Florida-South Florida
Options

Photo booth pros and cons?

I've thought about getting one for the reception, but my mom and sister think that guests will be occupied enough between eating, dancing, speeches, etc and that it won't get used or be a waste of money. Ive only been to one wedding before so I don't really know how "the flow" of things works. For those of you who've had or attended a wedding that had a photo booth, what did you think? Any advice or suggestions??? I have to make this decision today

Re: Photo booth pros and cons?

• Options
    It's a very innovation and creative way to get your friends and family up from the table and do something fun. In my opinion it does take away from the wedding. For larger weddings it works because you cater to people who don't want to dance.

My wedding is going to be very intimate and they are dancers - so if I place the photo booth the fun dancing atmosphere I want won't be there.
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Options
    I had a photobooth and it was a MUST HAVE for me... I was lucky enough to win second place in a contest so I got it for half off.

That said, if I would have paid the full amount for it, I would have been upset. When I got the book back, it was not as full as I thought it would be. A LOT of our guests didn't even go in it. And it wasn't anyones fault bc I know our DJ announced it since I heard it, and I know it was in plain view bc we put it right next to the DJ booth which was in the middle of the room. When asking around to those who didn't go into it, they told me they just didn't bother bc they were busy dancing and having fun.

Sooooooooooooooooo, that being said, the pictures and messages that I do have, I loved! but I would have been super mad about spending the money if I would have gotten it at full price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I did my photobooth and would recommend it as a MUST HAVE.... I loved the memory book they put together for me... WOuld totally recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards