Snarky Brides
Options

Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party

Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party

• Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:fa45a2b1-8778-4d46-a097-1b2faec0cda1">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wouldn't your current tuition already be paid by April?  And then you get married in June and then apply for aid?  I'm still confused. <strong>Wrkn - really?  Did your parents claim you as a dependent?  I mean, if you aren't claimed as a dependent by anyone, I thought you could claim independent of your parents?
    </strong>Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Really. I chose to be independent, pay my own bills, work two jobs and go to school.  (The working two jobs ending up really effing me over.)

My parents <em>could</em>pay for my tuition according to FAFSA standards.  If they would've kicked me out and disowned me, if would have been different.
    I was not claimed as a dependent. I filed my own taxes.  I argued with the financial aid office until I was blue in the face and couldn't get around having to list their incomes. 

It's entirely possible that I missed something, but I looked for over a year for a loophole without having to lie and say my parents disowned me.

When I turned 25, I reapplied for student aid without them.  I make too much money.

ETA: Apparently I did miss something. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:011d4990-6dc6-4416-945d-1c061bc16b2a">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : Didn't the new health care bill up the age of dependency for medical insurance to 25?  Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

This is true Koda. My son would have been able to stay on my insurance till he was 25 had he still lived with me, or was a full time student.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:011d4990-6dc6-4416-945d-1c061bc16b2a">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : Didn't the new health care bill up the age of dependency for medical insurance to 25?  Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, as long as you're in school I believe.  All I know is I filed as an independent last year when I was 23.   

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:d1ccdaef-ee59-43a8-b639-577ff1b72904">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I don't get the 25 thing either.  I was considered an independent when I was 23.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I was independant at 21, but I was done with school...  So I don't know if that makes a difference somehow. 

I just googled this and it does seem as though as long as you provide for over 50% of your living expenses and no one claims you as a dependant, you're good to go for the IRS.  FAFSA seems to work differently...  I would check in with a financial aide counselor at your school.  I think that there is a third option (aside from choosing wedding over school).  Hopefully someone with the right expertise can help you.   
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:adc019f4-5af8-4cc2-ad34-0d007efb68f4">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : Yeah, I'm not sure what the rush to get married is?  I mean, I know some people get married while still in school but if you aren't financially independent enough to put yourself through school, how is getting married going to do that for you?  ETA:  OP seems to have left the building.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed.

Sorry OP, I just feel, like most women here do that you should really be able to support yourself and have some idea of what its like in the real world before you walk down the aisle. There is nothing wrong with waiting till you get your degree, and getting on your own two feet first. In fact usually its for the best.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:8b11ff77-ea54-4280-a9b8-345e5d1df448">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, your funding runs out April 2012.  Which I assume means you will be enrolled in the spring semester, almost done, and covered. You're getting married in June.  So, no summer classes next year, or cut back wedding budget to afford them. Problem solved. You're welcome.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

exactly!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:65e0bcb1-2da4-4c78-940f-2b8ba9905cb7">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : I was independant at 21, but I was done with school...  So I don't know if that makes a difference somehow.  I just googled this and it does seem as though as long as you provide for over 50% of your living expenses and no one claims you as a dependant, you're good to go for the IRS.  <strong>FAFSA seems to work differently</strong>...  I would check in with a financial aide counselor at your school.  I think that there is a third option (aside from choosing wedding over school).  Hopefully someone with the right expertise can help you.   
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

Yep. I deal with it every year I reapply. I have filed my taxes independently ever since I turned 18 and provide all of my own financial support and live away from my parents but am still considered dependent for the purposes of the FAFSA
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:cc2b63f6-b3d0-4b93-bd01-d3cea013ecea">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to be 25 to be considered an independent student. I'm 23 and I was able to claim myself and my tuition credits on this year's taxes. Unless there's something I'm missing, you should be able to file as an independent if you do indeed live on your own and your parents aren't claiming you or the money spent on tuition. Go talk to an accountant or something before you jump into a hair-brained plan of a secret marriage and PPD.
    Posted by Robin+Cooper[/QUOTE]

Taxes or FAFSA?
  • Options
    Taxes. If I remember correctly, the FAFSA needs the incomes of whoever claimed you (your parents or yourself) on the previous year's taxes. If you claim yourself on your taxes, shouldn't that transfer to the FAFSA?

I could definitely be wrong though. I didn't fill out the FAFSA for my last two semesters for that exact reason. My parents HAD claimed me the year before, and their incomes made me inelligible for any financial aid.

Dang it... this is why I stick to lurking!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:c32cbb0a-e766-4b3b-aae4-adda101a83ed">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : This made my day.
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    My parents were still allowed to claim me as a dependent as long as I was still in school.  They did my freshman year and it cause me to owe like $300 on my taxes instead of getting a refund of almost $900 if I filed independently.  I made my mom pay the $300 and told her she wasn't allowed to claim me anymore because the following year I was filing as an independent.  My parents paid absolutely nothing of any of my expenses (even when they did claim me) so if they got audited, my parents would have been the ones in trouble.  So basically, I've been filing as an independent since I was 19.

So really, I think the whole "I NEED to get married before this date" is a crap excuse and I would not attend your fake wedding later....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FAFSA is way different than taxes, even though you use tax info to file. My mother got remarried to my step dad, they filed taxes separately, and I still had to use his income as support, even though neither of them gave me any money. It royally screwed me for Pell one year, so I had to apply for ore scholarships. 

Independent for taxes =/= Independant for FAFSA

However, OP, besides the fact that your mom won't claim this on her taxes and fill out the appropriate FAFSA with that information until after you are married, you can always petition for an exception. Thats what FA counselors are there for. Use them. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:3edfcb37-abad-40cd-968c-922b001ef9e1">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taxes. If I remember correctly, <strong>the FAFSA needs the incomes of whoever claimed you (your parents or yourself) on the previous year's taxes.</strong> If you claim yourself on your taxes, shouldn't that transfer to the FAFSA? I could definitely be wrong though. I didn't fill out the FAFSA for my last two semesters for that exact reason. My parents HAD claimed me the year before, and their incomes made me inelligible for any financial aid. Dang it... this is why I stick to lurking!

<div>Not necessarily true. I live with my grandmother, who became my legal guardian when I was 17 and she claims me on her taxes since she is helping me out with college and living expenses. When I file my FAFSA, I have to use a birth parent or adoptive parent. Guardians, grandparents, etc are not allowed unless they adopted you. They did this to prevent people from moving in with a less well off family member who would then get guardianship and then be able to get more money for the kid. </div><div>
    </div><div>In my case, it works the opposite. My grandma makes way more money than my dad, his wife does not work, and he has 2 other kids. I called the FAFSA people and told them they were screwing themselves by not letting me use my grandma's info, but they said it didn't matter. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:3edfcb37-abad-40cd-968c-922b001ef9e1">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taxes. If I remember correctly, the FAFSA needs the incomes of whoever claimed you (your parents or yourself) on the previous year's taxes. If you claim yourself on your taxes, shouldn't that transfer to the FAFSA? I could definitely be wrong though. I didn't fill out the FAFSA for my last two semesters for that exact reason. My parents HAD claimed me the year before, and their incomes made me inelligible for any financial aid. Dang it... this is why I stick to lurking!

No, it doesn't. I file taxes independently, but because for the FAFSA I'm still considered dependent because of my age, so BOTH my parents' taxes and my taxes have to be filed with FAFSA
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:43b0e2ab-4514-41ea-b56e-ee47a8cb4b65">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : Are you sure you know what you're talking about here?  I thought that financial independence came from filing taxes on your own for two consecutive years, not from your age or marital status. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

FAFSA requirements are different than filing taxes as an independent.

And yeah, you would have to get married within the tax year you are filing for, which would be 2011, not before tax DAY.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:d220c76f-cdea-4a18-b0d4-6d220440875f">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : No, it doesn't. I file taxes independently, but because for the FAFSA I'm still considered dependent because of my age, so BOTH my parents' taxes and my taxes have to be filed with FAFSA
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

That really sucks! Thanks for the correction though! I hate giving bad advice/information. I just really thought Independent on taxes = independent on FAFSA.
  • Options
    You can have  a vow renewal party. It won't really be the same, but this is common for people who don't like the way they got married the first time.

Just don't lie about being married--not even to yourself.
    Even with our separation of church and state, you're going to "feel" married after the first legal documents are signed, and you haven't done a church wedding.

Change your name whenever it works for you.

(We did this-- in laws forced the first one, my parents pushed the 2nd--know what they say, our marriage, their wedding.)

**ACTUALLY** my great grandparents had a 50th wedding anniv/vow renewal with a big white dress and everything. I wasn't alive for it, but I've seen pictures and WOW I wish I could have been there for that!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:d220c76f-cdea-4a18-b0d4-6d220440875f">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : No, it doesn't. I file taxes independently, but because for the FAFSA I'm still considered dependent because of my age, so BOTH my parents' taxes and my taxes have to be filed with FAFSA
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

Yup...I HATED that crap.  I paid for 100% of my own education, and I probably could've had a heck of a lot less in student loans if they would have recognized that because I probably would've been able to get grants.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011

I have a friend that mentioned before that it was harder for her to get money after she got married then before. Either way she got married while in College but that wasn't to stay or anything. I don't see no logic in rushing a marriage just because of staying in school. Really? I'm with the other 40 people that posted asking the same thing.

I was considered dependent until after age 25, if i was living at home or not. And clearly getting married would keep this and you'd have to use his income and yours as well.

Like others also mentioned, somethings changed but still doesn't make sense.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You could take up night time whoring. You could go to school during the day and then give blow jobs at night. That would be a really fun way to earn your college money. Also, it might make you feel like a super hero. One tip, though. Dudes that like night blow job whores also like night blow job whores that are missing their front teeth. It prevents scrapage. You might want to look into that. Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:9d789f8a-19e9-4a13-9db8-659aef6cdac1">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could take up night time whoring. You could go to school during the day and then give blow jobs at night. That would be a really fun way to earn your college money. Also, it might make you feel like a super hero. One tip, though. Dudes that like night blow job whores also like night blow job whores that are missing their front teeth. It prevents scrapage. You might want to look into that. Good luck!
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Oh my god I have missed you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:eb865c41-51cb-4058-a680-96b951beb73c">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party : That really sucks! Thanks for the correction though! I hate giving bad advice/information. I just really thought Independent on taxes = independent on FAFSA.

Yeah it does! Yeah, no problem, I know it can be confusing, my mom is still kerbobbled by it each year lol
  • Options
    Financial aid, student loans....and in response to the whole "mom screwing you over" deal. That's just as much bulls!t as someone justifying pushing someone off a bridge. It's wrong. This whole scenario is wrong. Make your wedding date in the first third of the year....before your deadline and be done with it. Fraud is going to be found out, it IS illegal to commit. And whether you get tried in a real court or tried in a court of your family and friends (aka, life)...someone's going to find out and that someone isn't going to keep it to themselves. Honesty is the best policy. Your guests deserves to be at your wedding and enjoy the day as much as you do....they shouldn't feel (or find out) that they were only invited because of gifts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:9d789f8a-19e9-4a13-9db8-659aef6cdac1">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could take up night time whoring. You could go to school during the day and then give blow jobs at night. That would be a really fun way to earn your college money. Also, it might make you feel like a super hero. One tip, though. Dudes that like night blow job whores also like night blow job whores that are missing their front teeth. It prevents scrapage. You might want to look into that. Good luck!
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>I had a boyfriend who told my best friend the first time he met her that she'd give a better BJ if he knocked out all her teeth. I'm not sure what I was thinking with that one.</div>
  • Options
    My mother used my college fund that had been set up since I was three on a new house. So yes I do feel that my mother "screwed me over" as you would say as far as schooling. Had I have grown up expecting to have to pay for school I would have been better prepared. Our wedding will not be featured in a wedding magazine or anything extravagant. I want to share our unity with close family and friends but not be rushed in planning the ceremony and reception as I'm in school and working. Having a year to do so would be much easier as far as the "celebration of unity". Our families support us getting married legally then having a religious ceremony later. It would more or less be us renewing our vows. I'm not getting married because I'm pregnant or for insurance nor am I getting married because a threat of being deported. LOL. Simply wanting to finish school and try not to go 20,000 in debt with school loans. Thanks for the feedback everyone...some of you should take a midol before posting :)
  • Options
    As far as the IRS I am an independent. However FASFA does not care. I have talked to my financial aid advisor. She told me if my parents were not in prison, had not abused me, were still alive that I would not be exempt from having to use their tax returns. I do live on my own without assistance. But because I am 22 I cannot use my own tax information. She told me they consider that my parents still provide funding for school until I turned 25.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:43ab6ff9-da06-44d8-bb1a-e6f0111566b9">Re: Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother used my college fund that had been set up since I was three on a new house. So yes I do feel that my mother "screwed me over" as you would say as far as schooling. Had I have grown up expecting to have to pay for school I would have been better prepared. Our wedding will not be featured in a wedding magazine or anything extravagant. I want to share our unity with close family and friends but not be rushed in planning the ceremony and reception as I'm in school and working. Having a year to do so would be much easier as far as the "celebration of unity". Our families support us getting married legally then having a religious ceremony later. It would more or less be us renewing our vows. I'm not getting married because I'm pregnant or for insurance nor am I getting married because a threat of being deported. LOL. Simply wanting to finish school and try not to go 20,000 in debt with school loans. Thanks for the feedback everyone<strong>...some of you should take a midol before posting</strong> :)
    Posted by cbug123[/QUOTE]

That's not going to go over well here.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:db96ffba-0521-4a92-893e-8ce449debcad">Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off I never thought I would even be consider doing this but here goes... We are planning a wedding for June 2012. I have always dreamed of a large summer traditional wedding with friends and family. However, if we are not married before April 17, 2012 I will have to drop out of college. The only way I can stay in college is if we are legally married before April 17th. Would it be tacky to get legally married then next summer (like we had orginally planned) have a ceremony and reception so the family could partake in our marriage. I want to have the wedding of my dreams and I dont feel I should be cheated out of it just because of college. I know legally I can only get married once. I was thinking about not changing my name until we had our ceremony. How would you guys feel being invited to a ceremony and reception to celebrate a couples unity knowing they were already married?
    here we go again :/ good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Future Mrs.Hellem
  • Options
    Cbug-

You are frankly a MORON. I have NO IDEA who on earth you are talking to but you are in no way ever required to list your parents. Some people do not have parents- you idiot.

This post annoys me SO SO damn much. Honestly- please for the love of god DON'T get married. If you cannot figure out financial aid you cannot get married. And I am so sorry your mom refuses to pay for your education. Welcome to the real world- start applying for loans. This is the stupidest, most backward thing I have ever read. I applied for school before I was 25 and before I was married as- oh my god don't say it- a single woman. Someone even gave me a mortgage!

My word!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-needs-feedback-elope-married-again-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc578bda-7c45-4050-8582-6a633d5462e1Post:db96ffba-0521-4a92-893e-8ce449debcad">Seriously needs so feedback!! Elope, get married again, party</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off I never thought I would even be consider doing this but here goes... We are planning a wedding for June 2012. I have always dreamed of a large summer traditional wedding with friends and family. However, if we are not married before April 17, 2012 I will have to drop out of college. The only way I can <font color="#FF6600"><strong>get a free ride</strong></font> in college is if we are legally married before April 17th. Would it be tacky to get legally married then next summer (like we had orginally planned) have a ceremony and reception so the family could partake in our marriage. I want to have the wedding of my dreams and I dont feel I should be cheated out of it just because of college. I know legally I can only get married once. I was thinking about not changing my name until we had our ceremony. How would you guys feel being invited to a ceremony and reception to celebrate a couples unity knowing they were already married?

Oops. There. I fixed that for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards