Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Best/Worst Quality

Re: Best/Worst Quality

• Options

I'm also a huge procrastinator.  I don't do things until I absolutely have to if its not something I want to do.  And TK definitely does not help with that.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Georgia, I think you're right. I come from a family of huggers. Not weird hugging like that creepy SNL skit, but huggers nonetheless.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:e3c78ae0-a201-4082-9177-6b7ee75f4705">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also a huge procrastinator.  I don't do things until I absolutely have to if its not something I want to do.  And TK definitely does not help with that.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Me too and not to mention I find my job so boring & not challenging that I procrastinate everythinggggggggggggg
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Best:  I'm a great problem solver/detective.  And I'm hilarious.

Worst:  I'm really hard on myself. I expect too much of both myself and other people, really.  I'm also very impatient.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:b82809dc-7a89-4810-8026-6e257cf2bc7b">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]Georgia, I think you're right. I come from a family of huggers. Not weird hugging like that creepy SNL skit, but huggers nonetheless.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

All the huggers I know come from a family of huggers. Same with the non-huggers. BUT, now my parents are trying to become huggers. Hello, it's too late!! PERSONAL SPACE!!
  • Options
    Best: I'm patient, and I rarely get mad at people.
    Worst: I'm LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. Especially when I've been drinking, oh lord.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:b82809dc-7a89-4810-8026-6e257cf2bc7b">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]Georgia, I think you're right. I come from a family of huggers. Not weird hugging like that creepy SNL skit, but huggers nonetheless.

Me too, I hug everybody.  I'm like "Nice to meet you- let's hug it out!"
  • Options
    I've been known to judge and gossip.  I have a love/hate relationship with gossiping though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:ba1d9a37-f473-4795-ac5a-cbc8482fb6a8">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, I'm totally a hugger...I hugged the CEO of a utility company we use all the time the other night at a work banquet...he was probably thrown off a little bit. But he sent me a friendly e-mail monday so I guess I didn't scare him too badly
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

I'm a hugger too!! It does throw people off sometime but maybe it will open them up a little bit! And you never know when someone is REALLYneeding a hug. 
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Good: extremely kind - sometimes to a fault, smart, funny, loyal, get along with different types of people, empathetic, take criticism well, good listener 

Bad:  can't handle stress (I know none of you will believe that ;), not good at being kind to myself (I believe everything negative someone says about me, and think someone's lying if they give me a compliment) not good at adapting (new cities / job etc.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:edc24b59-8a8f-4e6b-bb55-57d4577dd09b">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been known to judge and gossip.  I have a love/hate relationship with gossiping though. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of STC2.  "I dont gossip..." "that's why you have no girlfriends.." LOL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:ffd0849a-986f-4f45-8653-7a2d313a36f6">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I'm lazy too. I'm trying to change this about myself, but it's hereditary, I think. I'm also not a hugger. It makes me UNCOMFORTABLE. UNCOMFORTABLE. UNCOMFORTABLE. the whole time. I mean, I hug my H, but that's about it. I wasn't raised to be a hugger. I think it's all in how you're raised.  
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

I only hug my H too. I can't stand hugging other people, especially strangers. Some of H's friends are major huggers and they grab you and refuse to let go, even knowing touching makes me uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Best: I can make friends very easily

Worst: If something doesn't come easily to me, I procrastinate doing it.
  • Options
    Good: I'm a pretty laid back and relaxed person, it takes a lot to get me genuinely upset.

Bad: Mine would have to be pretension as well. I definitely look down on 98% of my peers and can come off rather snotty at times.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I don't think I like this guy:
    ETA: I definitely didn't mean to post that hugeass response over here. Thanks TK for making me looks like an a-hole!
  • Options
    I'm extremely opinionated/pig headed about certain subjects.  So much so that I will not join conversations because I know how I am and my inability to see the other side of issue.  Usually this is only dealing with the subject of dogs & such. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Best- I can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. I can get along with most ppl as long as they are not major assholes.

I too am a hugger. I come from a family of huggers. FI's family isn't. He however is starting too. I think I even hugged mery at our local GTG, I'm not sure if she found it uncomfortable. Embarassed

Worst- I am a huge "What If" person. Everything is what if this happen or that happens. However it doesn't stop me from doing things in life.
  • Options
    Best - I'm extremely loyal and willing to help people out if they're good friends.

Worst - I'm very bad at keeping a clean house (I've been doing good in the apt so far!) and I'm bossy.  My best friend in elementary school's mom noticed it then and it's still true now.  I think, in part, it comes from being an only child.  I like doing things my way and I will usually just do things myself to make sure they get done instead of trusting others to do them correctly.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Oh and I love to hug :)  My mom's family was fairly stoic and non-emotion-sharing so she tried to be the opposite with me so I'm very free with saying "I love you" and hugging and all that nonsense.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options

Worst: I'm a biitch.

Best:  But, I've got a big heart.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Best: Always happy and suuuper laid back

Worst: Same as Birdie.  I worry a LOT. 
  • Options

Best: I'm personable. I can start up a conversation with a rock.

Worst: I'm loud. My voice carries, I get excited, aggitated, whatever, and I'm loud. I know it probably drives my coworkers nuts since we're all in cubicles and I try hard to remember to use my inside voice (like I have one of those?), but sometimes I just get carried away.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:edc24b59-8a8f-4e6b-bb55-57d4577dd09b">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been known to judge and gossip.  I have a love/hate relationship with gossiping though. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

<div>I have a feeling we would be a dangerous combo if we hung out.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:94293e11-5548-4a37-aeeb-beb163b19127">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will vouch for Andy making friends. She made friends with the scariest Vikings I've ever seen. AND SHES A HUGGER!! SCORE!

I am kind of a hugger.  I even hug vikings from nd.  weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bestworst-quality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33aee5b1-dbcb-4f80-bd9e-46b1628b1f53Post:319f78c6-6386-4d79-bc53-c9f8c8d67b96">Re: Best/Worst Quality</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birdie. I LIKE YOU. STOP WORRYING.

You sound just like LVB! :-P
  • Options
    Best: loyal, honest, creative, organized

Worst: impatient, maybe a little bossy, and anxious.

The organization thing can be a down-side too, just because while I don't have to have things planned to every detail--I'm very flexible and laid back about things, but I like to plan things to an extent. Like if we are going on a trip, I want to know what time we are leaving and where we are staying ASAP. Like if I could book our flights and hotel for my friend's 2012 California wedding NOW, I would. A few weeks ago I told H  he is the worst dishstacker ever. I usually cook and he does the dishes and he just randomly washes things and puts them in the rack. And I'm like no, this has no order. Flat things first then round things like pots and bowls.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Not going to lie, it still kind of weirds me out to hug FFIL. I come from a family of non-huggers and haven't had a "father" figure around since I was 12. It's kind of weird to me to be hugging an older man.

The non-hugger thing was an issue when bro married SIL. She thought my mom didn't like her because my mom didn't hug her. *drama*
  • Options
    best: i'm very loving and forgiving, i have a temper but it usually burns off quickly and i know how to say i'm sorry

worst:  i'm really, really lazy - and a huge procrastinator
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Best: I'm smart and not afraid to stand up for what I believe in.
    Worst: I can be really shy when I first meet someone, and I think it makes me come across as really snobby when I'm really not at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards