Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Question

Hi

Can you please confirm what is the norm in the US regarding feeding vendors. We will have a photographer, videographer and dj/mc for the most part of the evening from 5-11pm Photog & Vid & 8-1am DJ). Do we feed them. If so do we allocate them a seat at guest tables. Over here we don't do this at all but I would hate to offend anyone.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes please feed them or at least offer, they may decline. Check with your Venue they more than likely have a "Vendor Meal" price that is lower.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    US custom dictates that you should feed all of the above (photog, videog, DJ), but don't need to offer them a seat at guest tables.  Depending on your venue, too, you may be able to give them a less expensive version of your regular guest meal-- i.e., a pasta dish instead of filet mignon.  Good to check with your reception venue to see if that's an option. :)

EDIT: D'oh, I was just a second too late!  Stinkerbell hit the nail on the head.
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we fed our photgraphers and the DJ. I think Maggiano's only charged $30 per plate for vendors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bd898b28-120e-4a55-b3e6-efaeb89a2baaPost:d522f788-1107-49b1-8be7-46d8698b38fa">Re: Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we fed our photgraphers and the DJ. I think Maggiano's only charged $30 per plate for vendors.
    Posted by wenawinter[/QUOTE]

that is good to know! thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We asked our DJ and he declined. But he was very happy when we gave him some cheesecake anyways :)

They do not need a seat since they are working, but asking them is a very nice gesture, and I think some photogs might require it in your contracts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah thats great to know and I defo didn't want to offend anyone. I'll ask Caesars if they have a vendor deal etc.

Thanks a million my fi's Mum mentioned it from a wedding in Canada and this was the first I'd heard of it.

Thanks for your help as always.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

With have a contract with Mike L. Photography and it's written into our contract that they either get a meal break or are provided a meal. They are going to take a break while we are in the chapel, since they can't take pictures in there.

• Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's in my photog contract.  He's usually on-site for 8-10 hours, so that's a long time to go without eating.  He said one time he had to order a pizza because they didn't have any food for him.  It took away from time he could have been snapping photos.  It's quicker for him to run back and eat something on hand than to have to find (or order) food for himself. 

So yes it's polite in the US, but it also just makes sense.  This same reasoning could apply to any other vendor who is on-site most or all of your day.  If it's easy for them to grab food, they spend more time on you.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to give them some of the guests plates so the vendors can eat whatever they dont..... j/k lol.  Our venue is putting together a platter of food for our vendors, just like wraps and things, nothing too exciting.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards