New York-Western
Options

Fall reception site recomendation

Tentative date of October 2011, starting to lean more towards November or December because of the discounts. Looking for a woodsy, earthy, log-cabiln like reception site. Something cozy and intimate for about 100-125 guests. Preferably in rochester.

Re: Fall reception site recomendation

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is not in Rochester but it is kind of between Rochester and Buffalo in Akron,NY. The Timberlodge, it is on a golf course and very beautiful and rustic. See link. http://www.timberlodgebanquet.com/

Also you could try Letchworth Park.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Bristol Harbor...it's about an hour south of Rochester on the north end of Canandaigua Lake.  http://www.bristolharbour.com/weddings.asp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely suggest Letchworth State Park!  Absolutely gorgeous all year, especially in the fall, and not too far from Rochester.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Letchworth is really nice! I agree!

Also, look into renting a cabin on a lake and doing a tent wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Glen Iris Inn at Letchworth?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Btw I grew up in Akron and the Timberwolf Lodge does have a nice view but a. is in the middle of nowhere and b. the food, not so good. Jan-March offers the deepest discounts and honestly, if I wasn't waiting on getting my masters, I would totally do a Feb thing, but I know it sucks putting it off farther.  The wineries in the area would be great for an intimate affair. I know there are some historic buildings in Rochester and some may have wedding capabilities and may be able to rent out the entire place to you. There's the Art gallery on either east or Culver. can't remember, but they may have something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The only thing with letchworth is you would be stuck outside unless you went through the Glen Iris Inn. I was at a wedding a few years ago at the beginning of Sept and it was FREEZING! There ended up being a lot of jackets and flannel at the wedding due to the 30 degree temp.

• Options
    edited December 2011

The Genesee Country Village has an awsome exhibition barn.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards