Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee vendor review

Hello all!  We got married on 5/21/11 and when I was planning I always found other reviews helpful, so I'm posting some thoughts for you!

Amelishan Bridal:  A
Found my dress there after also trying Savvy Bridal, Stone Manor, Bridal Sweet and Kay Bridal.  I tried on 65 dresses before knowing #64 was it.  Amelishan is one of those places that cuts tags, but it didn't bother me and once I put my deposit down, they didn't hesitate to tell me who the maker was and to let me take all the pictures I wanted.  Also, buying the dress on my first visit there put me in their "reward club", which did end up saving me quite a bit.  Mother of the Bride dress was also purchased here.

Alterations by Joyce: A
Located in Amelishan, Joyce did a beautiful job on my dress and was very pleasant to work with.  Sharon altered the MOB dress and was great as well.  They also except the "reward" card from Amelishan.

Impressions by Esther: A+++
I'd heard about Esther's flowers and that she was difficult to get a hold of, but I'm pretty go-with-the-flow, so I wasn't overly concerned, as her reputation was stellar.  Once I got an appointment with her (be patient but persistant) she saw my vision right away and when I went back for the first mock up (in silk), I knew I had the right woman.  The flowers were GORGEOUS!  I didn't spend a ton and only had mine, the BM, GM and corsages and a couple pew bows done, but people raved.  She never missed an appointment, she delivered on time, on budget and it was awesome!

Rick's Bakery LLC: A+
A small 2 tier cake and 19 dz cupcakes in 6 different flavors.  Spectacular taste, nicely displayed, easy to deal with and a flipping steal!  I would recommend them over and over!

Radisson Milwaukee West: B+
LaToyia was awesome, she was a great contact person.  The food was great, the appetizers even better.  They did everything we asked and did it with a smile.  Good rate on the guest rooms.  Out of their particular control, but the only downer, construction on the lounge fell behind and wasn't completed by our wedding date.  They did compensate us for that, but I felt they could have gone a little further for the inconvenience.  Overall, I would still recommend for a nice hotel reception.  There's only one ballroom...no sharing!

Jadon Good Photography
Still waiting on the pictures, so no grade yet, but Jadon was awesome.  Laid back, but not too laid back, a great sense of humor, good ideas and what appeared to be an awesome eye!  I only saw a couple shots on the camera, but I can't wait to get them back! 

BM dresses came from David's Bridal, it was fine, no complaints, no raves.  Same with Men's Warehouse on tuxs. 

Well, I'll updated on the photographer when I get the pics, but I'm happy to answer any questions!
Married: 5/21/11 TTC: 6/10/11 BFP: 8/7/11 (first baby) BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Milwaukee vendor review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ouch, I totally forgot the DJ's...

Royal Sounds: A++++++++
    Out of Racine.  3rd family event we've used them for!  Debi and Gail are fabulous! I have a crazy family and these are the DJ's for us.  For what may be a slightly higher price (I never priced, I knew this was my DJ, booked as soon as we had the date), you get a full on DJ, emcee, dance lessons (if you want them), ceremony music (we didn't use), boxes of props (blowup guitars, hats, feather boas, maracas) and other stuff I can't recall off hand.  Plus, we added (additional cost) the photo booth, which was a HUGE hit.  They were totally professional, displayed good judgement, made it all about us and what we wanted to hear, played the appropriate requests, helped time everything out and created a timeline for the evening that didn't interrupt anyone's good time.  No babbling on, just played!!!  I cannot, CANNOTeven imagine hiring anyone else and by the end of the night, they were out of flyers because our guests loved them too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too used Esther and she was FABULOUS!!!  I did end up with Urban Sense doing my bouquets though, because Esther never called me back until AFTER I put down the deposit with Urban Sense. :(  I kept that appointment and she created a winter/Christmas wonderland in the ballroom! I <3 Esther (but she needs to get some messenger pigeons or learn smoke signals or something!).

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Just wondering what are the prices like for the bakery? Im doing a babyshower and wanted to do a mini cake and cup cakes to go with it.
    TIA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should call them for a quote, their number is on the website, www.ricksbakeryllc.com. They were VERY reasonable compared to the other bakeries we tried out and had a better selection of flavors!
  • Options
    leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious what flavors you went with. We are also thinking of going with Ricks, but I can't decide on cake/filling! Its good to hear the good review though, I was a little bit nervous just because it is such a small operation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a marble cake.  The cupcakes were chocolate truffle (half filled with Bavarian cream), caramel with choc mousse filling, banana (no filling), spice (half with cream cheese filling).  The caramel were a big hit and I had the banana, which was fabulous, but we had hardly anything left!  We tried the red velvet, which everyone liked, but I didn't think enough people ate red velvet to get too many.  She did a taste test for us where we tried four flavors, it was great.

I was skeptical about the business too, but she gave me a long list of current references and those that responded to my email just raved.  I have to say, they were right!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards