Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Celebrity baby names

Not trying to stir up drama, but they're talking about it on the View right now.

Alicia Silvestone just had twins and named them Moroccan and Monroe.  Seriously, Moroccan?  
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Celebrity baby names

• Options
    I thought that was Mariah Carey?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    You mean Mariah Carey?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    It was Mariah.  Alicia named her son Bear Blu. 

Dear Lord Jesus, help us all!
  • Options
    Then either they said it wrong, or I heard it wrong (which is very possible).  

Bear Blu?  WTF?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh goodness, Bear?  Really?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Bear Blu just makes me think of my dog.  Kid names are supposed to make you think of people, not animals.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    "Bear" is my husband's nickname for our cat, because he's 18 pounds.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My first born son will be named Theodore, and we've already picked out the nickname Teddy Bear for when he's a baby. And the nursery will be teddy bears.

perhaps this should be a confession? 

But Bear as a real, legal first name? Not so much.
  • Options
    Why do celebrities do this? I don't get it...  Bear Blu? Moroccan? What happened to good ol John and David...names that make sense.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whoops, just rewound and yeah I heard it wrong.  I'm a celebrity gossip failure!

I guess Moroccan was her favorite room in the house, and that's where he proposed.  They said why didn't she name him Bathroom then.  

And Jermain Jackson's son is Jermajesty.

Sweden has a law now that first name's aren't approved if they can cause offense or discomfort.  Metallica,  Superman, and Ikea are out.  But they approved Google and Lego as names.  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Those poor kids.
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_celebrity-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cd71116-acfd-4748-8708-2c1e727ffc28Post:3efed52f-44fe-46e4-b63b-c39916e15c28">Re: Celebrity baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoops, just rewound and yeah I heard it wrong.  I'm a celebrity gossip failure! I guess Moroccan was her favorite room in the house, and that's where he proposed.  They said why didn't she name him Bathroom then.   And Jermain Jackson's son is Jermajesty. <strong>Sweden has a law now that first name's aren't approved if they can cause offense or discomfort.  Metallica,  Superman, and Ikea are out.  But they approved Google and Lego as names. </strong> 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I think in Iceland at least part of your name has to be traditional and Icelandic.  So you could have some crazy first name, as long as your middle name was normal.

That might just be for people becoming citizens, I'm not sure though.
  • Options
    I don't get why celebrities always come up with the dumbest names for their kids.  Although I still doubt they'll get teased in school.  Like "eww...your name is Moraccan?"  "Yeah, but my mom is Mariah Carey, bitch!  Who's YOUR mom?"  LOL. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_celebrity-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cd71116-acfd-4748-8708-2c1e727ffc28Post:acb38301-490e-4c0c-a852-a1bf220e2f69">Re: Celebrity baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jason Lee has my favorite baby name of all time Pilot Inspektor.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

This is my FI's favorite baby name as well.  I fear for our future potential children.
  • Options
    Nothing can top Jermajesty!

Though Moxie Crimefighter is pretty awesome too.
  • Options
    I just wrote a blog post on this this morning. Celebrities need to slow their role. Notice it's always parents that have totally normal first names and never had to be subjected to being called "Jermajesty" or "Apple" their entire lives.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_celebrity-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cd71116-acfd-4748-8708-2c1e727ffc28Post:ef36fe92-f264-4150-99ce-31a0e5e28470">Re: Celebrity baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why celebrities always come up with the dumbest names for their kids.  Although I still doubt they'll get teased in school.  Like "eww...your name is Moraccan?"  "Yeah, but my mom is Mariah Carey, bitch!  Who's YOUR mom?"  LOL. 
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I bet a lot of these kids go to school with other celebrity kids, so...

I think they just want the kids' names to be unique, and go way the fuuck too far in their efforts.
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    Mrs. Moneypenny - I just tried to quote you but it brought me to some "Hill Country Weddings" website (wtf is that?)

Who's baby is Moxie Crimefighter? I know I've heard it, I just can't think where....
  • Options
    Apple grew on me. So has Suri.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_celebrity-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cd71116-acfd-4748-8708-2c1e727ffc28Post:d4a21ad2-f728-40fb-9754-6237fed7c025">Re: Celebrity baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple grew on me. So has Suri.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Same here. I can never name my child Apple though, or any other type of fruit or flower. Having a potential descriptor as a last name has it's drawbacks. :)
  • Options
    I really like Kyd (David Duchovny and Tea Leoni's child). They'd never have to really remember their name, just "kid"...
    I read today that Alicia Silverstone named her baby Bear Blu after an animal shelter that she works with/supports. 
  • Options
    NIcolas Cage did Kal-El.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    also Frank Zappa named his kids Moon Unit and Diva Thin Muffin...I don't get those AT ALL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_celebrity-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cd71116-acfd-4748-8708-2c1e727ffc28Post:d4a21ad2-f728-40fb-9754-6237fed7c025">Re: Celebrity baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apple grew on me. So has Suri.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

<div>Suri never bothered me.  I went to school with lots of Indian kids, and I think of the names as being perfectly normal.  Manisha, Neha, Suri, Sundeep, etc.  I couldn't figure out what the big deal was.</div><div>
    </div><div>Suri, my childhood friend, said it sucked to hear people make fun of the name.  Some jackass even asked her if her parents named her after Tom Cruise's kid.  She gave him a WTF-is-wong-with-you look, then reminded him of the age difference.</div>
  • Options
    hahahaha!  i love them all!  it's so entertaining and prevents me from copying those bad names for my kids.  I feel like all the good random words have been used up...  :(  no wait!  I can still use Holepuncher Xtremus!  Yes!
  • Options
    This reminded me of the Friends episode where Phoebe changes her name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock and Mike changes his to Crap Bag. Awesome.  Love that show.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I were talking about this last night! 

My biggest pet peeve with kids names isn't the crazy names but the dumbass spelling of "regular" names. I currently have five different "Taylor"s with five different spellings. 
    Uurrggghhh. 
    Or when the spell it right but pronounce is wrong and the kids correct my pronunciation of their name like I am an idiot.

Diana is said like the princesses name, if you name is Deanna than f-ing spell if Deanna.

With both the FI and I being teachers we are gonna have a tough time naming our kiddos.
  • Options
    I kind of like Moxie Crimefighter lol... but Jermajesty?  Really?
  • Options
    Moxie Crimefighter is Penn of Penn& Teller's daughter.  What the f is up with Crimefighter??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards