Snarky Brides
Options

BRIDES magazine drives me nuts

... with their etiquette column.

I "like" them on Facebook and their etiquette column pops up in my news feed. Something's always off with them, like the other day the question was about the cost of being a bridesmaid.  I had to comment that the only cost of being a bridesmaid is showing up dressed and sober.  Today, it was about what to wear. Included was no big hats that can block the view of the ceremony.  Well, yeah, I see that, but in England hats and fascinators are huge (literally and figuratively). Was every woman at the Royal Wedding violating etiquette by wearing hats?  Doubtful!!  
For that matter, I guess being tall is an etiquette violation because pretty much every kind of event I go to, someone 6 feet tall just has to be right in front of me, blocking my view. Clutch pearls. 

I need to "unlike" BRIDES.  Rant over. 

Re: BRIDES magazine drives me nuts

• Options
    ... with their etiquette column.

I "like" them on Facebook and their etiquette column pops up in my news feed. Something's always off with them, like the other day the question was about the cost of being a bridesmaid.  I had to comment that the only cost of being a bridesmaid is showing up dressed and sober.  Today, it was about what to wear. Included was no big hats that can block the view of the ceremony.  Well, yeah, I see that, but in England hats and fascinators are huge (literally and figuratively). Was every woman at the Royal Wedding violating etiquette by wearing hats?  Doubtful!!  
    For that matter, I guess being tall is an etiquette violation because pretty much every kind of event I go to, someone 6 feet tall just has to be right in front of me, blocking my view. Clutch pearls. 

I need to "unlike" BRIDES.  Rant over. 
    I see what you're saying... kind of. 

Being tall is something you can't control. Putting on a large hat that may block the view of the people behind you is something you CAN control.

If you can prevent blocking someone else's view, you should. If you can't, there's nothing you can do. That's what I see as the difference here. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would wear a big hat to a wedding if I wanted to, but I would never sit right in front of someone if I had a big hat on.  I would sit towards the back, or sit wherever I wanted to and remove my hat during the ceremony. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards