Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

H is putting me on a diet (WFL)

H doesn't have to be at work until 3 today so he made my lunch for me this morning.  I distinctly asked for TWO slices of fresh mozarella with my chicken and tomato for lunch.  I open it and there's only one in there.  Not cool, H.  Now I'm trying to ration that one slice to go with my half a chicken breast and tomato.

What's everyone else having for lunch?
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: H is putting me on a diet (WFL)

• Options
    Jersey Mike's! It's Thursday! :)  Specifically roast beef sub.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Turkey sandwich and a fruit cup. Which is what I've had every day for the last two weeks. It's getting old.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    i haven't even eaten breakfast.  i'm still in bed. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    A really salty BBQ sandwich...but it was free so I'm not upset.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Peanut butter sandwich and baby carrots. FI thought the sandwich bread I bought this weekend would go to waste so I'm eating this to prove him wrong. Being right is a powerful motivator for me.

• Options
    Ham and cheese sandwiches and grapes. There will probably be an afternoon snack from Starbucks at some point later on.
  • Options
    Anna- Just peanut butter?

• Options
    A meal replacement bar...still have 10 lbs to go (really 5, but i am a stress eater so I want a buffer).
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Yeah Fezz, just PB. I don't do J.
  • Options
    A pizza Lunchable because I haven't been to the grocery in a while.
  • Options
    Ah I see. Do you do bananas, honey or fluff with your PB?  Because just PB sounds like it would be stickin' to my mouf.

• Options
    Jimmy John's Turkey Tom
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH is bring me Wendy's.   It's a treat because DH had to drop someone off at the airport and Wendy's is on the way.  We  are not in that part of town very often (funny enough it's only like 6 miles away, yet it seems sooo far)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh, there will definitely be an afternoon snack.  I have breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and then some kind of dessert.

I'm thinking of taking my sparkpeople good tracker info to a nutritionist soon, though, because even though I'm eating the right amount of calories, I'm still starving in the afternoon before it's dinner time.  And I feel like I'm making good food choices, I'm staying within the carb/protein/fat guidelines too.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_h-putting-diet-wfl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32c87aa0-cd43-4960-811f-511722c29f96Post:60e9b4f7-6c4a-470a-9f16-7be879735578">Re: H is putting me on a diet (WFL)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah I see. Do you do bananas, honey or fluff with your PB?  Because just PB sounds like it would be stickin' to my mouf.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

No,nothing else. I think crunchy peanut butter and wheat bread make it less sticky. But I neglected to mention a Diet Coke is also a very important part of my lunch. I don't think I could eat this without a drink.
  • Options
    Leftover cheesy potato soup and baby carrots. Yum!
  • Options
    LTB - that sucks, I'm sorry :(  I've had moments like that.

Fezz - I don't think I could do just PB either.  I love PBJ and PB&honey.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    Mmm. You're making me hungry, Anna.  Crunchy PB=love.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_h-putting-diet-wfl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32c87aa0-cd43-4960-811f-511722c29f96Post:5d79b542-bafa-4c51-aaa8-fb341aa9a430">Re: H is putting me on a diet (WFL)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, there will definitely be an afternoon snack.  I have breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and then some kind of dessert. I'm thinking of taking my sparkpeople good tracker info to a nutritionist soon, though, because even though I'm eating the right amount of calories, I'm still starving in the afternoon before it's dinner time.  And I feel like I'm making good food choices, I'm staying within the carb/protein/fat guidelines too.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]
    I was using sparkpeople for a while and I felt the same way too. I was eating what they said was teh right amount of calories, but I'd be hungry at bedtime and ravenous by the time I got up in the morning.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I had some ranch with salad, now I'm heating up a hotpocket because apparently ranch isn't very filling.
  • Options
    Probably a PB & honey sandwich... or soup. haven't decided yet
  • Options
    And, I mean, it sounds like a normal amount of calories, it says I'm supposed to eat 1500 - 1850.  And I'm always closer to 1850.  Sometimes I go over by a little, usually less than 100.  That was for losing 5 lbs in, like, a month.  I don't think I'm losing anything yet, though.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    I am having a turkey and cheese sandwich, a yogurt and some pretzels.  Though my teammate bought me a very filling latte this morning.  So we will see how far I get.

However, the coffee helped my attitude more than anything :)
  • Options
    I opened this because I thought your H was really putting you on a diet.  And then I thought "YES LUNCH DRAMAZ"  but then I was disappointed.
  • Options
    I know Andy, I had to get people in here somehow :)  How hilarious would that be, though, if my H thought he had any chance of putting me on a diet?
    ttc chart
  • Options
    I am having a salad with romaine, mozzarella cheese, sunflower seeds, and Chinese crispy noodles. This is my favorite salad but it sounds pretty unappealing now. I also have a few chips that I will eat too quickly and some carrots that I will probably ignore. And of course some diet coke.

I also do not do J. I love me some PB sammiches though.
  • Options
    Mmm lunch.  I need to figure out what to have.  I forgot to pack my lunch last night and didn't have time this morning, so it's off to the grocery to find something.
  • Options

I had Chick-Fil-A. I would punch someone for a Frappe right now. I'm off caffeine, which is usually fine, but sometimes I just want some sugary frozen coffee. Now being one of those times.  

• Options
    I put mine on one before.  The closest thing he ever did for me was to note the correlation of girl scout cookies and my pants not fitting.
  • Options
    Mmm chick-fil-a.  Dammit I need to hurry up and leave.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards