North Carolina
Options

Rant: Mildy Peeved at a hospital

Alright so here's my ranty roo. I've been going to a doctor recently because I've been having breathing problems, which I was told by the doctor I'm displaying 'air hunger' aka I hyperventilate pretty much all day long in a mild form.

Mr. Dr wanted me to go get a breathing study done at the hospital on my hometown since that's were his office is located (near charlotte. . .I live in Fuquay) as well as an allergy test done.

Breathing study came back with some results, but I won't know the full extent of it until I go in for a follow-up because he wont talk to me over the phone *ugh*. Well, while I was on the phone talking with the nurse about this, I remembered to ask about the allergy test.

Her response :
"Oh.  .yeah. . well. . .we'll need you to come do that AGAIN because while the tubes were in transit from Point A to Point B. . .the blood is missing."

W T FREAKING F. . . missing? How do you lose blood tubes? I'm sure as hell glad I wasn't donating blood and this happend.

So now I get to go BACK to Point A hospital for them to re-draw blood (I hate hate hate frickity hate needles) **they are doing this free of charge since I've already been billed. . . gee. . how nice of them**  Wait 3-4 days for the results and then go for a follow up for both the breathing test and allergies since I'd rather not be driving back and forth a bazillon times in the next few weeks.  Soooo looks like I'll be at my parents for a week without hubby and pups and critters at some point.

I love spending time with family, but not under these circumstances.

and yes, I realize it's a minimal issue and NOT the end of the world, but it still irks me. You'd think hospitals would be careful with this kind of stuff.

well. . .sorry to bitch but theres my rant for today.

On the brighter side of life.  .riding went AMAZINGLY this morning ANNNNDDDD I'm going to Busch Gardens this weekend with Hubby and Neighbors.  It'll kind of be like our little honeymoon since we got a suite and all :o) Too excited!

Thanks for listening/reading!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rant: Mildy Peeved at a hospital

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  My coworker was undergoing fertility treatments a few months ago and had to get blood drawn every morning <shudder> and the place that was drawing blood lost her samples three or four times when sending it out for testing.  We couldn't believe that happened either! 

Good luck with everything!!
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez. . .yeah see, like in my case. . its an irritation and Im just more so confused on how it happend, but I feel for your friend! Thats a HUGEE inconvience!

I hope everything worked out for her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this happened to you!  I had a similar experience...I had some blood sent off for a certain test one time and they ended up checking it for something entirely different...and of all things they accidently ran it for cancer...when they called the results to me ( that is was not cancer) I said WHAT..why did they check it for cancer...of course it's not cancer...but then they had me worried me to death thinking it was!  Such a mess....and they they billed me the bill for the cancer test and it took forever to get that fixed.....I don't understand how things like this happen, ya know?!  I guess just human error, but when it comes to health, that is one scary place to make an error!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that should never happen... sounds like careless-ness on their part. Is this thru the hospital or through a private office. If it is thru a hospital, I would definitely speak with their patient relations department, you should not have to pay anything other than what your insurance pays. ie, if you have a co-pay, co-insurance, deductible for these tests, you shouldn't have to pay it because it was their error and that is really the only way they can compensate you for your time and gas having to go back and get it done again. Coming from someone who has worked at two hospitals for the last 5 years, it can be done.

Hope it works out for you.

And whoo hoo for Busch Gardens! I love that place!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this Beka. How freakin frustrating is that??!!?? GRRRR.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok....i would just be pissed at the fact that i have to make that drive again....i remember coming back from olga's. that was the most boring drive ever and it felt like ground hog day seeing the say thing over and over again and feeling like i was never going to get home!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards