Maine
Options

Flowers

How much did everyone spend on flowers? I ask becaue I am looking into some flowers and I want to see if I am going to spend too much or if I am actually getting a deal because honestly I can't tell.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers

• Options
    Total cost is a little over $400 .... but my mother in law is splitting the cost with me ... YAY! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm looking at approximately $2,000. I'm sure it all depends on the size and location though.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Bouquets - centerpieces - or both?

I did artificial for bouquets and spent around $150 for mine and 5 BMs.  Most people were shocked that they weren't real.

For the centerpieces - it was $80 for 12 jumbo hydrangea blossoms.  One stem per table was all I needed because they were huge!

Flowers had zero importance to me, so I refused to spend an obscene amount of money on something that would die.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am hoping to spend $1200 or so.  I just met with a GREAT florist in Portland who says he can meet my budget, centerpices, bouquet, and all (granted, I don't have a maid of honor or bridesmaids). 
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I can't remember how much, but was very happy with the flowers and prices from Alda Stich. She goes into great detail with you and her flowers are very fresh.  I also had her add some herbs to some of the pieces that I wanted larger without adding more $ to the price. They came out beautiful. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I am going with atrifical flowers and we have been pretty good at saving as much money as possible and I am just having a hard time justifying for spending $290 for flowers (1 bridal, 3 bridesmaids, 4 coursages, and 11 bouts). Has anyone made thier own bouquets? Did they come out good? Am I just being picky and I need to jump at this awesome price while I have it?
    Bahh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    $290 for all of that?  That actually sounds like an amazing price.  By the time I bought everything to make my bouquets, I paid close to that, and that didn't include the bouts.  I bought baseball rose bouts for the guys, so that was in addition to the $150 I spent on artificial.  When I factor in how much time it took me to make them, I was beginning to wish I had paid someone to do it for me!

I thought my bouquets came out great, but I also went a very simple route with only using 3 hydrangea stems for each bridesmaid bouquet, and the MOH bouquet had a dahlia in it too (all fake).  Mine was a bit more of a mix, and it was tough to get things exactly where I wanted them. 

My bouquet:

Bout with my bouquet:

Braidsmaids Bouquets

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are spending around 700$. That is for Bridal Bouquet and 7 bridesmaid bouquets. Groomsmen boutineer with 5 groomsmen - 6 parents corsages/boutineer and 2 grandparent corsages. We are not using flowers for decorations - there are many cute cheaper options :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards