October 2014 Weddings
Options

Seating Cards

Hello -

I am writing to get some ideas for seating cards. My fiance and I are bringing in elements of Old New York to our wedding and decided on having the vintage subway token be our seating cards instead of something standard. The seating card will be circular with "New York City Transit Authority" written as well as the guests name and table number.

The only challenge we are having is thinking of how to display them while tying in the feel of Old New York. Does anyone have an idea of how to prop them up or hang them? I would rather prop them up rather than having to make a whole in the top to hang them. We want to keep a true vintagey feel.

Thanks for the responses!

Re: Seating Cards

• Options
    Such a cute idea! We're doing cards in a vintage card catalog from a library.  What if you laid them in layers (not directly on top of each other to make a stack, but just the top of each of the previous coins is shown) in a small suitcase? When I think of New York, I think of travel and people moving for a fresh start.... and that song from Annie the Musical.  You could also make a display out of trays or cake stands and place the coins on the plates? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    Thank you for the ideas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards