Snarky Brides
Options

Tuesday, here we go!

Good morning all!

I'm off for a day of meetings. Finished up the second round of save the dates last night, can't wait to send them out today! (was waiting for addresses from FILs, not a b-list)

Made slow cooker baked potato soup for dinner last night, it was super yummy! I added carrots to make it a little healthier, which added another dimension and a lot more flavor! Something about potatoes with cheese, bacon and cream that makes me feel a little guilty! I'm thinking today will be a leftovers day.

Told my mom last night that I won't be using my nieces for flower girls for the wedding, which caused the drama from my one niece that I was expecting and is the reason I'm not having kids in my bridal party. Sigh....

Have a great day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tuesday, here we go!

• Options
    Morning! I was out yesterday due to an interview in the AM and class in the PM. The interview went well, but it was incredibly stressful because I want the job so bad. Hoping to hear by the end of the week. Today will just be spent playing catch up from being out doay. Le sigh. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Baked Potato Soup sounds yummo! I always use half & half instead of cream so I can feel a little healthier :) Sorry to hear about your family drama. Maybe after a while they will realize you aren't having any kids in the ceremony, so it's not like you are choosing to just exclude them.

Last night I took my first spin class. I was a little worried, but I survived and liked it a lot. Got my taxes all finished--whoohoo!--so looking forward to being about to set that money aside to pay for the honeymoon. We are having awful icy weather here today...I am so ready for summer!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning, That sounds delicious!

Pickle I hope you get the job!

I went to the gym for the first time in over a year.... it showed..
    oh well I am going now and that is all that matters.

I think my shoes will be here when I get off work!
    I am super excited about that too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    The preschool I take the girl I watch is going on a field trip to a toy store today.
    I think the teacher is nuts.  I can not see this ending well.  The teacher is all excited because she thinks it will be super fun.  Call me crazy, but taking 20+ toddlers to a toy store for two hours to "learn about toy safety" doesn't sound fun, it sounds like a walking temper tantrum.

There's a cupcake place and a park nearby though, so I have an escape plan.

We have a Tuesday night routine now, which I love.  I get home from work and pretty much immediately have to leave with the dog for dog training, then get home and we have pizza and watch New Girl and the Mindy Project.

Also, kind of random, but how did you guys choose your doctor?  My pediatrician finally cut the cord last year, and I've finally run out of the last batch of prescriptions he wrote for me.  I tried another doctor, but he wanted to "try something new" with some of the prescriptions and it ended up wasting a bunch of time and money.  Do you just open a phone book and try until you find someone that works, or is there a better way?
  • Options
    Angel, the slow cooker potato soup sounds awesome! Recipe?

Pickle, good luck on the job! What field do you work in? 

Rel and Apple, good for you guys and your workouts! I should really start some sort of exercise routine. Attempting to eating healthy just isn't giving me the same results anymore. 

H and I collectively made up a crock pot dish yesterday. He was off from work and I decided around 11 a.m. that a crock pot dinner would be a good idea for the night. I haven't done too much crock pot cooking, but I made up a chicken chili recipe on the fly. I sent some instructions to H, and he added a few more spices to his liking. When I got home, I added even more seasoning and for the last hour of cooking, I turned it to high and added quinoa to soak up the extra liquid. A few bites into the chili, I decided it needed some more salt and topped it with feta cheese. After that it was a home run! I was proud of us :)

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-here-we-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25a2e42f-3f78-46a8-8730-969c15933d7cPost:39c9d71e-2292-4455-95a9-7583d7e70943">Re: Tuesday, here we go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, kind of random, but how did you guys choose your doctor?  My pediatrician finally cut the cord last year, and I've finally run out of the last batch of prescriptions he wrote for me.  I tried another doctor, but he wanted to "try something new" with some of the prescriptions and it ended up wasting a bunch of time and money.  Do you just open a phone book and try until you find someone that works, or is there a better way?
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

<div>My insurance changed last year and I could no longer go to my primary care doctor I've had since I was 7. I considered going to the doctor who H has been seeing since he was young, but his mom recommended a woman doctor (instead of the male doctor H uses) who works in the same office who she really likes. So I decided to see her instead and I have liked her. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'd ask friends or family members who live in your area for recommendations of primary care doctors that they've been using for a long time, who they've been happy with. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    apple -- my shoes are arriving today, too! I'm sure you posted them already, but remind me what they look like?

dtbluv -- I was just talking to someone about how ridiculous it is to find a doctor -- you can do so much research on cars and computers and everything under the sun, but finding a doctor? Yeah, basically chose randomly from a list. This is no help to you... hopefully someone else has a better idea. :(

Buzz -- I'm in non-profit fundraising. I work at a university now, and am looking to get a job at the same place, just a different team.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

They are purple flats.
    which I looked all over the mall for I didn't think it would be hard to find but it was!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options

Hello everyone! All these crock pot dishes sound amazing. I am going to try my hand at fried chicken today. Im excited, but a little nervous.
    I have a ton of paperwork I need to get through at work today. Enter all the info into our system and then file everything correctly. I dont mind too much because it helps the day go by faster. The weather is awful here. I left for work at like 840am (after waking up at 820am, again) and it was pretty perfect out. Not too cold, sun was shining & there was no rain. It was kind of windy, but thats it. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, it starts raining and snowing at the same time. There is already slush on the streets. The drive home is going to be no fun. Anyway, plans for when I get home are to clean, cook & watch a little TV. Im so sad Parenthood is over for the season :[ I miss it already.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about the drama, angel. Hopefully it passes quickly.

Good luck with the job, pickle!

My rant of the day:

We (the drama teachers) are giving up EVERY DAY after school and are here at 8am on Sunday's for rehearsal. We've put our entire lives on hold for these productions, and kids aren't showing up for rehearsals. I've had two come to me today and say that they won't be there - and one of them is because he's getting his hair cut. Seriously?!?! We're performing in a week and a half, and you don't know your lines or blocking, but you're going to skip today for a quick trim???

Maybe I should skip Sunday morning and have brunch with my family, since I've given that up to do this instead ...

ARGH!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jenny....what age are your students?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-here-we-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:25a2e42f-3f78-46a8-8730-969c15933d7cPost:d5beee31-6a25-4c53-8abb-f0b90cf3f937">Re: Tuesday, here we go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, the slow cooker potato soup sounds awesome! Recipe? :)
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I adapted this recipe <a href="http://cbsop.com/recipes/thick-and-creamy-potato-bacon-soup/" rel="nofollow">http://cbsop.com/recipes/thick-and-creamy-potato-bacon-soup/</a>

I put the potatoes, onions, garlic and a carrot (diced) in the slow cooker covered with chicken broth and cooked on high for 6 hours. Blended with a immersion blender and added the cream to desired thickness. Then I topped it with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. It even makes good leftovers! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-here-we-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25a2e42f-3f78-46a8-8730-969c15933d7cPost:1c56810d-d095-4490-8965-26752adb0634">Re: Tuesday, here we go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday, here we go! : I adapted this recipe <a href="http://cbsop.com/recipes/thick-and-creamy-potato-bacon-soup/" rel="nofollow">http://cbsop.com/recipes/thick-and-creamy-potato-bacon-soup/</a> I put the potatoes, onions, garlic and a carrot (diced) in the slow cooker covered with chicken broth and cooked on high for 6 hours. Blended with a immersion blender and added the cream to desired thickness. Then I topped it with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. It even makes good leftovers! :-)
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

<div>mmm... thanks!</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-here-we-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25a2e42f-3f78-46a8-8730-969c15933d7cPost:4ec05887-8274-4f34-b6dd-a86ec954cdf6">Re: Tuesday, here we go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenny....what age are your students?
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

<div>I teach grade 8s, but the drama groups are comprised of grades 8-12 students.</div><div>
    </div><div>We had 6/17 show up today and are considering cancelling one performance. Tomorrow's practice will not be fun.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-here-we-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:25a2e42f-3f78-46a8-8730-969c15933d7cPost:a0c69e18-6a0d-4ac0-9625-56642727a0cb">Re: Tuesday, here we go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday, here we go! : I teach grade 8s, but the drama groups are comprised of grades 8-12 students. We had 6/17 show up today and are considering cancelling one performance. Tomorrow's practice will not be fun.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Ohh. Kids those age can be very difficult to work with on things like this. I really hope it works out for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards