Second Weddings
Options

What's Different this time?

I was curious what some of you ladies are doing differently this time around in regards for premarital planning. My last marriage at face value or getting too terribly bogged down with details failed over tons of issues but financial hardship and infidelity were the dealbreakers. FI's last relationship failed for similar reasons. (FI has never been married but cohabitated, I was married but never cohabitated prior to marriage until FI)

Here is some of what we are doing/thinking of doing.
Premarital Counseling.
Seeing a Financial Planner.
Attending a Financial Planning workshop at the local community college.
Thinking about getting a couples workbook to work through during counseling.

Also,
We joined a gym.
Picked out a diet/plan we could work on together and be happy to take to lunch for work.
Start dance lessons next month.

What is everyone else's thoughts and premarital planning look like?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's Different this time?

• Options
    Those ideas sound great! Also, by starting a gym and planning a "diet" (I hate that word lol) then you will able to plan out your meals and create a grocery budget! This is wayyy better than just winging it once you get to the supermarket lol ...

We are thinking about doing pre-marital counseling, and we are also getting a budget put together so we're both comfortable with our financial situation. We're going to join a gym together also, but we have to wait until FI's contract runs out at the other gym.

Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    We are doing a pre-nup. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We are in pre-marital counseling. We both acknowledge we didn't come from healthy relationships, and want to seek to protect and nurture this one. Part of that is focusing where we see we need more focus. We chose to focus on finances, sex and communication tools.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We were a couple for FIVE YEARS before tying the knot.  That's a lot of life to see one another through before saying the vows. 

The first time I married, H and I knew each other for just 13 months..
  • Options
    Lisa- ExH and I were together for 4 1/2 years before getting married. We did not live together first. And had a short engagement of about 6 months. FI and I have been together for a year and will be married when we have been together at the 2 year mark. So that is a little different for us. We are also now living together. He has cohabitated but never married, and I have never cohabitated prior to marriage (only lived with exH for 5 months and most of that 5 months he did not spend at home) but have been married.

Mendi- We also have the same focuses in our sessions.

Pearls- Same with us. That was pretty much a given going into this after the nightmare of a divorce I just went through over what turned out to be a lot of debt.

Judy- Thanks. Good luck to you too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards