Snarky Brides
Options

Ehhh? Conflicted

I'll just leave this here......

http://www.weddingbee.com/2012/12/28/diyprincessbridesmaidsdresses/more270264

Don't know how I feel about this bride. Hats off to her for offbeatness. I love offbeat weddings when done well. However the other part of me feels this is a train wreck I can't look away from and feel terrible for her maids.

Thoughts?

Re: Ehhh? Conflicted

• Options
    The link isn't working for me. :(
  • Options
    linky no worky
  • Options
    Didn't work for me either. I was getting kinda excited to see it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Don't care.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Sorry link isn't working. Go to weddingbee.com and the bee is Mrs. Bat
  • Options
    >linky<

Hopefully that works...?

Good god, those are awful.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    I think this comment on WeddingBee pretty much sums it up: 

"This whole wedding is one big experiment in trolling. That’s the only explanation."

Yep. Uh-huh. That's pretty much the only thing that would make sense.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    Cove, I think that was the nicest, most honest response on there, haha. That would most definitely be a dealbreaker for me, as I bridesmaid.

If I saw those dresses and found out that I was supposed to wear one of them, I would run for the hills. As fast as I could. And not look back.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    ConKFA319ConKFA319 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    But you'd probably buy your dress at a store. Or rent it.

Too bad it's a dry wedding. Those girls are gonna need a drink.

ETA: Damn you. Now I really really want a big old glass of sauvignon blanc. Or a nice vinho verde.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    Wow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow, I can't even imagine. As a guest, I'd be pretty horrified if I showed up to this kids costume party when I thought I was going to a wedding. It seems like this girl doesn't respect herself or her friends if she is really doing this. Oh how embarrassing.
  • Options
    wow i need a drink after seeing that
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    That was my first experience on Wedding Bee. I can't believe anybody SUPPORTED those dresses. I see now what the regs mean when they say, "Go to Wedding Bee if you want someone to blow rainbows at you."  

And Liatris and Freebread, I'm with you. I took my wedding (and all weddings I've attended) seriously, and that just looks like a big joke. I would not be amused. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Jackie, it sounds bad, but I still don't care enough to go searching, since none of the links work for me!  And hiiiiiiii gorgeous :)

Addie, I'm sort of in love with your venue there.  I love me some waterfalls.

• Options
    *shudder*

The idea is ok, properly done. I imagine more grown up versions of the dresses, longer to look more formal and less like a sexy Halloween costume. Not to mention better made. My biggest problem is that they look horribly made and are ill-fitting. I understand they're "in process", but yeesh. I feel for those bridesmaids. I wonder if they got to choose their princess or were told "you get to be _____". 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    J&K, it actually might be worth it for this one.  It worked with the last link (I think it said " >link< or >clicky<).  This one was really one of the worst of all time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ehhh-conflicted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a5c1bed-097a-4183-a736-ef22a5f8fe12Post:70c9960b-c63e-4286-88f2-43d567b07dae">Re: Ehhh? Conflicted</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jackie, it sounds bad, but I still don't care enough to go searching, since none of the links work for me!  And hiiiiiiii gorgeous :) Addie, I'm sort of in love with your venue there.  I love me some waterfalls.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

The bride's blog is public and hasthe post basically word for word with pics intact:
    <a href="http://midwestmissgetshitched.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-princess-bridesmaids-part-3-reveal.html" rel="nofollow">http://midwestmissgetshitched.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-princess-bridesmaids-part-3-reveal.html</a>

Internet= Public, people.  Yikes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ehhh-conflicted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a5c1bed-097a-4183-a736-ef22a5f8fe12Post:70c9960b-c63e-4286-88f2-43d567b07dae">Re: Ehhh? Conflicted</a>:
    [QUOTE] Addie, I'm sort of in love with your venue there.  I love me some waterfalls.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you!  The best part is we stumbled upon the venue kind of by accident. Haha! </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ok, haha, those are pretty bad. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards