Alabama
Options

Showers

I know that I am not hosting it and it is a gift from the host so with that being said my mom and grandmother are wanting to throw me a shower at there church. The thing is that i used to be a member of that church and noone really cares for me over there and so most of the people that help put together these showers are not invited to the wedding. I could care less about gifts so sould I talk to my mom about not having the shower there or should I just let them invite the whole church and just let people know there not invited. 
Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Showers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DEFINITELY let them know not to have the shower at the church.  And even if they have the shower there, don't invite anyone to that who isn't invited to the wedding.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think as a matter of etiquette your mom isn't supposed to be throwing you a shower. Leave that to aunts, cousins, friends, etc. If your mom is a member of the church and wants to use the facilites, why do all the members have to be invited? Whatever you do, if you don't feel comfortable in the location, let them know you don't want to be there.
  • Options
    my mom is not really helping any with the wedding and so she wanted to host something i have no idea why she wants the whole church to be there its a really small church and kind of like family who does not like me. 
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards