Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Janet Evanovich movie

I know there are a lot of Janet Evanovich fans on here. Did anyone else know they're making a movie of One for the Money? It's coming out at the end of January and I'm pretty excited!

The guy they have playing Ranger doesn't seem very "Ranger-ish" to me though. But Morelli seems pretty spot on.
Anniversary

Re: Janet Evanovich movie

• Options
    I love her books! I didn't know! That is exciting!
  • Options
    I had no idea either! I was in the drugstore and saw One for the Money on sale with a very different cover so I took a closer look and noticed it said "Now a Major Motion Picture." I immediately when home to Google.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I will have to re-read that one! Cannot wait to go to the movies and see it! I wonder if it will be a lot different than the book.
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard about it a few months back but did not know it was coming so soon! I am on #7 now, own a few others (out of order) but got hooked on her while living in NJ last year found 4 and 5 in a thrift and then went backwards and started from 1 lol

ETA: OK so Now I watched the trailer..Not a huge Katherine fan but this might change my mind. Lola is PERFECT...now I want them to go and produce them all lol
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Is it actually going to be in theaters or will it go straight to TV?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Tampa - They're so good! I got hooked on them about 3 or 4 years ago. Number 18 just came out

Adamar - The website says "In theaters January 27"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This is for Fish:  TOM CRUISE IS NOT JACK REACHER!!!!!!!!

Back  to your thread.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Hmm I'll have to keep my eye out for it then.  Is it weird that I picture the book more as  a cartoon than a real life movie?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I don't think it's weird, but I definitely didn't picture it that way. I did picture Grandma Mazur much older then the actress they've got playing her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I had heard rumors but I didn't hear there was an actual date set.  Can't wait!

I have already advised fiance that we are going to the movies next month.  Hopefully it will worth the price of admission...movies have gotten so outrageous!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:4c1fa792-5b1b-40bf-bf64-ded62c6cd572">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I had heard rumors but I didn't hear there was an actual date set.  Can't wait! I have already advised fiance that we are going to the movies next month.  Hopefully it will worth the price of admission...movies have gotten so outrageous!
    Posted by meganb1977[/QUOTE]
    Does your area have a cheap day? Movies here are between $9.95 - $12.95 depending on the theater but all of them are around $5 on Tuesdays.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Feb or March invest in the Entertainment book for your area (normally online find it for like $10-$15 including shipping) Regal does buy one get one in there like 12 times..FI and I used that a lot while we were dating.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This movie was originally supposed to be out about a year ago.  I've been waiting so long, and when I finally saw the poster in the movie theater, I was embarrasingly excited.

At first I wasn't happy about Katherine Heigel as Stephanie, but I'll keep an open mind.  I was hoping for Betty White as Grandma Mazure.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The problem with a movie based on a series of books is that after 18 books plus the holiday specials i have a definite picture in my head of who everyone is, and except for Lula I think they came up short.

Okay, Debbie Reynolds is awesome, but she's not very Grandma Mazur-ish looking.  

I pictured Morelli and Ranger as both hotter.  Sad face.
  • Options
    Ranger needs longer hair, right?
  • Options
    I knew. I just read Explosive Eighteen, and they have a calender in the back with January 21st highlighted on it.  I knew it was coming out soon before that, but not the actual date.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:f39d1d0e-82e0-4584-8459-fa149305c0f5">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is for Fish:  TOM CRUISE IS NOT JACK REACHER!!!!!!!! Back  to your thread.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Amen Missy Amen!

Finished 18 about a week ago. Awesome!  I signed up for the fan newletter years ago and she talked about the movie coming out in that.  I always pictured The Rock as Ranger and woman who played Sophia on Golden Girls as Grandma Mazur.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:5416044b-db26-4e21-a0a0-c40e546062d6">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]The problem with a movie based on a series of books is that after 18 books plus the holiday specials i have a definite picture in my head of who everyone is, and except for Lula I think they came up short. Okay, Debbie Reynolds is awesome, but she's not very Grandma Mazur-ish looking.   I pictured Morelli and Ranger as both hotter.  Sad face.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

This times a million.  I'm still pretty excited about it, and I do like Katherine Heigl so that idea is growing on me, but I don't think Morelli or Ranger is hot enough.  Betty White would have been AMAZING as grandma Mazur.

Now the question is: to re-read or no?  Honestly watching the trailer I remember, like, none of the plot of that particular book.  But at the same time I know if I re-read it now I'm gonna judge the movie WAY harsher about all the ways it didn't follow the book.  decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:ccf398af-6eae-4cea-b2b2-86ecbcbed43a">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ranger needs longer hair, right?
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>YES.</div><div>
    </div><div>And agree with duck about the muscles.</div><div>
    </div><div>MORE MUSCLES RANGER.</div><div>
    </div><div>/slight threadjack</div><div>
    </div><div>Ranger or Morelli?  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:975c49d9-4d82-44eb-901a-89f6c46b3d4c">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Janet Evanovich movie :  /slight threadjack Ranger or Morelli?  

Ahh it's so hard to decide.  A few books ago I would have said Morelli hands down, but Ranger's really starting to grow on me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:ccf398af-6eae-4cea-b2b2-86ecbcbed43a">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ranger needs longer hair, right?
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

And more muscles. I always pictured him as totally ripped.

And Betty White would be the shitt as Grandma Mazur.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I can't wait for this! I just hope that the movie lives up to the books.
     I think most of the casting choices look pretty good, but I'm not happy about Kathering Heigl as Stephanie. I find her to be too... I dunno.. cutesy and not edgy enough for Stephanie's character.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:975c49d9-4d82-44eb-901a-89f6c46b3d4c">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Janet Evanovich movie : YES. And agree with duck about the muscles. MORE MUSCLES RANGER. /slight threadjack Ranger or Morelli?  

For a H, Morelli, but for a one night stand (or weekend for that matter) always, always Ranger.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been a Ranger girl from the start.

swoon.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about Franco as Ranger, but yeah, I love Jason O'Mara as Morelli. Jon Huertas (Esposito on Castle) is more how I pictured Ranger.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:93225060-d952-4a97-80a3-918507627bac">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure about Franco as Ranger, but yeah, I love Jason O'Mara as Morelli. Jon Huertas (Esposito on Castle) is more how I pictured Ranger.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

<div>I do love Esposito...but still not as hot as the Ranger in my head (:</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_janet-evanovich-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:06f3b929-6397-4839-b28e-c87ca979a0a9Post:a57cc99c-7643-4864-ab71-ffab5adce45e">Re: Janet Evanovich movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Janet Evanovich movie : If you read Ranger's description, he's not a tall man.  Lula picked him up and shook him a few books ago, remember? Sadly, actress Estelle Getty passed away in 2008.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

She would have made a fantastic Grandma Mazur though.

I am willing to suspend my disbelief enough that Lula could lift a guy the size of The Rock.  :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards