California-Bay Area
Options

when should we register??

our wedding is about a year and a half away....when are we supposed to register?  i assume some people want to give us engagement gifts...but i dont want to seem gift grabby by registering so early.  when did you guys do it??

Re: when should we register??

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're "only" having a 9 month engagement, so i already registered....

maybe just start registering now and do the main stuff six months from now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we registered about 9 months out, just in time for christmas (some of my family got gifts off the registry).

if you're going to have an engagement party, go ahead and register now or a month or so before the party.

if NOT:
    i would recommend registering no more than 10 months out- a lot of things get discontinued and you'll end up having to re-register and pick all new things. (huge bummer, esp when you find something you really like and then it gets discontinued.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oooooo good point, Kim.  FI is big into cooking and wants to register at Sur La Table - maybe we'll just go there for now and do things that are staples in that store....that will most likely not be discontinued.
    thank youuuuu!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just registered a month ago at Macy's and the only reason we did that was because of the sip and scan event. If you're interested in registering with Macy's, I would recommend waiting for it. They cater in food and drinks and give you champagne flutes and little freebies for registering. Sam and I had a fun time (since he got to eat while shopping) and I got all sorts of fun free stuff.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered in december last year and i'll be getting married jan 2011. We wento to crate and barrels event...lmimosa and panini's were delish.
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards