Chit Chat
Options

Weird to have 2 ring bearers?

As to not let anyone feel left out, I've decided to have my FBIL's son being a ring bearer, in addition to our son being one. I came up with this idea because I didn't want him to feel left out since his sister will be my flower girl.

My FI seems to think this is "all holy hell a bad idea".

I bacially want opinions. What do you think?

Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers?

• Options
    Not at all! We are going to have 2 RB and 1 FG. The RB will be 2 of my bestfriends/bridesmaid's sons. We are making our own RB pillows so we will just make two! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-2-ring-bearers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e6420a2f-2d21-4325-b03e-cfd1b51a0ad3Post:ff52ca4c-2e0c-4360-aa40-0e872694ea8e">Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers? : Thanks for your input ladies! I was thinking one pillow would have my wedding band, and the other pillow would have my FI's wedding band. That sounds ok, right? Because I was thinking that each boy would have a pillow and would stand behind the opposite person of who the ring on the pillow belongs to. So then when it came to the ring exchange part, each of us would reach behind us and untie the rings from the pillows.
    Posted by misslizz[/QUOTE]

Actually in almost every wedding I've seen (and I'm a church organist, so I've seen more than people typically attend) the RB's don't carry the real rings at all.  They are safely in the hands of the MOH and/or BM.  The RB's carry "symbolic" faux rings on little pillows.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I am also having 2 RB and 2 FG. The ringbearers are my nephew and future step-son. The FGs are my nieces. I am also certain that there might be some hesitation to actually walk down the aisle but I know it might happen and I don't care. I'm not going to stress about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm going to have 2, since my brother didn't want to choose between his 2 sons. I'm thinking each one will get a ring to walk down with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-2-ring-bearers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e6420a2f-2d21-4325-b03e-cfd1b51a0ad3Post:61c88fa5-e999-4905-92e9-20c1500cbb08">Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to have 2, since my brother didn't want to choose between his 2 sons. I'm thinking each one will get a ring to walk down with.
    Posted by shasta.hun@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Actually, the RBs rarely carry the real rings.  Those are safely in the hands of the MOH and/or BM.  The RBs carry faux rings in/on whatever they're carrying in.

That way if they balk and refuse to go down the aisle, or drop the pillow, or any other RB "issue" you still have your rings for the ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I've seen a wedding wear there were two ring bearers, and they eached walk doe the aisle holding one side of the pillow.  So, one pillow, two ring bearers.   
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-2-ring-bearers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e6420a2f-2d21-4325-b03e-cfd1b51a0ad3Post:c3065b56-bba9-45fe-a91b-fc48805931a4">Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird to have 2 ring bearers? : Actually, the RBs rarely carry the real rings.  Those are safely in the hands of the MOH and/or BM.  The RBs carry faux rings in/on whatever they're carrying in. That way if they balk and refuse to go down the aisle, or drop the pillow, or any other RB "issue" you still have your rings for the ceremony.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified that they would each have a fake ring. I don't think I would trust a 5 year old to keep those babies safe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We are having 2 RB and no FG's. My FI didn't like the idea of pillows. I think he thinks it's to "girly" or something. So we have decided to put the rings on a single ribbon and have each boy hold one end of the ribbon so the rings are hanging in between. I'm sure we will use fake rings but I don't think that there will be a problem getting them down the aisle because they are his children.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards