Flowers
Options

Single rose for bridesmaids?

I'm opposed to real flowers because while they are gorgeous, they don't last very long and I want to be able to display my bouquet in a vase on my dresser or entertainment stand with wedding pics so I am just going with silk flowers. I have been back and forth on bridesmaids bouquets and I'm flirting with the idea of them carrying a single long stem rose. Not sure whether or not they would be real or not, but if I go with silk flowers, I thought that each of my bridesmaids could decorate their own stem and leaves. Using little crystals, glitter, ribbon, or whatever else as long as it's not gaudy. What does everyone think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Single rose for bridesmaids?

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dislike fake flowers and glitter and gems...because it is fake.  That is just my personal preference and provides some insight into my taste.

That being said.  Bridesmaids carrying a single real long stemmed rose finished with a bow is very lovely and very classically elegant. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From a photography perspective, it may be a little difficult to see what they're holding.  I chose small, simple bouquets for my girls.  But good luck with whatever you choose.  :)
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

A single rose is fine whether fake or real (I am with Magdala with the fake flowers...I personally do not like them at weddings, but to each their own).  I would, however, not let your girls decorate them with glitter and crystals and such...that would be very gaudy.  Just finish off the rose with a nice ribbon and call it a day.

• Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the no glitter and ribbons. You can do a single flower, just depends on the look you are going for. I am also a much bigger fan of real flowers than I am of fake flowers, but to each their own.
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A single flower is perfectly lovely to carry.

Are your BMs super crafty gals? And I mean ALL of them? If I were charged with the task of having to dedazzle a rose stem for my friend's wedding, I would freak out. I would not want to do this. I would be concerned that I'd mess it up and do a bad job and it would totally stress me out and feel like a major burden because it is not something I'm good at and not something I enjoy.

Unless your BMs are all a bunch of Martha Stewarts, I wouln't recommend asking them to take this on.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a single (real) rose. I may even do that myself. Very cost effective
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards