Favors

S'mores!

For my favors, I thought it would be really cute to have s'more kits, with a little poem attached outside of the favor box. My only issue is that we are having our wedding in the city, and space does not permit for a bon fire. Would it be tacky/dumb to give a s'more kit as a favor if they cannot make them during the reception? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: S'mores!

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it'd be tacky, just not the best plan. I'd be concerned about the graham crackers breaking on the way back to wherever your guests are going.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of people giving away a hot chocolate "kit" as favors before.  Hot chocolate, marshmallows, etc.  People probably didn't make their hot chocolate at the reception, and probably didn't think that to be weird.

Personally, if I got a s'mores kit as a favor, I would probably just eat it at the reception (even though the marshmallow wouldn't be toasted.) 

The biggest issue I can see is that if you have candles, people might try to toast their mallow over the candles, and I could see that leading to problems.
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:c778aff4-8f31-430c-88fd-ad4f4b72dadcPost:56f3b18a-5381-4f80-b691-ac07c5aa2399">Re: S'mores!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The biggest issue I can see is that if you have candles, people might try to toast their mallow over the candles, and I could see that leading to problems.
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

<div>Picturing this made me laugh.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think its a great idea, though.</div>

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a s'mores bar at our reception. The venue offered to have a chafing dish of warm marshmallow fluff instead of roasting marshmallows. We came to the agreement that we would have warm fluff, but also one of their staff members would be roasting marshallows to order over a small burner. That way, they don't have to turn the roasting duties over to inebriated guests, but our guests can still get that s'mores taste. You might want to talk to your venue (if you haven't already) before nixing the idea. I think, depending on how they're done, s'mores kits would be a nice favor.
    Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.
  • edited December 2011
    we are also doing a smore bar as dessert not as a favor but i found some amazing homemade marshmellows on esty that we will be using, instead of packing a smore in a bag yourself i recommend maybe looking into the gourmet marshmallow, flavors like apple pie, rocky road, caramel and more. you could get a few different kinds,chocolate and graham crackers and set it up like a candy bar with small bags for the guests to make there own variety to take home.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing S'mores kits also and I'm undecided about whether or not we will toast them there.

Some inspiration pics in case you haven't seen these yet:

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    those are really cute eagle, i couldnt imagine how a smore kit could look but those are really cute. for everyone who is doing a smore bar/kits are you using regular jif marshmallows and hersheys bars?  i was thinking id put my own spin on the smore with different items then the traditionals
  • edited December 2011
    Our s'mores bar will have several kinds of chocolate (dark, milk, white) and then some other toppings like sprinkles, nuts, etc.
    Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:c778aff4-8f31-430c-88fd-ad4f4b72dadcPost:56f3b18a-5381-4f80-b691-ac07c5aa2399">Re: S'mores!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The biggest issue I can see is that if you have candles, people might try to toast their mallow over the candles, and I could see that leading to problems.
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]
    Oh man, I can totally see myself attempting this...  I love the idea, but agree that this is a concern.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c778aff4-8f31-430c-88fd-ad4f4b72dadcPost:3865cb9a-43ff-4c99-babd-59beeff94571">Re: S'mores!</a>:
    [QUOTE]those are really cute eagle, i couldnt imagine how a smore kit could look but those are really cute. for everyone who is doing a smore bar/kits are you using regular jif marshmallows and hersheys bars?  i was thinking id put my own spin on the smore with different items then the traditionals
    Posted by amanda_robinson0717@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I thought they were cute also. Had to save them to my computer because my mom and FI are usually hard to sell on non-traditional ideas. I was thinking of traditional kits, but I'm interested in what you have in mind...please share!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c778aff4-8f31-430c-88fd-ad4f4b72dadcPost:0c992d27-c46f-41ff-a2b0-68e14e0ae9af">Re: S'mores!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our s'mores bar will have several kinds of chocolate (dark, milk, white) and then some other toppings like sprinkles, nuts, etc.
    Posted by vickmeyerswedding[/QUOTE]

This sounds really good...great idea!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards