North Carolina
Options

CALLING All! The new, the old, and the stalkers!!

Ok, who is still here?  I know a bunch of oldies (of course goodies) still read on here, but prolly don't post anymore.  Also, we have a bunch of new people!!  Here is my attempt at a poll! :-)

What is your name?
Which city do you live in?
Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) )
And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-)

Re: CALLING All! The new, the old, and the stalkers!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should answer my own question huh!!!

What is your name? Cat (meow)
    Which city do you live in? Charlotte
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Let's see, I am doing black BM dresses, then the chair sashes and napkins are a deep plum.  We are kinda having a outdoorish theme.  Manzanita branchs, birds, etc.  And I am getting married NEXT Saturday and I can't believe it!! I figured if everything isn't done as long as I have the dress on and make it to the church, I will be good. :-)
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) PSAH!  Do I like games!? ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have posted a little here and on the October 2010 board but I am still pretty new...plus my work schedule doesn't allow me to chat too much..but TK can be addictive when it is not malfunctioning!

What is your name? Addie
    Which city do you live in? Charlotte (actually Pineville)
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) We are having a Catholic wedding (minus the mass..it makes it too long), and then my goal is to have a mega-fun kick butt reception.  Our colors are orange and sage with splashes of black.  The BM dresses will be black and we haven't decided on the attire for the boys yet. And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? I love to play games...apples to apples, any card or board games, you name it!
    Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Jessica
    City: Davidson (north Charlotte)
    Wedding: Was outdoors, Oct. 3rd, at Sertoma 4-H Center... rustic, fall, orange, ivory, brown...

games? oh yes, I love games!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What is your name? Kelly
    Which city do you live in? Raleigh
    Wedding? June 20th, Outdoor ceremony/tent receoption at Highgrove, morning wedding w/ brunch reception, Hot pink and orange
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? Generally no, I'm not a game person. I get too competitive.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Corinne
    Which city do you live in? Chapel Hill
    Wedding? Next October! So excited. My main color is a dark eggplant, with fall colors like sunset/rust orange etc. to compliment. It's on a horse farm, so we're doing this sort of rustic/vintage thing. :)
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? I love games. My favorite is probably Monopoly, getting a good group together during the winter with Monopoly, hot chocolate, and a roaring fire... that's like my favorite thing ever. I am such a dork.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Courtney
    Wedding? October 4th, Outdoor garden ceremony and reception in ballroom at Delightful Inspirations, deep plum with splashes of fall colors
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? Sure do :)  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Mary
    Which city do you live in? Raleigh-ish
    Wedding? October 9th, 2010.  We love the fall, so that kind of theme.  I'm not one to settle on 'colors' or whatnot ahead of time, it'll all come together as it's happening.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? Some yes.  I'm not really competetive at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? AshleyWhich city do you live in? Raleigh
    Wedding? May 8th, 2010. Going for "southern preppy"....Outdoor ceremony & reception at The Pavilion at Angus Barn (in Raleigh). Navy blue cocktail dresses for BMs, khaki suits & navy/fuschia striped ties for the guys, hot pink/fuschia bouquets.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? Yes! My favorite is Catch Phrase!  
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What is your name? Allie/Allison
    Which city do you live in? Winston Salem
    Wedding? We were married 10-17-09; our colors were Burgundy and Silver--BM wore Burgundy dresses. Ceremony was at my chuch with a dinner reception at the Hawthorne Inn.

Games?  I love to play games, but I never get a chance to play them.

TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Lauren
    Tell us about your wedding!  Wedding is on March 6, 2010 and my colors are pink, green and black and will be at The Matthews House.  Honeymoon is going to be in St. Lucia and I cannot wait!
    do you like to play games?  Games, hmmm, depends.  I am a fan of dirty word scrabble when its a good group and adult beverages are involved.  I'm digging the Wii right now too ( I got it last year for Christmas, but I am just now getting around to playing with it!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name?  Allyson
    Which city do you live in?  Raleigh
    Tell us about your wedding! Lets see...It is in 11 days in Raleigh. Our theme is snowflakes, with our colors being various shades of blue, silver, and ivory. I know this is awful, but I am so ready for it to come and go...I'm so tired of planning!
    Not so much...unless it is the Sims (I can't play too often because I get a little obsessed).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Tiffani
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) 2.27.10 / black, white & shades of pink/ bird themed wedding
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) FI and I play video games together.
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name?  Kristen
    Which city do you live in?  Durham
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) )  married in June in downtown Raleigh - traditional church wedding, hotel reception :)  colors were navy blue and white and it was the awesomest day so far of my life :)
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-)  major board game fanatic
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Meredith 
    City: My family's from Raleigh, but I'm currently living between Durham'Chapel Hill for grad school
    Wedding: May 22, 2010 (ie 5 MONTHS... eeeek) My colors are light pink and silver, will be a formal wedding and reception will be held at The State Club on NCSU's Centennial Campus.
    Games?: Yeah, I like playing games.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Dawn
    Which city do you live in? Garner/Raleigh area
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Date is either October 30th or November 6th, 2010 (yes, we still have not pinned it down yet! :( ); main colors will be deep red and dark brown with golden yellow and orange accents (fall themed); ceremony will be in a garden of a Queen Anne historic house in Oak Ridge, NC; reception TBA
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) yes!  i like the dirty minds game with some adult beverages to lighten up the mood
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm an oldie that still reads. I don't know why I don't post anymore...? No reason other than being busy really. I still enjoy seeing where everyone is in their planning and always love being directed to the blogged photos post-wedding!!
    What is your name? KristyWhich city do you live in? New Haven, CT but did live in Charlotte while engaged and was married in Winston-Salem where we both sort of grew upTell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Our wedding was March 21, 2009, the colors were peach and gray, and were going for a romantic, classic and elegant feelAnd a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) Umm... not really? I dunno. I like to sit with a warm drink and friends and listen and talk. And usually chocolate chip cookies are somewhere nearby. 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Amanda
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) May 15, 2010
    Barefoot ocean beach cermony with a kick @ss beach reception!!! lots of bright colors and nothing but fun fun fun!!!
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) YES
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Tam
    Which city do you live in? Greensboro
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) June 26, 2010, the reception and ceremony will be held at a historic home near downtown Greensboro, colors are navy blue, fuchsia, and pewter, vineyard inspired theme 
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) YES
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Beth
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) It will be 10/23/10 at Magnolia Manor - outdoor ceremony (weather permitting) and indoor reception.  I know we will have fall colors but not set yet -- thinking a darker blue for bm dresses and orange/burgandy accents and flowers.  Approx. 150 guests.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? Love board games -- we do "game nights" as often as possible with friends!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Jessie
    Which city do you live in? Calabash/Sunset Beach area, from Charlotte
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) July 24, 2010! Outdoors on Lake Wylie at a bed & breakfast inn. BM dresses are short carolina blue color, haven't decided on the guys yet. 150 guests, party time.  Going for a southern style theme.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? Love board games... played Scrabble a few days ago. Love that game, but it wears my brain out. Apples to apples, monopoly, clue...etc. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Katherine
    Which city do you live in? My hometown is Gastonia (where my parents live), I live in Lillington near Campbell for School, and I'll be moving to Elizabeth City after the wedding
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) May 1, 2010 - Traditional Church ceremony with a beautiful outdoor reception at a botanical garden. Lots of Carolina blue, white, green, silver and black. Lots of friends, family drinking, and dancing. Very traditional with lots of southern charm
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? I love board games, especially Apples to Apples, Guesstures, Cranium, and many more
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Rebekah
    Which city do you live in? We live in Fuquay NC, just moved out here about 6 months ago and we absolutely love it!
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Our wedding will be 2/20/10 at "The Rand-Bryan House". Both Ceremony and Reception will take place there. We're guessing we'll have around 100 guests. We've invited 130, but 95% of them are OOT. Colors are silver and purple (Girls dresses are Lapis). We're doing a light reception with finger food and pie, as well as cake!    
    We'll also be having a small cook out at our house later that evening to be able to spend more time with family that we don't get to see that often. I think it'll be a ton of fun and cant wait! We're two months out! :)
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games???LOVE THEM! . . dorky, but we actually registered for a couple of board games. . . it may be bad etiquette, but we love them and it'll be something we use. It was our 'fun gift'.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Christina
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) We are gettting married in the church that I grew up in and having the reception at a local country club.  Our colors are tiffany blue and red.  We are hoping for a fun-filled evening with our closest friends and family!  I am definitely a budget bride.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) Yes, both my fiance and I love to play games!
    August 2010's LAST Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of Us
    imageBIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jodipi314Jodipi314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? JoAnna
    Which city do you live in? Durham.  Bought a house w/ my darlin 1.5 years ago and couldn't love it more
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) We are getting married 10/23/10, ceremony and reception at Chapel Hill Country club.  Fall colors, maybe dark drey BM dresses with fun colored shoes and jewerly, so excited!
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) I heart games:-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? goheels05 :)
    Which city do you live in?  the Unifour area
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) )  got married in my home church, had the reception at a local country club.  colors were chocolate, burnt orange, and a bit of cranberry.  we got married in the morning and had a delicious brunch reception with about 100 people.
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-)  sure, why not!  I <3 my Wii.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Tiffany

Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) )Married 11/21/09 at my home church in Davidson, NC.  Reception at a local country club.  Fall themed with BMs wearing crimson red, accents in gold and bittersweet orange.  Formal evening candlelit wedding, dinner/dance reception. 

And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-)  Yes!  But like someone else mentioned I sometimes get a little competitive :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Rachael

Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Getting married on July 21st, 2012 (long engagement but I want to finish school first & that will be a busy summer so that's why we went ahead and chose a tentative date :) Mainly just looking for ideas now... it's fun :) & I love reading about other people's weddings!  )

And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) Yes-- Wii games, tennis, volleyball, board games!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Heather
    Tell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) We are getting married on Marshes Light in Manteo. We are working with a company called Beach Ball Events and everything is included: photography, florist, dj, food, wedding planner, etc. I am really excited about it. We meet with all the vendors in January!
    I love to play cards: spades, rummy, and Spite and Mallice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? Misty (FI: Jason)
    Which city do you live in? Lenoir
    Tell us about your wedding: Casual & simple, colors are carolina blue. lavender with pink accents, on the smaller side
    And a selfish question, do you like to play games? YES!
  • Options
    TasharrieTasharrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? TasharrieWhich city do you live in? CharlotteTell us about your wedding! (you know, the usual, colors, blah blah, I cant' think of ?'s to write :-) ) Date is September 5, 2010!! Our colors are all white with a hint of rose here and there ;) Our ceremony/reception will take place at a country club. And a selfish question, do you like to play games??? :-) yes! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards