is adorable.

I don't have any furbabies (my apartment doesn't allow pets) but when BF and I get married we are planning on getting a puppy. I look through the puppies up for adoption at various rescues all the time. Honestly I'm more BSC about getting a dog than getting married lol

• Options

I don't have any furbabies (my apartment doesn't allow pets) but when BF and I get married we are planning on getting a puppy. I look through the puppies up for adoption at various rescues all the time. Honestly I'm more BSC about getting a dog than getting married lol
    H wants a dog sooooo badly. But we have to get a house first and never thought it would take this long. I may have also already picked out my future cats' massive cat condo and think about where it would go when we look at houses.
  • Options
    @leia1979, what condo would you get your kitties?
  • Options

I think this is what we should tell BSC girls. Go get a dog instead. Haha. Love it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    leia1979 said:

H wants a dog sooooo badly. But we have to get a house first and never thought it would take this long. I may have also already picked out my future cats' massive cat condo and think about where it would go when we look at houses.
    I'm hoping I'll have enough flexibility with my job that we will be able to get a dog while we are still in an apartment, I don't think we'll be able to afford to rent a house.

• Options

This is so true for me. All of these photos of everyone's ADORABLE fur children are not helping. No money + no time = no snuggle buddies for Amapola for a while. :(

When I can get a dog, I want it to be a HUGE one, like a mastiff or a St. Bernard. BF doesn't love the drool, though, so we may go a little smaller. We'll see what we come up with. :)
  • Options
    @amapola14 - If you go with a big beast, but not as big as a Mastiff, I highly recommend Newfies (though you still have the drool issue there) or Bernese Mountain Dogs.  The latter doesn't drool that much and they are highly trainable.  I would recommend a Great Pyrenees (like H and I have) but they are stubborn as all get out, very independent and training them is like training a giant cat.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards