New Jersey

Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?

Hey girls,  

I am at the point in my planning where I need to find a florist. Unfortunetly I have no idea of where to start.  I have seven bridesmaids and will have at least 15 tables at my wedding that will need centerpieces.  I know I want a tall centerpiece which will probably mean more money. I know nothing about flowers so I am looking for someone who will be reasonably priced since me and my fiance are paying for it but will take the time to help me figure out what I want for my wedding.  We are getting married in Florham Park, NJ. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks so much !

Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?

• I used Catherine from Somerset Hills Florist in Basking Ridge.  She was really nice, and I felt she had good pricing. Her work is beautiful, and isnt the run of the mill, she has great ideas if you want to go out of the box.
  • We're using Conroy's Creations in Morris Plains. Cathy's samples were beautiful and she was fantastic about working with our budget (which was low). She also was really good about advising us as to what worked out of our ideas, what didn't, and, when things didn't work, what a good substitution would be.
  • I used Santo's in Newark.  Manny was such a pleasure to work with.  He was VERY reasonably priced and my flowers were beautiful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_suggestions-for-florists-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:84882a18-8fa0-4bac-8fa1-d0c7e99c624dPost:5ab8391f-49a2-4e67-8390-d1611f6f736f">Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Conroy's Creations in Morris Plains. Cathy's samples were beautiful and she was fantastic about working with our budget (which was low). She also was really good about advising us as to what worked out of our ideas, what didn't, and, when things didn't work, what a good substitution would be.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

So glad to see another Conroy's - we used them and they were amazing.  <strong>Vonclancy</strong>-where are you getting married?  You will not be disappointed; we really enjoyed working with Cathy and she was able to do what we wanted within our budget. 
  • Crest Florist in West Orange does beautiful work.
  • We are using S&K Floral Expressions out of Hasbrook Heights.  Very happy with the price and Stephanie has been a pleasure to work with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_suggestions-for-florists-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:84882a18-8fa0-4bac-8fa1-d0c7e99c624dPost:fbd70dab-eb9a-4049-bab5-3b69d0dabd6a">Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crest Florist in West Orange does beautiful work.
    Posted by njdoxie[/QUOTE]
     Njdoxie- have you used Crest Florist? I am thinking about them.. How are their prices?
  • We used Bruce's Florist in Carlstadt.  He is amazing to work with and helps with ideas and keeping costs low.  He exceeded my expectations with all of our flowers for our wedding including the centerpieces.
  • We're using Metropolitan Plant Exchange in Saddle Brook..they have a few other locations as well, the designers have been amazing to work with...super creative and beautiful stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_suggestions-for-florists-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:84882a18-8fa0-4bac-8fa1-d0c7e99c624dPost:32b68af2-7c24-4fa2-90cb-27ed20beadfb">Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ? : So glad to see another Conroy's - we used them and they were amazing.  Vonclancy -where are you getting married?  You will not be disappointed; we really enjoyed working with Cathy and she was able to do what we wanted within our budget. 
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

We're getting married at Mayfair Farms. I actually went with them because they did my sister's wedding a few years back (at Bretton Wood Manor) and did a FANTASTIC job while still sticking with her budget. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience as well! We're so excited for what Cathy planned for us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_suggestions-for-florists-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:84882a18-8fa0-4bac-8fa1-d0c7e99c624dPost:c448b947-4a6d-4e02-ac24-a9dc61dcacfe">Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ? :  Njdoxie- have you used Crest Florist? I am thinking about them.. How are their prices?
    Posted by aracely1234[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I haven't gotten around to flowers yet, but my sister used them a few years ago so they're on my list of florists to check out.    I really don't know how they are pricewise, but the flowers were beautiful.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_suggestions-for-florists-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:84882a18-8fa0-4bac-8fa1-d0c7e99c624dPost:7277eca8-cc5f-4f20-abce-f54f1a11d727">Re: Suggestions for florists in Northern NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Catherine from Somerset Hills Florist in Basking Ridge.  She was really nice, and I felt she had good pricing. Her work is beautiful, and isnt the run of the mill, she has great ideas if you want to go out of the box.
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Another vote for Catherine!  She is really creative, great to work with, and she will find a way to realize your vision within your budget.</div><div>
    </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We are using AW Flowers in Kearny and working with Adam. We just booked him a few weeks ago, but he was awesome and the prices were very resonable for a ton of different things! Based on the experience so far, and alot of other positive reviews i've read, i'd def recommend!
  • we used Adam from AW flowers in Kearny for our august wedding.  we got our pictures and cannot tell you how amazing the flowers came out, in person and in pics.  we visited a lot of florists, including some of the mentioned ones above but Adam gave us the lowest pricing and we were very happy with the flowers.  got a lot of compliments and he gave us extra flowers on our wedding day also.  
    I would say get an idea of what you want and go visit a few florists before deciding.  
    For our tall centerpiece with floating orchid - we were quoted between $45-$130 each, and we knew exactlly what we wanted so it really varies depending on the florist.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I worked with Crest for my 10/6/12 wedding... a few things bothered me.  My husband's bout was not as planned and when I called about it that morning they said they didn't have the specific berries that we planned on so they used something else.... it was awful looking.  They sent me pics of the new bout and sent them over right away.  My bouquet was not as free formed as planned and the bridesmaids bouquets were not color blocked as planned.... also.... they did not use the carnations that i had in our contract on the cake at the venue.  They gave our venue orchids (which i HATE) for the cake and said they they were more expensive so it would be better... more expensive or not.... NOT what i wanted.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards