Retro and Vintage Weddings

50s/60s Bridesmaid Dresses

Hi everyone,

I am new to the board.  My wedding isn't really retro themed, but my wedding dress has a retro feel to it.  I am trying to find pin-up style bridesmaid dresses and am having a difficult time.  Does anyone have any suggestions for where to look?  I have tried modcloth and unique vintage after digging around this board a bit, but I still haven't found quite what I am looking for.  I think part of what is making it difficult is my wedding colors (deep teal and charcoal grey).  I have found a couple of dresses I like but never in colors that wouldn't clash with my wedding colors.

Thanks so much!!

Re: 50s/60s Bridesmaid Dresses

• unique-vintage.com and pinupgirlclothing.com...EXCELLENT retro resources!! Also, whirlingturban.com
  • I actually found a silver/gray 1950s style dress at Dress Barn that I used for our e-pics. If you have one of those, you might try there. There is a website called Starlets and Harlets that I remember looking at, too. You could also try on Amazon. They have some pin-up style dresses.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks!  I will definitely check those out. 
  • Check out Vivien of Holloway.  The store is based in England but does international shipping.  This is where my wedding dress is coming from.
  • You ladies are so helpful!  Thanks!

@jashleya - I bet your wedding dress is amazing.  What a great site!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_50s60s-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:a8ee05b8-e01f-42f2-9de3-6c0c8c4240e6Post:5ac9955f-b53a-45fc-85f7-f27d6e5523ac">Re: 50s/60s Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies are so helpful!  Thanks! @jashleya - I bet your wedding dress is amazing.  What a great site!
    Posted by Julia822[/QUOTE]

Thank you! So nice to hear that someone else likes the look.
  • There's a little boutique a town over that sells vintage clothing and furniture called AtomicKatz. Found some amazing shoes I'm going to buy. Look around where you live. There might be a few hidden gems of vintage stores.
  • I'm so happy you are going with a vintage dress theme! I just did my first bit of dress shopping and NONE of the stores has anything that was even close to my 1950's dream wedding dress, it was very sad. 

I'm excited to be heading to seattle for a visit soon and will totally check out the vintage stores! If you are heading up that way I would recomend the city....its basically oozing retro :P
  • @teatree - I hope you find what you are looking for.  I think it is such a great look.

• You might also check out Bettie Page. Some of their clothes are rather costume-like and are not the best quality, but some of them are really cute.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards