New Jersey
Options

Officially on spring break and LOTS of Qs....

So I'm on spring break the rest of this week and all of next week.  I have been SEVERLY lagging on anything wedding, but plan to do TONS of it before I have to go back to school/work.  Prepare to see me being a post whore and please be patient with me ridiculous questions (they are ridiculous because most of them are things I should know since I've been on this MB for almost 2 years now *face palm*).

Now that I got all of that out, my first question is about the rehearsal dinner.  My FI's mother is planning and paying (thank you momma helen).  She asked me to write a list so she had a general number.  I wrote down everyone involved in the wedding, but didn't write down my priest.  Apparently the priest is not there for the rehearsal, the people the run through it with us is our sponsor couple from our FOCCUS meetings.  Do we invite them since they will be rehearsing with us, or can I kinda skip over that since we don't really know them and they don't know any of us?  I don't want to be rude, I just don't know....
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Officially on spring break and LOTS of Qs....

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need to invite them...especially since you don't know them that well. I am still trying to figure out our RD because we are paying for it and there will be over 30 people....plus our wedding and honeymoon
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would personally invite them, to be polite. If you don't know them well then maybe they will decline.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would invite them out of courtesy.  usually, they wont attend.  we invited out officiants to our wedding.. .and of course they declined... it is just a courtesy. 

if they do accept... it's only 2 more people.
  • Options
    Kris10_NJKris10_NJ member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have said no if you didn't know them before, but given they were your sponsor couple I think I would out of courtesy as well.  They prob won't come anyway... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, that's what I thought -- I will break the news to Momma Helen. :)  Thanks ladies!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would invite them but I'm just usually one to over compansate so I don't offend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing to add but yay spring break- so jealous. I think everyone should get a spring break...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no elp but just wanted t wish you a nice break! As of tomorrow at 12:45 I will be on mine too! Maybe I'll see you around! :)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would vote to invite them as well. And actually - if I were them, I might attend. I'm not sure what a "sponsor couple" even is - but if they are the sponsor couple, even though you don't know them all that well, they are a (semi?) important part of your wedding? And if that is true, then they would be included.

So - invite. They may come, they may not. I'm not sure what your future mother in law is planning for your rehearsal dinner, but if it is catered/at a home, the two additional people will not really matter in the grand scheme of things.  If it is a sit down dinner, they might like to just be "a part of your wedding" and be thrilled that you included them.

Happy break!
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards