Snarky Brides
Options

Irrational Irritations

Re: Irrational Irritations

• Options
    Sesh - H has a nail in his tire too.  And he has run flats and I swear to all that is good and holy if they say you can't patch a run flat for whatever reason and we have to buy a new one I'm going to punch someone in the face.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I will be honest and say that sometimes I judge when people post the most devastating news on here. But then I try to figure out if I would do it, and if I did, how soon after it happened. Still not sure how I feel about the topic as a whole, I think it might depend on the nature of the situation. But I am human, I judge.
  • Options
    Blegh to too many vibe requests. 

I'm irritated that I'm either going to have to take 4 classes over the summer or take a class during the fall semester.  I just want to be done with this stupid degree.
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:186f3508-a544-4bfa-ab55-5cf2abf25702">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : Me neither.  It has been so disturbing actually looking at the serving sizes and realizing I've been eating quadruple the amount of things I should be.  And it really makes me actually sad.  Food is my crack.  When I sit down to eat something I've been craving, I swear it's the same feeling a heroin addict has right before they push the plunger. *disclaimer - I don't know what heroin addiction feels like and I'm sure I'm exaggerating and do not wish to minimalize the plight of heroin addicts around the world, but<strong> I do believe there's a chemical component to food addiction.</strong>
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Carbs temporarily boots the levels of serotonin in your brain, which is why it's such a hard cycle to get out of and why so many people with chemical imbalances have difficulty controlling their eating (not at all saying that people who binge on carbs have a chemical imbalance. It's one of those "not all rectangles are squares" thing).

I've lost 8 pounds in the past two months simply by breaking the cycle in which I'd turn to food for comfort after a rough day. I've been a pretty steady weight all of my life, but I gained a bunch of weight after moving to California when I was working at an incredibly high-stress job. I'm happier now, and the weight's coming off, but I don't think it would if I were still so stressed and upest all the time. The chemical/emotional double whammy is pretty powerful.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed with my uncle. He added a +1 to his RSVP. I decided to just let it go and e-mailed him to get the person's name for their placecard. He tells me the name and that she is kind of flaky, so "don't bet on" her actually coming. What the fvck? It's a $100 a plate dinner and you're adding someone to your RSVP that you are pretty sure won't actually show.

Question: Just curious as to what the requirements are for asking for vibes without it being weird (don't need vibes, just curious).
  • Options
    TR-according to our car place you can patch or plug a nail hole as long as it's not in the side. If it's in the tread (thread?), you're good. Supposedly. If I have to replace that tire, I'll join you in punching people in the face.
  • Options
    Jamie, thank you! I would get lost in NY and end up crying on a streetcorner.

Numbers, with that idea in mind, I don't think I'd ever post about an argument between H and myself. People would remember it, and that's probably all they would hear about him and he'd sound like a jerkface.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:d507435a-cdd1-4e5e-8e86-54657f9db569">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE] Question: Just curious as to what the requirements are for asking for vibes without it being weird (don't need vibes, just curious).
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

<div>I would say (this is me, I speak for nobody else)</div><div>
    </div><div>- don't ask for them all the time</div><div>- I am not likely to respond if I have no effing clue who you are</div><div>- if your life is literally falling apart, I just hope this isn't the only place you have to turn to. </div>
  • Options
    Random, but TR, whenever I see your sig pic, I mentally overlay it with the text "Lancome" or "Modern Bride," because I keep thinking it's a magazine cover or ad campaign. Fo reals.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:186f3508-a544-4bfa-ab55-5cf2abf25702">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : Me neither.  It has been so disturbing actually looking at the serving sizes and realizing I've been eating quadruple the amount of things I should be.  And it really makes me actually sad.  Food is my crack.  When I sit down to eat something I've been craving, I swear it's the same feeling a heroin addict has right before they push the plunger. <strong>*disclaimer - I don't know what heroin addiction feels like and I'm sure I'm exaggerating and do not wish to minimalize the plight of heroin addicts around the world, but I do believe there's a chemical component to food addiction.</strong>
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

<div>Another irritation- the fact that people feel they need to throw out ridiculous disclaimers like this.  FFS, does anyone REALLY think you're literally comparing food addiction to crack?  I hate that these boards get so nit picky like that sometimes.  I also hate that half the time I rewrite what I'm typing just to make sure there's not anything wrong with it, so I don't have to worry about someone attacking something stupid.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't mean to attack TR for this at all. In fact, I agree, and would probably have felt the need to throw a similar disclaimer.  I meant more to attack the fact that people are so nit-picky.</div>
  • Options
    If you have a nail in the side of your tire, someone put it there on purpose and you have bigger problems than replacing a tire, you know?

Poli - Yeah, I think part of the problem is I started a new job that has more stress and a longer commute.  H started working too, which is way better than unemployment, but I also see him a lot less so adjusting to that is hard.  I'm just trying to be more self aware all around.  I might try some yoga.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:12a7e569-c8ed-4a1b-9b5e-4ca543a153fc">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : I would say (this is me, I speak for nobody else) - don't ask for them all the time - I am not likely to respond if I have no effing clue who you are - if your life is literally falling apart, I just hope this isn't the only place you have to turn to. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Mostly for me, if I know who you are and have seen you post a bit before, I'm happy to help. I think it's just a matter of contributing to the community as well as asking for support, not just popping in when you need your support fix and then leaving.
  • Options
    OOTB- If you're posting for vibes I'd like to know who you are without having to think "where have I seen her before?"

If it is a life issue, I'd like to have some background before the "woe is me" post. 

Perhaps if the issue requires therapy or medical help or incarceration, you shouldn't bring it here and expect us to fix it.

No more than 1 every 6 months or so. That's all the give-a-damn I've got at the moment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:8ed3c9c2-3bec-4f19-9805-4036d5a46aed">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Numbers, with that idea in mind, I don't think I'd ever post about an argument between H and myself. People would remember it, and that's probably all they would hear about him and he'd sound like a jerkface.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>See, I learned that lesson a long time ago because of a judgemental friend. In my case, I would always mention the 'bad stuff' because I needed to vent but I wouldn't ever mention 'good' stuff because it seemed like I was bragging about how great my relationship was. Of course, that meant that the relationship came off as flawed, when really it was fine and of course when I was venting, I only ever really told one side of the story, because I was pissed...anyways, I learned to rarely complain about that kind of stuff.</div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im really getting sick of this trying to lose weight BS - its not really working, yet, and every time I complain it seems to open the door to my friends disecting everything im *obviously* doing wrong. How about you stfu, since you dont know the whole picture - I work out 5-6 days a week, I count calories and stay within the range given, I dont drink excessively anymore and I dont eat very much junk at all, so stop telling me that it must be all of these things im doing wrong when you dont know wtf youre talking about.

- people suck.
  • Options
    I'm irritated with FI's job. They keep changing his schedule and its messing mine all up. Right now he's working 4pm-midnight - with an hour drive home, so not getting home until 1am and not getting in bed til 3 or 4am, which doesnt work so well when I can't sleep without him and I have to be up at 7am. Also, it puts a cramp in having someone to help me out (around the house, with DS, wedding stuff, etc) so I feel like I'm falling behind trying to do everything myself.

I'm also irritated with the place my sister (MOH) ordered her dress from. They promised it would be back at least 2 weeks before the wedding, which was ok since it didn't need any alterations. But then she decided to have it rushed (paid the extra $) and they said it would be back about a month before the wedding. Yet its no where to be found and the store will not return either of our phone calls, so I'm going there tomorrow to show my asss.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TR, yoga has helped me so much. I've never been very active, and I know that my back/neck problems are from poor posture. I did yoga regularly when I was living in India, and it made a huge difference in my physical and mental well-being. It's hard to stick with it when you're stressed, though, which is part of the problem :P
  • Options
    OOTB, for me personally, I think it's a little weird to ask for vibes if you don't have a personal relationship with people on the board. For instance, I asked for vibes a while back, but mainly because I know and love most of the ladies here.  I would never just show up on E or CC and ask for vibes, the same as I wouldn't just sit down at someone's lunch table and ask them to pray for me.  That's how I look at it.
  • Options
    Steph - I totally understand.  And on E, I probably wouldn't have written a disclaimer, but I feel like maybe over here some people may not get that I'm joking because they don't know me as well.  And it really is ridiculous to see some of the arguments that basically boil down to semantics or someone not getting sarcasm on these boards.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    Vibes are lame. I've never understood the point of them. I mean, if you want to AW whatever dramatic crap is going on in your life right now, then just do it. Don't dress it up with a halfassed attempt at asking for vibes (which what the hell do they really do for you anyway?).

I'm also not a fan of chronic oversharers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:a4aecaf7-232a-46e8-a7a7-a2e96e99c8be">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im really getting sick of this trying to lose weight BS - its not really working, yet, and every time I complain it seems to open the door to my friends disecting everything im *obviously* doing wrong. How about you stfu, since you dont know the whole picture - I work out 5-6 days a week, I count calories and stay within the range given, I dont drink excessively anymore and I dont eat very much junk at all, so stop telling me that it must be all of these things im doing wrong when you dont know wtf youre talking about. - people suck.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>If you are talking about the twatwaffle at work who questioned your choices last time (meat options I think it was?) just tell me and I will beat the crap out of her. Just keep going at it, and read that email I sent you. I <3 you Nebb.</div>
  • Options
    And thank you Poli :)  I loved my make up artist, haha.  And Crest Whitestrips.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    OOTB- I don't know. And I realize that makes me just as obnoxious as my last post about being nit picky ;) I think it's just been overdone lately.  That, and I really don't think I ever would turn here to ask for vibes.  Bitch and whine? of course! But I just don't understand asking random strangers for prayers or vibes (I mean, seriously. VIBES? wtf does that even mean?) So it just comes across as passive-aggressive AW-ing to me.
  • Options

I'm II because my latté had whole milk in it.  I know, it's a little, tiny mistake, but I like soy milk.  I think it has more to do with my knees swelling and kicking my ass today than anything, but it set me off.  And I feel bad for being grumpy about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:b662c43c-5434-45d9-a662-81037c4c615a">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vibes are lame. I've never understood the point of them. I mean, if you want to AW whatever dramatic crap is going on in your life right now, then just do it. Don't dress it up with a halfassed attempt at asking for vibes (which what the hell do they really do for you anyway?). I'm also not a fan of chronic oversharers.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Ive never liked asking for or giving vibes. I can say im giving them, but it would really just be a lie. Unless someone is my best friend ever, I probably will forget about the situation entirely in the next 15 minutes. Im an asshole though, so that shouldnt come as a surprise.
  • Options
    Nebb, I'm sending a ginormous puppy-and-rainbow hug your way. I think you're a badass for working so hard, and it's so stupid that people aren't being supportive. I don't know if you saw a post that somebody brought up the other day, but it was a link to someone's SparkPeople profile about how she'd dropped a few sizes without losing a single pound. Her friends were all telling her that she was doing it wrong, but it's just proof that every body responds differently.
  • Options
    I'm totally sitting at my desk dancing along to your sig, Nebb.  Idiot Abroad was my most favorite series ever.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:bf26c29b-514b-4152-9c95-f6cc552bef11">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : If you are talking about the twatwaffle at work who questioned your choices last time (meat options I think it was?) just tell me and I will beat the crap out of her. Just keep going at it, and read that email I sent you. I <3 you Nebb.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]
    Shes been at it again, but for something not weight related. I was telling her of a discussion Adam and I had about mat/pat leave when we have a baby and how we think it might be beneficial to split it, both for time with the baby and career wise -- I am wrong in thinking I want that, and I apparently cant understand because I dont have kids, but I will not end up wanting that and I wont care about my job once I have a kid because it will be the most important thing evar. I apparently didnt know how I feel about things, so im glad I was set straight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d653f0f-f7be-49bb-bc53-1fa96a8488dfPost:b662c43c-5434-45d9-a662-81037c4c615a">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vibes are lame. I've never understood the point of them. I mean, if you want to AW whatever dramatic crap is going on in your life right now, then just do it. Don't dress it up with a halfassed attempt at asking for vibes (which what the hell do they really do for you anyway?). <strong>I'm also not a fan of chronic oversharers.</strong>
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Well she-ayt. So much for my plan to win you over with my kum-ba-ya-like charm.
  • Options
    and random responses, because I'm too lazy to quote.

Nails in tires = suckage.  I am convinced I drove over a nail on my way out of the dealership parking lot. I left it there for almost a year (and 10k miles.)  Stupid tired cost me freaking $179 to replace (damn TPM system.)

YOGA. Poli- any recommendations for MSP on the cheap? I have a pilates DVD, but it seriously kicks my ass. I need someone to actually guide me through this stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards