Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's around?

I'm totally ready for an Evening thread. Anyone else? 

Re: Who's around?

• Options
    I'm here! I don't know why but the following fb status really irks me. 

"So far today, we have bought a vacuum cleaner, a blender, a kitchen mat, a laundry hamper, $100+ of containers, and ice trays. Amount of our own money spent? $10.85. Gotta love wedding gift cards..." 

I mean, I know that's what the gift cards are for but still. 
  • Options
    Bree, that registry status would have seriuosly bothered me! It comes off (to me) kinda like "I can't believe nobody has found it and bought us stuff so I'll make it easy for you." 
  • Options
    I'm here too. I'm searching through old threads for recommending books. Now that I have a nook I'm trying to update my "books to read" list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes. I don't think I've posted anything WR on FB. Much less information like that. How tacky.

Aryn - that would annoy me too. I mean, why not say something like "So far today, we have bought a vacuum cleaner, a blender, a kitchen mat, a laundry hamper, containers, and ice trays. Excited!"
  • Options
    Hi all, Bree long time no see!  Hope all is well in your world.  Both of those FB statuses would bother me, I try to keep everything off FB related to the wedding.  Although I couldn't resist checking in at the municipal town hall when we got our license.

I had icecream for dinner, banana cream pie icecream dipped in the chocolate that hardens.  It was heavenly.

And Poke, holy speeding bullet batman, you are so very close!  What fun!
  • Options
    Hi Ski! I just had boring Subway for dinner (roast beef though, yum!) I'm totally jealous of your ice cream for dinner. 

I wish I could have my license. Since we both have to physically be there to get it we won't be getting it until next Monday. Yikes. 

And I'm so close. It's exciting and freaky at the same time. It's like....woah haha.
  • Options
    Mmm ice cream for dinner. I love being an adult. I had half a watermelon for dinner :) I love watermelon. 
  • Options
    Oh, I love watermelon too! My mom doesn't though, which is so odd. I mean, they're sweet and refreshing but they don't have any kind of strong flavor. What's not to like?
  • Options
    I can't stand watermelon. I don't know why but I do not like it at all.

I haven't had ice cream in awhile. I've been trying to stay away from it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like watermelon for dinner too!  Yes, being an adult can be fun.

Bree glad you are busy and doing well.  I love your new signature picture.  I am super excited to take some pictures at our wedding venue.
  • Options
    Bree - that sounds super refreshing. I'll have to try it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7d2b5af-1a04-4b8e-a8fb-f493ce4e0e0ePost:84063843-95c1-4460-9f04-a72f3bab6025">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I love making watermelon water. Like cucumber water only with watermelon chunks/juice instead. It's divine on a hot day.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

<div>How do you make either of those? Watermelon water sounds really interesting.</div>
  • Options
    Hello!  H and I just got back a little while ago from our weekend music festival.  The festival was great, the weather was perfect, and I only got a wee bit sunburned.  I'm unpacked, showered and comfy in a fresh pair of sweatpants, and H and I just went and got Rita's.  Feeling very content right now!  Too bad tomorrow's Monday :/
  • Options
    abbalish - what a buzz kill, right? haha. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7d2b5af-1a04-4b8e-a8fb-f493ce4e0e0ePost:dbfc2e24-5f4d-4ff7-843c-0cc6a6a5e396">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]abbalish - what a buzz kill, right? haha. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend though.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Yes!  This week shouldn't be too bad though - I'm in a class Mon-Weds so at least I get a little break from my regular work.

I can't believe all the weddings that are coming up around here!  And those that just happened, too :)  I didn't like planning my wedding but I'm jealous of all the ones happening now!
  • Options
    Yeah, there are a lot going on. But that's not too suprising. These are the "Monster Months" for weddings after all. 
  • Options
    abba that sounds like fun.

We visited our wedding venue this weekend.  The below is a picture of where I get dressed and the aisle that I walk down to the gazebo.  Me and my MOH are on the third floor of that building and have to walk down the steps.  Yikers, I hope I don't to a nose dive.

• Options
    Ski that location is beautiful! I love the aisle you'll be walking down! 
  • Options
    Wow Ski - that's absolutely beautiful. I love it! 

It's been stormy a lot lately. I hope it clears up in the next two weeks...
  • Options
    That's gorgeous, ski!  You'll be fine :)  What is your venue?
  • Options

Beautiful Ski!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Going and visiting there got me pretty excited about the whole wedding.  I am exhausted and full of icecream, I think it is bed for me.

Have a nice week all.

• Options
    Goodnight Ski!

FI has never seen our venue in person. I'm excited for him to see it - which is a little silly because he couldn't care less about where we're actually getting married. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Ski -- that's so pretty!
  • Options
    Poke, you must have one laid back FI. 
  • Options
    Thanks Mica and all, my FI actually picked out our venue, he keeps telling me it is the most romantic place on earth.  It is a very cool castle. 

And this time I really am signing off, it will be a busy week.

• Options
    Aryn - he is fairly laid back. He told me he doesn't give a flying flip about any of the details of the wedding as long as our guests are taken care of and he leaves as my husband. 
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm here.
    Poke, you're almost there-how cool!
    PetalPockets-Take a look at Graceling by Kristin Cashore, especially if you like Insurgent.
    Had leftover pizza for dinner. Bree, I thnk that FB status is tacky too. It's not Extreme Coupons on TLC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks zizi.

I haven't had pizza in awhile either. I obviously am not doing well at my diet right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I never realized how much I loved pizza until I couldn't have any haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards