Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How many places can I register?

How many different registries is it appropriate to create? I am interested in doing 2 stores (Bed BathBeyond and Pottery Barn) and 1 website (Amazon) Is this ok or should I stick to just 2 places? Is there an etiquette rule for this?
Thanks everyone :)
~Amy

Re: How many places can I register?

• Options
    Also, if there is one item at another store that you like, you can use the universal add button for Amazon. That way, you will have to two "store" registries, and then anything and everything else on Amazon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Those three registries sound great. Registries are all about adding items that you need and not everything is going to be at the same store! I'm using MyRegistry.com for that exact reason because I can sync my Amazon and Target registries all on one list. It makes it easier to manage too.
  • Options
    I also would not do any more than 3. I think the 3 you are choosing to do are really good choices and will give your guests lots of options and variety.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I side eye when anyone has more than 2 registries.  I think 3 stores is a little much.  Like a pp said, you can put stuff from one of the stores on the amazon site.  
  • Options
    I basically made dream registries at a bunch of stores and then deleted my least favorite ones. It made it easier for me to compare prices, etc, to have them all complete and then go back and delete the ones I didn't like. I have a lot of time on my hands these days, though. 

Just to put it out there, I advotate the 3 rule, but I don't think I'd side eye more than that if each registry were on the smaller side. As a shopper, I prefer to have options. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    I've learned that this is actually rather regional.  Most of the people I know have around 4-6.  8 or more is not uncommon though in GA, AL, TN, etc.

We have four, one of which is a local shop that most people won't be shopping at.  Our other three are Macys, Pottery Barn, and Amazon.

EDIT: I suggest registry stalking your engaged friends to find out what is normal in your circle.  TK made me all angsty about having 4, but we have a large group invited from many pockets of the country, and it's just what worked best for us.  When I realized that many other people I know have 4 or more I stopped worrying about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I love the idea of adding things to my Amazon list from another store. I love BBB and Amazon for things I NEED, but Pottery Barn is for the things I WANT :)
  • Options
    I think 3 regisitries are fine- especially because the third is online as opposed to  Brick and mortar store. In New England 2-3 is the norm- but those are usually full registires. I think that a fourth store may be pushing it, as you can probably find what you want/need through one of those 3 avenues. good luck!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would look at more than three a little sideways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards